Jeff Traylor's next landing Spot

Coach Rab

Looks like SMU and Chad Morris have scooped up Traylor and given him the Assistant Head Coach title.

I like it. Hopefully my Ponies will get things turned around on the Hilltop. If he helps get SMU back on track he should be making the big bucks in the next 5 years. If not then I doubt it. SMU is a high risk. We've had 1- 8 win season in the past 32 years in 2009. I'm a loyal fan, but it's been rough.

Has he got a 3 grader?

Texas state colleges count toward Texas retirement

SMU is a private school, so I don't think he'll get anything for it.

Done deal...Assistant Head Coach...announced by KLTV Digital Media, KETK, Dallas News SportsDay (Ben Baby), American Statesman Joe Harrington, Gilmer Mirror & David Smoak...good enough for me

Congratulations Jeff...my Dad & sister are SMU Alumni...look forward to seeing you & proud of you & for you.

Same thing was said about Fedora for months...

SMU just got a major asset. I've heard some snickering about the "associate head coach" title, but dude is gonna make an impact. Herman may rue the day he let Traylor slip through his fingers.

Done deal...Assistant Head Coach...announced by KLTV Digital Media, KETK, Dallas News SportsDay (Ben Baby), American Statesman Joe Harrington, Gilmer Mirror & David Smoak...good enough for me

Congratulations Jeff...my Dad & sister are SMU Alumni...look forward to seeing you & proud of you & for you.

Dang, I know I'm not a media source, but that is a lot of confirmation.

SMU just got a major asset. I've heard some snickering about the "associate head coach" title, but dude is gonna make an impact. Herman may rue the day he let Traylor slip through his fingers.

Looking at the "poor Horns recruiting class", I'd guess Herman is feeling the impact of taking the "Coby" as his TE Coach/"big time Texas recruiter". They dropped the ball!!!

Jeff and the Mustangs will do great on the Hill top!!!

• Like 1

Looking at the "poor Horns recruiting class", I'd guess Herman is feeling the impact of taking the "Coby" as his TE Coach/"big time Texas recruiter". They dropped the ball!!!

Jeff and the Mustangs will do great on the Hill top!!!

I'm hoping Jeff can be the final piece of the puzzle to help Chad and the 'Stangs get over the hump. We all know both of those guys can coach and recruit, they have proven it over and over again.

• Like 1

I agree. I was SICK SICK SICK the day I found out that Herman was not going to keep Traylor on staff. I would say that Herman has made a mistake there but by all accounts he has done a bunch more with his career than I have with mine. LOL

I agree. I was SICK SICK SICK the day I found out that Herman was not going to keep Traylor on staff. I would say that Herman has made a mistake there but by all accounts he has done a bunch more with his career than I have with mine. LOL

It is way to early to say Herman has made a mistake, he has been successful at every turn. And if he felt he needed to separate himself from Jeff then I trust his judgement on that. In the longrun it may be a win for both UT and SMU, I sure home so.

I let an Alumni that played for SMU from 1989-1992 there, and he's ecstatic about his hire. Others chimed in so he has the backing of the Alumni to help turn things around. I hope he does great things along side Chad Morris, because we need it.