Malakoff vs. Cameron Yoe

RETIREDFAN1

Malakoff vs Yoe  

61 members have voted

1. 1. Regional Finals......who wins???

Driskell is doing an outstanding job over there in Malakoff. Congrats on the win Malakoff, take it all the way. And as for Yoe, congrats on an outstanding season. This was an awesome game to watch last night. There were many special things that took place in this game last night from both sides but I think the biggest thing I took from this game was how #2 from Malakoff calmed one of his coaches down from a verbal disagreement with an official during a timeout and then proceeded to rally his guys around him to talk to each of them and get them focused before heading back out on the field. The very next play, the crazy Malakoff TD pass over the top of two Yoe defenders happened and (IMO) changed the momentum of the game. This game was worth all the hype for being the Region 3 championship

• Like 2

Our coaching staff has had our kids prepared and a darn near perfect game plan for each opponent we have faced this year and the kids have gone out and executed each game. This is not a shot at any other Tiger team in the past but I believe the main difference in this team and others before is every kid knows his role and accepts that role there are no egos in the way. But the job is not finished and I am sure next Friday will be no different. Hat of to Cameron Yoe they are a great team and have nothing to hang their heads about these 2 teams are almost a mirror image of each other it just happened to be our time.

Yoe was overrated all year. I knew there was no way they were going to the big dance this year. Maybe if they were playing 2A, but even then they'd be hard pressed to make it past Refugio.

Overrated? Possibly, but probably not. This team was not quite as complete as the 2015 team, but to say there was "no way" this team was going to the "big dance" this year is a stretch. Cameron just lost a toss-up game to a very powerful Malakof team that was ranked ahead of them. We will see what the Tigers do next week and then possibly in the state finals. The region was very difficult this year.

• Like 1

I also remember beating Refugio last year if I recall and the year before, correct me if Im wrong.

Yeah, you're wrong. Refugio beat Cameron in 2014 (27-20) and Cameron beat Refugio in 2015 (42-27). I was at both of those games. Home team won in both instances. Remember, Refugio sat their top three players out the first half in 2015 due to discipline issues. Considering Yoe is up one classification, it would seem like that came out pretty even or better for Refugio.

who is your team everride? or do you just RIDE with whoever is winning at the time?

I have no allegiance to any team, just enjoy watching good football, and prefer small town teams over where I live (Cedar Park). But, I do have several teams that I try to make a point to attend their games when possible... Cameron (3 games this year, China Spring, Rockdale, Teague), Refugio (2 games this year, Shiner, Mason), Cedar Park of course when there's not a small school matchup in my area that I want to see.

actually we were underdogs in all most games, and were not in the top ten at the end of the season, a lot of teams that were weren't playing last night, and every year were in the mix for the big dance, I never heard of Carlisle till this year.

Yeah most smoaksters havnt heard of carlisle till this year, as much as I have run them up the flag pole on here.. Hahahaha. But usually yall yoemen are busy with yalls own thread, wit SC appearance an stuff all the time, it's all good bro, yall may win it all next year.. Hell it's not something new to ya.

Yoe OVERACHIEVED this season. Lost our HC, starting QB, star DL, and the 3A Player of the Year, amongst other changes.

Malakoff is a top-flight program, but either Teague had a particularly bad night against us, or we had a particularly good night, considering that score shoulda been 37-6. Took a step back against Malakoff, and we paid for it...

Yoe OVERACHIEVED this season. Lost our HC, starting QB, star DL, and the 3A Player of the Year, amongst other changes.

Malakoff is a top-flight program, but either Teague had a particularly bad night against us, or we had a particularly good night, considering that score shoulda been 37-6. Took a step back against Malakoff, and we paid for it...

Teague had a awful night with a key injury as well. We will be LOADED next yr just hope we can get it all together when it counts.