John Tyler (11-1) vs Klein Collins (11-1) At Baylor's McLane Stadium

cujoforlife

Playoffs  

35 members have voted

1. 1. Who will win

• Cujo
    • Tigers

congrats to Klein Collins. They have a very good team. Good news is that JT returns a ton of players next yr (8 Off/5 Def and many more that played a ton)...Bad news is that Bryson Smith and Miller ain't one of them...lol.

Hahahaha, ain't nothing never wrong with free.. Won't be long they'll charge us to breathe.. Hahahaha

+1 lol

oh absolutely! Free ###### whoopins are the best kinds

too soon gtee...lol

congrats to Klein Collins. They have a very good team. Good news is that JT returns a ton of players next yr (8 Off/5 Def and many more that played a ton)...Bad news is that Bryson Smith and Miller ain't one of them...lol.

+1 lol

too soon gtee...lol

something else prolly too soon but JT should be a legit favorite next year

maybe, got to find a QB to replace Smith. Right now it looks like one of our starting WR will be the guy...Woods is his name. He is a little shorter than Smith. Only listed as 5'8, and you know thats probably giving him an inch or two. BUT he is just a soph, so he could grow. He is very mobile and I was told he had a good arm.

I wonder how they will look without Smith at Qb. JT have proven that they can reload at that position, but Bryson was a heck of a player, much better than Geo imo and probably better than Jeremy. That will be a huge lost imo. Just like losing Kordell and Phillips for us. I think the Cujo will lose Miller and #14 too. 2017 may be a tough year for the Pack and Cujo with the young guys we'll have starting next season in key positions.

Nothing to drop your head about. The KC d was everything it was biked to be. They were giving up 11 point per game. JT broke that by 3

They were the better team today. JT will always be there in the end fighting someone in the playoffs. Congrats on a deep run ... you will be right back there again next season doing it again

None of the 4 teams from East Texas in 6a can compete with the larger schools. It's time to drop down to 5a and stay.

That's not true at all. Up until a few years ago Longview, Lufkin & John Tyler played in the highest classification at that time being 5A. The only difference is that all 3 of the aforementioned schools fell a few numbers on the opposite side of the cutoff when 6A was introduced.

Look at what Lufkin use to do to The Woodlands a few years ago before 6A was introduced and that was BEFORE they split the school in half to bring in what is now College Park. Go look at the scores between Allen and Longview a few years ago and look how close the scores were with us beating them in 2009 if I am not mistaken. And to think, Allen had the highest enrollment in the entire state of Texas.

We have all gotten use to playing DOWN in the competition in 5A and with enrollment and depth being substantially more, it seems to be taking us some time to catch up with the speed of the game again at the highest classification, especially with the elite programs.

Yea 6a has good teams but the east TX teams have played well vs big name schools it's tough but we all should be fine in 6a I do belive Jt would have ran through the 5a playoff bracket and probably Longview and lufkin would have too but those early games get you ready for a team like Klein I hope the schedule more 6a schools like a klien collins ,slc etc, in the non district games

I wonder how they will look without Smith at Qb. JT have proven that they can reload at that position, but Bryson was a heck of a player, much better than Geo imo and probably better than Jeremy. That will be a huge lost imo. Just like losing Kordell and Phillips for us. I think the Cujo will lose Miller and #14 too. 2017 may be a tough year for the Pack and Cujo with the young guys we'll have starting next season in key positions.

Geo was a better passer

Who was the receiver making Geo look great? Bryson not that good IYO Smith! B was war ready to be varsity qb his sophomore year but all of yall and the entire JT staff were sleeping on him. A trip to wal mart to get him some lavender epsom salt and he hanging his cleats up....wouldnt they like to know what Lil B doing next.

I wouldn't say he was better than Jeremy in my opinion, but i wouldn't say someone is wrong for thinking that. Smith is a special talent. One of the best athletes to come through JT. You ought to see him on the Basketball court dunking on people.

JT will lose Miller, but #17 Street is a 6'5 soph who will be a Div.1 talent. He had 27 catches for 479 yards with 6 tds. Also, Givens-Washington, Jaivon Williams, and Victor Campbell will be back at receiver. I think they have the guys to step up and replace Miller. Will have to replace #14 Mosley and the other corner, but JT is DB high. JT produce Div.1 cb and safeties nearly every year. #4 Thompson got some game this yr, and was varsity last yr as a soph.

• Like 1

That's not true at all. Up until a few years ago Longview, Lufkin & John Tyler played in the highest classification at that time being 5A. The only difference is that all 3 of the aforementioned schools fell a few numbers on the opposite side of the cutoff when 6A was introduced.

Look at what Lufkin use to do to The Woodlands a few years ago before 6A was introduced and that was BEFORE they split the school in half to bring in what is now College Park. Go look at the scores between Allen and Longview a few years ago and look how close the scores were with us beating them in 2009 if I am not mistaken. And to think, Allen had the highest enrollment in the entire state of Texas.

We have all gotten use to playing DOWN in the competition in 5A and with enrollment and depth being substantially more, it seems to be taking us some time to catch up with the speed of the game again at the highest classification, especially with the elite programs.

I agree. I think they can play in 6a. Might as well get used to it, because JT/Lee/LV, and probably Luf ain't dropping anytime soon. Numbers are growing. Sometimes its about the luck of the draw. I think if JT would have been in Div.1 this yr,they probably would still be playing. Rockwall fell into an easier draw. This yr, Div.2 is loaded with teams that usually play in Div.1. Also, depends if you catch teams with loaded talent. Some of these teams have tons of seniors and may take a step back next yr.

I think the expectations for LV was too high this yr. They lost alot from last yr and it was too unreasonable to think they would be title contenders this yr...but LV has a ton of talent coming up in the next few yrs. I expect deep runs from them. I think one thing that would help is the East Texas teams need to schedule a little harder in the preseason to get a good feel for where they stand with the big boys, but to be honest, alot of teams don't want to play the East Texas schools in the preseason.

I was one that wanted to see Bryson come in after geo had a few struggles I actually thought Bryson played well when he came in for geo the few times he was hurt or something I think maybe just maybe that aledo game would of been different had Bryson been the qb at least on offense

I agree. I think they can play in 6a. Might as well get used to it, because JT/Lee/LV, and probably Luf ain't dropping anytime soon. Numbers are growing. Sometimes its about the luck of the draw. I think if JT would have been in Div.1 this yr,they probably would still be playing. Rockwall fell into an easier draw. This yr, Div.2 is loaded with teams that usually play in Div.1. Also, depends if you catch teams with loaded talent. Some of these teams have tons of seniors and may take a step back next yr.

I think the expectations for LV was too high this yr. They lost alot from last yr and it was too unreasonable to think they would be title contenders this yr...but LV has a ton of talent coming up in the next few yrs. I expect deep runs from them. I think one thing that would help is the East Texas teams need to schedule a little harder in the preseason to get a good feel for where they stand with the big boys, but to be honest, alot of teams don't want to play the East Texas schools in the preseason.

Yep, I agree with you as well and especially on the scheduling. I don't think it's the idea of the big name programs wanting to necessarily schedule us but, it's the idea of them AGREEING to come to East Texas. They are all fine if we come up there but for the most part, they DO NOT want to honor their end of the commitment when it's time to come down here. I have a new respect for S.O.C. that stepped out of their comfort zone this year to make the trip to Longview.

As for us here in Longview, if John King schedules Pine Tree again, I will personally lead the charge for his resignation because that shows me and the community that you are UNWILLING to get better and are CONTENT with just a district championship T-Shirt. Some schools get TWO decent teams under their belts for preseason.

If you're not on the phone with Allen, Katy, Cibolo Steele, Euless Trinity, Richmond George Ranch, Tulsa Union, Jenks, Cedar Hill, etc. YOU ARE WASTING YOUR TIME in my opinion trying to prepare your team to be state championship caliber. There is NO REASON why a Hallsville or Pine Tree should even be on your schedule for a SCRIMMAGE much less a non-district game.

99 I can't believe I'm explaining this to you again after 32dive already told you this at the beginning of the season. You were talking about the great run that Bryson made against Plano last year. He told you none of that individual stuff matter and I'm telling you the same thing. I don't care about the individual talent. Football is played 11 on 11. Until JT and the other 6a teams can field an complete team, trust me they will never compete in 6a. All of the large schools have good skill position players. None of them have trench type players year in and year out to compete with the big boys. JT offensive and defensive lines were exposed yesterday. How many times did you hear Miller name being called for making the stop yesterday? Did the linebackers play yesterday ? How many times did you see the offensive linemen on top of Goodson yesterday? I don't care about 7 on 7 no more. I know all the schools have good skill position players. We need more camps for offensive and defensive linemen.

• Like 1

JT was exposed this year, last against Lake Ridge who didn't even play defense themselves, Mansfield the year before, Guyer did the same thing until JT made that miraculous comeback, Midway the time before the Guyer game, Wiley just won that one in 2010, and Klein Bearcats a 3rd or 4th seed team exposed JT. Every year JT had great skill position players. How did that work out for them. You need linemen to win championships. They have to be physical on both sides of the ball. Until then we will continue to see the same thing happen every year.

99 I can't believe I'm explaining this to you again after 32dive already told you this at the beginning of the season. You were talking about the great run that Bryson made against Plano last year. He told you none of that individual stuff matter and I'm telling you the same thing. I don't care about the individual talent. Football is played 11 on 11. Until JT and the other 6a teams can field an complete team, trust me they will never compete in 6a. All of the large schools have good skill position players. None of them have trench type players year in and year out to compete with the big boys. JT offensive and defensive lines were exposed yesterday. How many times did you hear Miller name being called for making the stop yesterday? Did the linebackers play yesterday ? How many times did you see the offensive linemen on top of Goodson yesterday? I don't care about 7 on 7 no more. I know all the schools have good skill position players. We need more camps for offensive and defensive linemen.

I honestly don't believe we have the coaching from top to bottom like some of those top programs in 5A and 6A either. Definitely agree about the lines though..

Y'all gone quit living in lala land in East Texas and just accept reality.

Since 2010 JT is 3-2 against Longview, 4-3 against Lee, and 4-3 against Lufkin. They have had the best post season run out of all of them and their best wasn't good enough. In East Texas it takes a great class to win state. We will never be able to win multiple championships in a row like Katy, SLC, Aledo, Carthage, Celina, or any other teams that have done that. What we will do is continue to put out great skill position players every year and that's not slowing down anytime soon.

Klein defensive line was alot bigger and definitely stronger than JT offensive line. The same with there offensive line going against JT defensive line. Their linebackers dwarf JT linebackers. It's hard to compete with a school whose 9 grade class have 3 freshman teams. They definitely have quality depth in their program.