Newton vs Arp

et_football

Newton vs Arp  

107 members have voted

1. 1. Who wins

your right they are super fast and don't get tired not arguing that they are great but I do think a team with a big Oline that is committed to running the ball can have success but I will say this #8 and #4 was the best players Yal had on def in my opinion

Thankfully we have 8 and a few more for another 2 years lol

Thankfully we have 8 and a few more for another 2 years lol

he is really good has great ball skills I see him more as a safety with his size but saw real quick why he was following #10 around even though he did need help at times, he is a player ! I thought #4 was the main problem our Oline had his speed rush around the end was a serious problem all game .

After watching highlights and going back and watching film newtons D line was the difference in the EF game but there was more opportunity for EF to win that game than it was for Newton all 3 EF turnovers was on drives inside Newton territory and for the folks saying Newton played man coverage watch the game #10 had bracket coverage on him most the game with safety help every once in a while they would put #8 on him in man but not often ! Also around the 4:00 min mark in 4th #10 catches a TD in corner of endzone takes 3 steps with ball then drops ball to celebrate only to see the ref say incomplete that would of made the game 30-27 with 4 min to go would like to hear an explanation on that even talked to some Newton people said he caught the ball after the game ! All that being said Newton did what the had to and they did win the game and I think they very well may win this game Also but I don't think Arp turns ball over 3 times and have 2 turnover on downs inside Newton territory like EF did my prediction for what it's worth is Arp 27 Newton 23 Good Luck JJ and Arp pulling for the 9

I didn't get to see this game. Was at Arp/Crockett. 3 steps and celebrates? Karma can be cruel.

I didn't get to see this game. Was at Arp/Crockett. 3 steps and celebrates? Karma can be cruel.

u would celebrate too if u thought he just brought your team within 3 points of the #1 team and odds on favorite to win State late in the 4th quarter these are kids we talking about come on man I don't see your karma quote as having any relevance at all he wasn't dancing or anything just showing emotion as most kids do playing a game !

Newton will put 8 people up near the line of scrimmage on 80% of their deffensive plays. Not always in the same place mind you. They will all be fast and hard to block. If you do block them they do a good job of getting off blocks and with their speed if seems like they were not blocked. I saw them on film against Kirbyville. Even if you can pass a litlle bit they are not going to change what they do. They are going to test your off cord and see if he is paintence enough to stick with a short passing game. Most are not. Most teams do what they do. I will be pulling for Arp. Have some friends there but will be at the Centerville vs Carlisle game. I just think Newtons Defense will be to much for Arp. Newton 28 Arp 14. I believe Medlock will break one or two runs.

the dude complimented your team and was asking a question, but he's a sore looser? You may be the sore looser, mad because he's not jumping on the newton wagon, arp can win this game their due for another round and I think they get it done this week

Calm down to to, I was just messing with him and he knew it.

Calm down to to, I was just messing with him and he knew it.

I knew u was referring to me only posting twice since the game lol I knew what u meant it's was justified in the smack talk I did last week lol the Dr Pepper did help with the crow eating though I will say ! The best part of the entire game for me was walking in as we scored first and the Newton fans in pure shock that we made them punt and even more shocked we scored first and after the second TD every fan on Newton side was like WTH is happening but like I said better team won and good luck

I wouldn't use EF film to judge the running game. Yes they had some success, however there will be a few more stacked in the box this week. ARP will have to have some success throwing to open up the run.

your right I would expect #8 to play more safety and load the box coming down hill to meet backs in hole ! I think part of EF success was Newton moved players around to matchup athlete for athlete and this week they can go more base defense but I think Arp has size and speed to give Newton problems going to be another great game I am sure

After watching highlights and going back and watching film newtons D line was the difference in the EF game but there was more opportunity for EF to win that game than it was for Newton all 3 EF turnovers was on drives inside Newton territory and for the folks saying Newton played man coverage watch the game #10 had bracket coverage on him most the game with safety help every once in a while they would put #8 on him in man but not often ! Also around the 4:00 min mark in 4th #10 catches a TD in corner of endzone takes 3 steps with ball then drops ball to celebrate only to see the ref say incomplete that would of made the game 30-27 with 4 min to go would like to hear an explanation on that even talked to some Newton people said he caught the ball after the game ! All that being said Newton did what the had to and they did win the game and I think they very well may win this game Also but I don't think Arp turns ball over 3 times and have 2 turnover on downs inside Newton territory like EF did my prediction for what it's worth is Arp 27 Newton 23 Good Luck JJ and Arp pulling for the 9

That was a catch and possession and then the defender knocked the ball out of Dylan's hand but he was not celebrating he was just letting the ref know he caught the ball but hey it's done and over with, barring the onside kick Newton probably would've still ran the clock out like they did when they held us on 4th down.

That was a catch and possession and then the defender knocked the ball out of Dylan's hand but he was not celebrating he was just letting the ref know he caught the ball but hey it's done and over with, barring the onside kick Newton probably would've still ran the clock out like they did when they held us on 4th down.

only down 3 after a big scoring drive with 4 min left I don't think EF kicks the onside I think they would of kicked off and played defense all the pressure would of been back on Newton but your right done and over with now ! Man what I would have given to see a HB screen pass with all that pressure or a little mis direction use that speed and rush against them !

he is really good has great ball skills I see him more as a safety with his size but saw real quick why he was following #10 around even though he did need help at times, he is a player ! I thought #4 was the main problem our Oline had his speed rush around the end was a serious problem all game .

4 and 45 are ballers. I was impressed with both.

u would celebrate too if u thought he just brought your team within 3 points of the #1 team and odds on favorite to win State late in the 4th quarter these are kids we talking about come on man I don't see your karma quote as having any relevance at all he wasn't dancing or anything just showing emotion as most kids do playing a game !

You are correct I would. There are a lot of folks who understood my post. You were just not one of them. Anyway this is Newton and Arp. I will be there barring rainout. Pulling for Arp, anticipating Newton to advance. They have the experience advantage here. Their kids have been here before. And beyond.

EF came out pumped but once the adrenaline wore off and reality set in it was over.

Hey LSU go look at our highlights and on Newton's first TD I believe at the 3min mark on YouTube, check out the miss clip call on #17 who was in pursuit of making that tackle and he almost got injured on that play, js!

Hey LSU go look at our highlights and on Newton's first TD I believe at the 3min mark on YouTube, check out the miss clip call on #17 who was in pursuit of making that tackle and he almost got injured on that play, js!

Turf Monster got him..