Malakoff vs. Yoakum

RETIREDFAN1

Malakoff vs. Yoakum  

42 members have voted

1. 1. Who wins????

Brock didn't have 5 turnovers, they only had 2, and both were withing the last minute and a half of the game throwing the ball trying to get a score since Wall was up and the game was about to end. I was there, they did have a bunch of turnover on downs though, not being able to convert 4th and shorts because of Walls defense. They threw Thier first pick with a minute and a half left and Wall scored on a 4th and 3 from the 33. Next possession they threw their 2nd pick with 58 seconds left and Wall was able to just take a knee.

Turnover on downs is a turnover in my book

Well Friday will tell the story. Malakoff has been whooping a lot of teams with guys who are been recruited so we shall see what yoakum guys have Friday at DKR.

I don't think you have or will face 2 ppl recruited on their level and that goes for my kids as well.

I didnt either that T heard is something special. He will get bigger offers for sure!

I'm sure they have been to some big time camps over the summer and got their name out there. Plus I'm sure their head coach knows plenty of people since he played D1 football himself. Sure he has done a good job getting their name out there.

I agree with stitch. Cause from the look of things on film I don't think they are to much better or even if they are better than #1 & #2 for Malakoff. But like I said they have a lot of upside long lengthy guys.

In this day and time you have to attend camps at colleges. That puts the kid on their radar and from there they will get out and watch games or film.

I'll take Malakoff by 10. Yoakum appears to have pretty good size on their O-Line, will be a solid test for Malakoff's defensive front. They will surely try and get the Moore brothers their share of the ball to make things happen quick but the Bulldogs aren't opposed to powering the football through the ground. I think Malakoff should hold up fine for this one

Ya'll seriously I just watched a few film on Yoakum and yes them two boys are awesome but there is a HUGE difference in Region 3 ball and Region 4 ball.

Look for this game to be like Cameron's last few games against Region 4 close early and HUGE late! Malakoff will just have to much for them across the board.

Yoakum's line is big and slow. there front 7 is slow compared to the speed of Malakoff. I am sure the Brothers over there at Yoakum will be guarding Russell and Barker but honestly I believe Barker can leave who ever is guarding him. I believe the other receivers for Malakoff will have a field day against the other guys guarding them.

Russell Might be emerging as the best WR in 3A High School football!

BLOW OUT ALERT!

Malakoff 56

Yoakum 21

Those Moore brothers will not be able to cover barker using the bump and run technique I can guarantee that. He will be a big matchup problem. I can see #1 and Russel battling it out Friday night that will make for a interesting matchup. The tell of the tape will be can Yoakum big name recruits stop some unknown guys from Malakoff

Ya'll seriously I just watched a few film on Yoakum and yes them two boys are awesome but there is a HUGE difference in Region 3 ball and Region 4 ball.

Look for this game to be like Cameron's last few games against Region 4 close early and HUGE late! Malakoff will just have to much for them across the board.

Yoakum's line is big and slow. there front 7 is slow compared to the speed of Malakoff. I am sure the Brothers over there at Yoakum will be guarding Russell and Barker but honestly I believe Barker can leave who ever is guarding him. I believe the other receivers for Malakoff will have a field day against the other guys guarding them.

Russell Might be emerging as the best WR in High School football!

BLOW OUT ALERT!

Malakoff 56

Yoakum 21

Come on man. He is very good but easy with those kinds of statements.

I agree with you that Yoakum doesn't jump out at you on film but they have beat some good teams and played some very good teams close. Cuero score was 14-7 and they lost to Giddings by 11. Both of those are 4a teams that just got beat out this past week. They beat a Taylor team that beat Rockdale. I think Malakoff looks way better on film, maybe Yoakum just plays to their competition or something. I still think Malakoff is just a better all around team and they are coached better. I think it's closer than what some think but Malakoff is too much in the end.