Carthage vs China Spring

CarthDawg77

Carthage vs. China Spring  

98 members have voted

1. 1. State semifinals. Who wins?

Thought the interview with China Spring coach before the game was a little interesting when he said he heard Surratt made a lot of money. Now we hear this about a player after the game is over and they got beat. Beginning to form some thoughts about China Spring.

I wouldn't question his character at this point, this story is false.

Romansoldier1....I also thought the officiating was bad but both ways. Many no calls on pass interference. One obvious by Carthage at end of first half in the end zone. Also, watch the film #51 had multiple holds throughout the game....and no call. Why? Because officials at this point don't want to determine the outcome I suspect. They let it happen on the field between the teams. And yes probably just as many no calls the other way.

Just my 2 cents. Carthage is loaded with talent and really made China Springs offense look very vanilla....Coach Bell never opened up his playbook...wish he had at least tried. Oh well...good luck next week.

One of the best games ive seen in person. Like someone mentioned i had no ties to either team other than being from east texas but i couldnt help but jump out of my chair when he scored at the end. What redemption for that young man who is a heck of a player. I thought the carthage defense was the story. Kept finding a way to make a play when they were put it tough positions and ultimately coming up huge in OT. Congrats

• Like 1

One of the best games ive seen in person. Like someone mentioned i had no ties to either team other than being from east texas but i couldnt help but jump out of my chair when he scored at the end. What redemption for that young man who is a heck of a player. I thought the carthage defense was the story. Kept finding a way to make a play when they were put it tough positions and ultimately coming up huge in OT. Congrats

Thanks for the support from Winnsboro Chevyman!

Coach Surratt is one of the best.....BUT, Coach Preston( D. C ) is also. Go back and think of the adjustments he has made, not only this year, but the past several years at half. . How many times, just this years playoffs, has the team been held to 6 or less after half?

Coach Surratt is one of the best.....BUT, Coach Preston( D. C ) is also. Go back and think of the adjustments he has made, not only this year, but the past several years at half. . How many times, just this years playoffs, has the team been held to 6 or less after half?

I must admit that following the losses to Henderson & then Kilgore, I thought we'd be done after only one or two rounds in the playoffs... But then, the Dawg D began to come together and make some great stops & pull out wins where losses looked likely; These guys are playing "Lights Out" Defense now & winning game after game in spite of taking the field as underdogs! Coaches Surratt, Preston & the whole Staff have done a Tremendous job of making us "armchair" guys Proud!

This Dawg team is different from any team in the past. Oh they are loaded with talent, but the( I will not let you beat me on this play) per man is what the coaching staff has put in these kids. I have never seen anything like it in my 50 years of watching Carthage high school football.

This will be my favorite Dawg team of all time. We Dawg fans are so Blessed to have coach S and his staff not for the winning as much as how these young men will go out into societie and make a difference because of the never quit attitude they have learned.

I truly believe these Dawgs will win the state championship next Friday, but they will be remembered for much more when we look back in time.

Dawgs by 10.

Let's Go Dawgs !!!!!

God Bless coaches, players, and fans.

What in the hell?

I go to sleep late last night and wake up to cluster of everyone losing their minds.

While the allegations of anything U.I.L. and eligibility is not a current issue, Mark Cousins did in fact contact the Carthage superintendent recently about a player who transferred from Beckville and has been on the Carthage roster. However, the player in question had all the of right boxes checked off and approved by not only Beckville I.S.D., but also the district committee.

But, everything checks out, and it's a dead issue.

Let me repeat, the allegations were untrue, everything checked out and it's a DEAD ISSUE. And, I'm hoping so to will be this thread, about what otherwise was an incredible football game.

The player and family in question have multiple students attending Carthage I.S.D, and all the paperwork is cleared.

And, believe it or not, the allegations against Carthage came from people within Carthage I.S.D. who apparently have an ax to grind, are bitter about a previous decision by the athletic department or just having nothing better to do. And, even worse, if this was legitimate, and it's not, it's sickening to me it wouldn't come out until now---that's gutless, yes I said gutless...and if you're the one who called the U.I.L., I'm talking to you, and you know where to find me.

I also want to respond to a comment in this thread about China Spring football coach Mark Bell, and his comment about the money paid to Scott Surratt. I did that interview and it was an absolute compliment to Coach Surratt and that's exactly how I took it as well.

For those who don't know the story behind Coach Bell, he is a tremendous football coach, who has endured the loss of his daughter a few years back and he himself dealt with emergency heart surgery this past summer.

I've interviewed two separate times about both of those stories, and his emotions were raw, real, and if you knew him, you would know he didn't take a shot at Coach Surratt.

I've broadcast and covered several hundred games over the years, and I've seen many Classic's, and Saturday was another one. Two well coached teams, two programs who put every ounce of energy on the field. And, there's a great picture of a Carthage offensive lineman consoling a China Spring player who is on his knees after the Keaontay Ingram game-winning touchdown. That's what this is about, yes, winning is great, championships are great...but it's about becoming better men and learning about overcoming adversity.

Now, let's move on to the championship weekend without unnecessary drama.

Thank you.

David Smoak

[email protected]

[email protected]

• Like 6

It was a great game. We just didn’t execute like we should have. I saw bad calls on both ends, but nothing game changing. Coach Bell is a great Coach and stand up guy. I hate that not only does our team have to deal with a loss, but now rumors that we are sore losers. That is simply not true. Good luck Carthage.

On a side note that CS #14 had a good game last night, but I'm a little biased.

What in the hell?

I go to sleep late last night and wake up to cluster of everyone losing their minds.

While the allegations of anything U.I.L. and eligibility is not a current issue, Mark Cousins did in fact contact the Carthage superintendent recently about a player who transferred from Beckville and has been on the Carthage roster. However, the player in question had all the of right boxes checked off and approved by not only Beckville I.S.D., but also the district committee.

But, everything checks out, and it's a dead issue.

Let me repeat, the allegations were untrue, everything checked out and it's a DEAD ISSUE. And, I'm hoping so to will be this thread, about what otherwise was an incredible football game.

The player and family in question have multiple students attending Carthage I.S.D, and all the paperwork is cleared.

And, believe it or not, the allegations against Carthage came from people within Carthage I.S.D. who apparently have an ax to grind, are bitter about a previous decision by the athletic department or just having nothing better to do. And, even worse, if this was legitimate, and it's not, it's sickening to me it wouldn't come out until now---that's gutless, yes I said gutless...and if you're the one who called the U.I.L., I'm talking to you, and you know where to find me.

I also want to respond to a comment in this thread about China Spring football coach Mark Bell, and his comment about the money paid to Scott Surratt. I did that interview and it was an absolute compliment to Coach Surratt and that's exactly how I took it as well.

For those who don't know the story behind Coach Bell, he is a tremendous football coach, who has endured the loss of his daughter a few years back and he himself dealt with emergency heart surgery this past summer.

I've interviewed two separate times about both of those stories, and his emotions were raw, real, and if you knew him, you would know he didn't take a shot at Coach Surratt.

I've broadcast and covered several hundred games over the years, and I've seen many Classic's, and Saturday was another one. Two well coached teams, two programs who put every ounce of energy on the field. And, there's a great picture of a Carthage offensive lineman consoling a China Spring player who is on his knees after the Keaontay Ingram game-winning touchdown. That's what this is about, yes, winning is great, championships are great...but it's about becoming better men and learning about overcoming adversity.

Now, let's move on to the championship weekend without unnecessary drama.

Thank you.

David Smoak

[email protected]

[email protected]

Very well said.. thank you mr smoak