Carthage vs China Spring

CarthDawg77

Carthage vs. China Spring  

98 members have voted

1. 1. State semifinals. Who wins?

What a game!

On a side note CS is protesting the game over an ineligible player. Don't think it will fly with this UIL but it is a story!

If Carthage has an ineligible player, the game should be forfeited. Why would the UIL do any different?

Feel so bad for China Spring kicker but way to go Carthage. If Waskom can't make it Carthage is the next best thing.

The kicker cannot make up for what the rest of the team should have done for 48 minutes. Do not blame him.

• Like 1

Congrats from Gilmer. Glad the Dawgs are representing East Texas well. Now bring home that state championship!

I knew it would be a close one but I didn't expect this. Like I and many other people in this thread have said earlier...........Don't bet against Coach Surratt and his Bulldogs when the playoffs start!

Got to give'em credit...coulda/shoulda lost to Silsbee in rd 1...trailed Hendo in 4th qtr in rd 3...escaped when Staff missed 34 yd gw fg in rd 4...won in 3 ot's in rd 5. 4 playoff wins by a grand total of 13 pts. Just amazing lol. Congrats and good luck against Wylie.

Congrats to China Spring, you had a awesome season and played tough as heck tonight. What can be said about the Dawgs defense, they held China Spring to just 3 points in the 2nd half. I know the players had to be exhausted, because both teams left it on the field tonight. Carthage had 4 turnovers and China Spring only had 1, a battle that was great to witness. I have no voice but it was all worth it, I will recoup and be ready next Friday. I am glad that we go into the Championship game without injuries. One game at a time, Go Dawgs!

You obviously know something more than the casual obsever. Do you have a contact at CS to confirm or deny this statement? I don't think for one minute that any coach in the semi finals would take a chance on an ineligible player, especially Coach Surrat.

I heard the same thing. Before game even started.

Yep. And the ESPN broadcasters are referring the Davis as the "QB who doesn't run".

He had minus-8 yards rushing entering the game, 2-rushing TD's, and the 14-yard scramble was brilliant and a huge field position play. But, don't kid yourself, he's not a running threat but loved watching him throw it around, great arm and accuracy.