Newton vs Arp

et_football

Newton vs Arp  

107 members have voted

1. 1. Who wins

I think Arp can play against Newton. Just like against EF, I expect Newton to advance though. Arp coaching should probably stick with conventional wisdom though. Punt when you should punt, and maybe limit the onsides a bit. Their defense is good but you can't give the good teams short field all night and not give up points.

I hope I"m wrong but if I was betting the house I would have to take Newton. So, I am taking Newton by 14 and JJ will be heart broke once again. lol. If Newton can stop an offensive game (or slow it down considerably) with a sure fire passing game they will definitely stop Arp's game that is lacking in the passing department!

thanks for the support

Ate my crow after yall beat Crockett

Didn't like it. I think this could be the year for Arp. You beat Newton you win it all in my opinion. Just my opinion.

Arp is capable of passing the ball. They got plays to get Medlock the ball in space, and Overshawn is one of the best receivers in the state. They need to go to him more. That catch last night was big time. Crucial play in double coverage and he went and got it. He is a player and should be highly recruited next year.

JJ, IF YOU are SMART then DON'T get on here again this week and go on and on about Arp and ALL their D1 Talent. For the First Time EVER You were 50% on your Picks. ARP WINNER ef NOT! Be happy for once 😁 I would love to see Arp and Dale Win but would also be happy for Newton and WT so I CANT LOSE😁 Which is good Because I've Lost WAY TOO MANY this year anyway!!! Fast Hard Physical #22

EF went up 14-0 against Arp and 1:36 left in the game it was 27-27

That was without Medlock lol

How did that end up

Last I saw EF was 12-0 Untile Newton. Go ahead and do your jawing about Newton

.I think Newton played the best team in 3A d2 and won last night.

• Like 1

Was running the clock during the Arp vs Crockett game. #6 for Arp is a Beast. He will be recrutied hard in the next couple of years. Got size, speed , and will knock your jock off. Don't know if that will be enough to beat Newton though.

Bull.... I was at the game. Medlock played and was shutdown. Ef is far better than when they played Arp. Arp loses this game by 3+ tds.

Medlock definitely didn't play well against EF then got injured in the 2nd qrt. I think it was but this game is gonna be close

Medlock definitely didn't play well against EF then got injured in the 2nd qrt. I think it was but this game is gonna be close

I dont see it td. Arp doesnt have the passing game ef has and thats the thing that gave newton trouble. Arp wont be able to run on Newton.

I dont see it td. Arp doesnt have the passing game ef has and thats the thing that gave newton trouble. Arp wont be able to run on Newton.

I just told Rock that Arp will need to mix it up to have good chance and your right it will be tough to just run on Newton without the pass

Newton should win this one, Arp is physical but Newton is more physical and has more total team speed. Newtons defense pulled out the victory against EF with two interceptions and a costly fumble. Arp will run a similar flexbone offense that Walls and Waskom runs but Arp doesn't seem to use the pitch as they should to make the offense more effective. Newton just runs power off tackle with pulling guards and tackles. They also run a very effective inside reverse. Newton can be tricky if they want to also. Both teams can pass the ball a little with Arps big number 6 able to go up and get the thing if he needs to. Medlock is fast and shifty and the one that Newton will key on. Newton turned the ball over just one time against EF and relies on total ball control. Both Arp and Newton has players who can take it to the house. I think this game goes to Newton as they have just to much firepower and a defense that doesn't allow for much. I will be traveling to this game with a group this week so hoping for another good game.