Sweetwater vs Gilmer 4A DII semi finals at McLane Stadium in Waco

jubilant

Sweetwater vs. Gilmer  

65 members have voted

1. 1. Semifinals. Who wins????

Ok,,, I bought a new bag of Almond M&M's yesterday. Tonight after church, I decided to see where my Chocolate, (crystal ball) almond M&M's were leaning. I decided to make it more for certain, since it was the semis, so I decided to do a bigger test. I figured 3 out of five shots would give me a more accurate result. Here we go: first test, RED, dad gum it. Second test: Orange, yes. Third test: Red, crud. Fourth test: Orange, rollin' now. Fifth and final test: Orange, YESSSSS. The M&M's have spoken. Plus, we've played in 4 playoff games, in each we have been the home team. Which team are we at Baylor???? HOME. I've had my lucky Tee Shirt that I've worn since the 2009 championship every game this year, but didn't go to the Carthage game, so wasn't wearing it that week, and we lost. I've had my trusty two Buckeyes in my pocket at each game I attended, and we've won. I got two new ones this year, cause we ended the season last year on a sour note losing to Celina. The new buckeyes were working to perfection last Friday in Mesquite. Celina got their comeupance. Everything is adding up. Looks like a good week and a win Friday night. I feel a lot better now. :)

Seriously,,, I'm feeling more confident because I have seen our defense getting better each week. What ever the cause of that, I am grateful. What those smallish kids of ours did against those huge Celina offensive linemen was amazing. l'm believing that we will go as far as our defense will carry us. Our offense scores,,, and no one has kept us under 31 points yet, (31 was against Pleasant Grove). We even put 37 on Carthage, (still going in Division I) Average::::: 50.5 ppg If our defense keeps improving, I can see us hanging with WOS. Not sure how that will translate into a win against Sweetwater, "or" WOS,,, but I'm more confident about us winning both, or making it close if either of those teams wins. It won't be easy for either of them.

We need a good week of practice this week. Considering you usually play like you practiced, that's a given. We're peaking at a very good time.

I have no idea where OldBuckeye62 has been, but I'm thinkin' it's time for a new Tinkers Dang hex. He may have blowed himself up workin' on a new one,, but he did give me a copy of the recipe for the one we used against WOS in 2014, that one worked pretty well. I may try tweekin' it a bit for them darn Mustangs this Friday. If they give us too much trouble, we'll send out a search party for the old coot. He'll get off the sauce and brew up a new one for WOS if we give him $20 bucks. We got this!!!! :rolleyes:

• Like 1

If Gilmer doesn't turn the ball over then it should be about the same outcome as Gilmer vs Celina.

Spot on.

Gilmer plays like they have the past month and have no turnovers, Gilmer wins.

Anybody know the quality of teams that Sweetwater has played? Looks like they are capable of passing or running the ball.

I have to take Gilmer by default based on my preseason prediction for State. I think its gonna be a shootout regardless of who wins. I will not be surprised if Sweetwater wins, I knew they had talent coming up when I lived back that way few years ago, ppl laughed on other sites when I told em, I dont think they're laughing anymore. :)

Spot on.

Gilmer plays like they have the past month and have no turnovers, Gilmer wins.

Anybody know the quality of teams that Sweetwater has played? Looks like they are capable of passing or running the ball.

They played some pretty weak teams.Seminole was in their district.Monahans is on their district and their only defeat.Seminole was I believe 9-4 and they beat Monahans.They can throw and run but they are a better running team than passing.Thompson their qb and Coleman the rb are their two big playmakers.They will need more than that to beat Gilmer imo.I think their wr num 8 has good hands.

There are no bad teams left by this time in the playoffs. Traditionally, teams from region 1 don't have the speed of team from Region 2 or 3. However, that thinking could get Gilmer beat this weekend. A lot of people will want to hype next week. But Gilmer has to have singular focus. And a week of precise, good practice. It really looks like GIlmer has started to put it together in this playoff run. That's got to continue this week.

They played some pretty weak teams.Seminole was in their district.Monahans is on their district and their only defeat.Seminole was I believe 9-4 and they beat Monahans.They can throw and run but they are a better running team than passing.Thompson their qb and Coleman the rb are their two big playmakers.They will need more than that to beat Gilmer imo.I think their wr num 8 has good hands.

Watched some highlights on them and agree. The QB and RB are all they got. Only thing that stops Gilmer in this game is Gilmer.

Gilmer offense should score a lot. Even if the Sweetwater QB and RB go off and have great games and break some long runs, it won't be enough because we will simply outscore them.

For the season Poppy is completing 66% of his passes. He has almost 4,700 yards passing with 46 TD`s and 10 INT`s in 14 games.

Watched some highlights on them and agree. The QB and RB are all they got. Only thing that stops Gilmer in this game is Gilmer.

Gilmer offense should score a lot. Even if the Sweetwater QB and RB go off and have great games and break some long runs, it won't be enough because we will simply outscore them.

For the season Poppy is completing 66% of his passes. He has almost 4,700 yards passing with 46 TD`s and 10 INT`s in 14 games.

That's right!Take care of the ball and you get to play for a state title!Yes Poppy is having a great year!So thankful we have him as our qb this year.I think last years team was more talented than this years so just think what Gilmer would have done with a qb like Poppy last year.Go Bux!
  • Like 1