HS Boys Basketball

SSCatz

Anyone on the Forum follow the Lufkin Pineywoods Academy, or ever seen them play? I was checking out Dist 23-2A and they have a durn good record. I'm surprised they aren't ranked. Carthage only beat them by 5 points (of course Carthage had been busy playing football lol).

Just curious what their strength is. They might have a 6'10" post, which will make a so-so 2A very good.

Anyone on the Forum follow the Lufkin Pineywoods Academy, or ever seen them play? I was checking out Dist 23-2A and they have a durn good record. I'm surprised they aren't ranked. Carthage only beat them by 5 points (of course Carthage had been busy playing football lol).

Just curious what their strength is. They might have a 6'10" post, which will make a so-so 2A very good.

No 6'10 post but they have about 4 kids that are really good. One of them is a 6'4 guard that can play inside and out. They run the floor really well, those kids live in the gym bc that is all they have besides track. They have no seniors so they will be even better next year. Coach used to coach at Diboll, know the game real well. They got something going there, too bad they will be 3A next alignment.

• Like 1

Looks like someone is being a bully again.

Score from last night, Silsbee 131, Orangefield 47

Friend's son plays for OF and he keeps Stats. Said they had 25 turnovers in first half. Kinda confirms what West Rusk said, they aren't up to par, especially playing Silsbee. To be honest, Silsbee is in a league by themselves.

2016-2017 TABC Rankings - January 30, 2017

Girls - Class 4A

1.Argyle(27-2) Region 2

2.Kennedale(29-3) Region1

3.Liberty Hill(27-2) Region3

4.Godley(28-4) Region 1

5.Tatum(28-0) Region 2

6.Navasota(31-3) Region 3

7.Levelland(25-4) Region 1

8.Madisonville(24-4) Region 3

9.Devine(23-4) Region 4

10.Stephenville(22-6) Region 1

11.Hou Wheatley(24-3) Region 3

12.Gilmer(26-3) Region 2

19. Bullard Region 2

Shelbyville defeated Tenaha 75-69 in OT

Great victory for Shelbyville. Congrats to them.

Best as I can tell from the little I knew of them, and by what I've learned on SDC, beating Tenaha at anything is an accomplishment.

Huh?

Tenaha is #7. Evadale is #22

Lol, I just wonder if anybody read this thread. Thanks to you, I know somebody does. It'd be great if the two met in the playoffs, but we have several good teams before we get that far. I do think Tenaha will get there, but we'll have to hit on all cylinders in several games. It's possible, and dreaming is free. Take care longhorn.

Looked at the bracket projections on HoopInsider, and it looks like the top half of the bracket will be tough. Evadale has a tough road with Alto/Chireno in the second round, possibly Pineywoods in the Regional Quarterfinals and Grapeland/LaPoynor in the Regional Semifinals.

Tenaha will have Neches waiting in the Regional Quarterfinals. Not sure who else is on that side of the bracket that could be worriesome. District 17 and 18 don't look too imposing...Maybe Italy or Big Sandy, but they wouldn't be seen until the Regional Semifinals.

• Like 1

Looked at the bracket projections on HoopInsider, and it looks like the top half of the bracket will be tough. Evadale has a tough road with Alto/Chireno in the second round, possibly Pineywoods in the Regional Quarterfinals and Grapeland/LaPoynor in the Regional Semifinals.

Tenaha will have Neches waiting in the Regional Quarterfinals. Not sure who else is on that side of the bracket that could be worriesome. District 17 and 18 don't look too imposing...Maybe Italy or Big Sandy, but they wouldn't be seen until the Regional Semifinals.

I agree. It'll take nothing short of a miracle for Evadale. We beat Chireno in Evadale, but at a neutral site, you never know. And Grapeland & LaPoynor - them two are tush hogs. Alto and Pineywoods, both good squads. We have heart, depth, and hustle, but sometimes all that isn't enough. But G'pa will be there even if G'son just gets splinters in his buttocks lol.

I agree. It'll take nothing short of a miracle for Evadale. We beat Chireno in Evadale, but at a neutral site, you never know. And Grapeland & LaPoynor - them two are tush hogs. Alto and Pineywoods, both good squads. We have heart, depth, and hustle, but sometimes all that isn't enough. But G'pa will be there even if G'son just gets splinters in his buttocks lol.

Something tells me that Evadale will be just fine. Maybe a little more battle tested than the others, but the depth and size will be a huge boost.

Congrats on the impressive win last night...

• Like 1

Thanks, the boys played their tails off. At SP, it was a close game, 83-76, so I think the Rebs wanted to make a statement. Sabine Pass has several really good players. One of theirs could handle/dribble a ball like a Harlem Globetrotter. There team gets a little lazy on defense, but when they play hard, as they did when we played them in SP, they are formidable. I think I get more tired straining in the stands than the players lol.

Final Reg season game for Evadale Tuesday vs West Hardin at Rebel Gym, and it'll be Senior Night.

Have a great group, and they will be missed.

Brady Griffin

Daniel Bean

Kagen Rawls

Zach Stark

Grant Herrington

Casey Black

Josh Connor