Sweetwater vs Gilmer 4A DII semi finals at McLane Stadium in Waco

jubilant

Sweetwater vs. Gilmer  

65 members have voted

1. 1. Semifinals. Who wins????

I can guarentee that no Gilmer coach or player underestimated Sweetwater.

Highland Park, Katy, Southlake Carroll & Austin Westlake were and are successful because they have the pick of the litter in the metro areas in which they are located. I'm pretty sure if East Texas teams had that same access, they could dominate every year. As it is, teams like Daingerfield, Gilmer & Carthage (just to name a few), have been just as successful without the advantages that the metro teams have.

As far as speed, I would still put up our East Texas kids any day over any other region in Texas.

​Lady, I can guarantee that none of the Gilmer coaches would ever confide anything that they are thinking to YOU as you obviously have no idea what you are talking about. The Metroplex schools I mentioned DO NOT have the mythical advantages you speak of, they just have smart, sophisticated, comprehensive play action and excellent conditioning due to weight rooms and locker rooms that resemble those of the Dallas Cowboys because they have loads of cash at their disposal. They also have built up traditions in football and dedicate themselves to learning the game year round. None of these things are things they were born with, they acquired them all. And you're using code words again to mask what you really wanna say about East Texas kids. Race makes no difference in speed. Don Beebe of the Buffalo Bills was fast as lightning and he was white. Speed is acquired by exercising the leg muscles and the torso. People are not simply born with speed just because they are from East Texas. You sound like a repeating parrott by just widening the myth of so called East Texas speed. Also, I really don't wanna hear from you again because you are a name caller, like I told you before. Toodles.

• Like 1

You don't decide when or if I post. As far as using code words, you are absolutely out of your mind. Everything you say makes no sense whatsoever. You have done nothing but bash people and call them namesi since you started on here. Are you so sensitive that you can't take anyone disagreeing with your post? You made my comment about race. Guess I could have made your comment about gender hate. SMH

You don't decide when or if I post. As far as using code words, you are absolutely out of your mind. Everything you say makes no sense whatsoever. You have done nothing but bash people and call them namesi since you started on here. Are you so sensitive that you can't take anyone disagreeing with your post? You made my comment about race. Guess I could have made your comment about gender hate. SMH

You're lying again lady. I haven't bashed or called anybody names except that man-hater femi-nazi Hillary Clinton Why do you get angry when I talk about her?? Oh also I did say that Diane Feinstein should be called Diane Frankenstein becuz she looks like Frankenstein, and I did call Nancy Pelosi Nancy PeLousy, but none of those 3 "people" are members here. And then you spouted off about me commenting on gender-hate? where in that football post just then did I ever say anything about gender ? So you lied about that too. How many downs of football have you ever played ????? You know absolutely nothing about football; you're merely a fan of it. Why would any Gilmer coach go to you and ask about football when you never even played the game ???? Also, why did you butt in and post on my page when I replied to someone else, not to you ? And why are you still following me when this is the 3rd time I've told you I didn't care to hear from you? It's getting more creepy every day

• Like 1

​Lady, I can guarantee that none of the Gilmer coaches would ever confide anything that they are thinking to YOU as you obviously have no idea what you are talking about. The Metroplex schools I mentioned DO NOT have the mythical advantages you speak of, they just have smart, sophisticated, comprehensive play action and excellent conditioning due to weight rooms and locker rooms that resemble those of the Dallas Cowboys because they have loads of cash at their disposal. They also have built up traditions in football and dedicate themselves to learning the game year round. None of these things are things they were born with, they acquired them all. And you're using code words again to mask what you really wanna say about East Texas kids. Race makes no difference in speed. Hermann Bebe of the Buffalo Bills was fast as lightning and he was white. Speed is acquired by exercising the leg muscles and the torso. People are not simply born with speed just because they are from East Texas. You sound like a repeating parrott by just widening the myth of so called East Texas speed. Also, I really don't wanna hear from you again because you are a name caller, like I told you before. Toodles.

Great game Sweetwater yall came to play and did just that. I hope you win it all. Now to romansoldier I see your mouth moving but all I can hear is blah blah blah get a hobby.

• Like 2

Simply, too much West Texas speed.

That there is funny, I don't care what you say, that is funny....LOL!!

Good to joke around when you have to suffer through a big loss.

How many teams do what Gilmer does year in and year out? A great program, with great athletic kids every year. Do you know how many schools would give their left.....uh, little finger to have success every year?

All I can say is, I was pulling for Gilmer to win it all. I have been following Sweetwater for a few years, they have a long tradition, but I noticed they were beating some very good teams this year. Still, I thought Gilmer would win this one by at least 10. Sweetwater is a good football team and I don't need to tell any East Texas folks that, because they beat this year's biggest East Texas 'Hoss'.

Hold your heads high boys. The sun will still come up tomorrow and I imagine the Good Lord will supply another great Buckeye team in 2017.

Congratulations to the players, great job by the coaching staff and hang in there all you mom and dads, y'all have been blessed with some very talented and dedicated children.

You're lying again lady. I haven't bashed or called anybody names except that man-hater femi-nazi Hillary Clinton Why do you get angry when I talk about her?? Oh also I did say that Diane Feinstein should be called Diane Frankenstein becuz she looks like Frankenstein, and I did call Nancy Pelosi Nancy PeLousy, but none of those 3 "people" are members here. And then you spouted off about me commenting on gender-hate? where in that football post just then did I ever say anything about gender ? So you lied about that too. How many downs of football have you ever played ????? You know absolutely nothing about football; you're merely a fan of it. Why would any Gilmer coach go to you and ask about football when you never even played the game ???? Also, why did you butt in and post on my page when I replied to someone else, not to you ? And why are you still following me when this is the 3rd time I've told you I didn't care to hear from you? It's getting more creepy every day

I would say something about your reading comprehension, or lack thereof, but the Mods might not take kindly to that, so I will refrain. As far as following you around, it's you that have visited my profile page more than once since you recently joined. What's the matter, you couldn't remember what you read the first time?

Another personal attack from you Golfingnut, your usual behavior. There are no rules against checking another members profile here, but there are rules against slandering and harassing people. I noticed on your profile your story about you and a coach tried to start a girls team. Why would you want to? Why didn't you just be a part of the boys golfing team? You are the one who wants to have only girls on teams and no boys. You remind me a lot of Hillary Clinton went to that girls college, where she learned many of her stupid, gender bigoted ideas. Also, you dodged that question that I asked about why do you get offended when I talk about Hillary? That's what I thought. If you can't answer me without personal attacks and violating the forum rules all over the place, just be quiet and don't bother me.

I would say something about your reading comprehension, or lack thereof, but the Mods might not take kindly to that, so I will refrain. As far as following you around, it's you that have visited my profile page more than once since you recently joined. What's the matter, you couldn't remember what you read the first time? Another

• Like 1

Anyway, all football season long especially the Gilmer homers talk about this mythical trait called "East Texas Speed". The results of the Sweetwater game just tickles the ever lovin hell outta me.

If it wasn't West Texas speed that beat Gilmer, what was it?

It's not mythical it's VERY real. Truth of the matter Sweetwater has speed too. Always has. Few years back they would travel all the way to the piney woods of East Texas to run in over VERY fast track meets (Gordon Pynes Relays). They had some burners back then.

Anyway, all football season long especially the Gilmer homers talk about this mythical trait called "East Texas Speed". The results of the Sweetwater game just tickles the ever lovin hell outta me.

If it wasn't West Texas speed that beat Gilmer, what was it?

​Don Beebe of the Buffalo Bills, one of the fastest players in NFL history ran a 4.21 in the 40. White boy, Not from East Texas!!! He started a school to teach athletes how to become fast through conditioning and various exercises. No one is born with speed. Stop spreading the East Texas speed myth. The only speed in East Texas these days is methamphetamines, primarily because of the inaction of the majority of upstanding citizens.

not related at all just two old geezers from Gilmer.

By the way the other old buckeye is older than me. Now with that being said i am not stupid enough to say for sure that we will win it all next year but we have a undefeated JV coming up and wouldn't be suprised at all to see us even better than this year who knows we are talking about young students. I just hope yall make it back and we can try this dance again. Leave the Gladewater lady alone she is a nice lady even if she is from Gladewater. I am rooting for you to beat WOS because I haven't liked them since last year when I saw the cocky QB doing the money sign boy that bit him in the behind. They thought they had it. Enjoy your win the boys deserved it hope to see you same place same time next year.

Wow,, there is a serious case of the pot calling the kettle black on here these days. It's a shame that some people have to put other people down in order to make themselves feel better about themselves. But when you do so sitting behind a keyboard wearin' your PJ's,,, that makes you a big guy with an IQ to match I suppose.

As for the game, I am sincerely proud of the Buckeyes. Making it to the semi's 4 out of the past 5 seasons, says so much about the toughness, both mentally and physically of our program. I am not trying to be critical of anyone, but there was a glaring question mark about why we didn't adjust on defense in the first half, and change to more of a man to man coverage since #7 and #15 were given 10 yards every play. Not getting out of that softer defense earlier cost us the game. SW's wide receivers just played pitch and catch with the soft tossing QB for two quarters. Granted, when the QB threw it, it was about as accurate as it comes, and their WR's dropped maybe two passes all night. SW was a well oiled machine, and had a game plan that was spot on. Their coaching staff had the perfect plan to put a big number on the board. After we pulled up the coverage, they scored 2 TD's the second half.

This game reminded me of the Carthage game this year. SW was strikingly similar to Carthage, and the game results were as well. One thing the Bucks can say, (which doesn't remove the sting completely just yet) is that having our only two losses this year come at the hands of two teams, one Div 1, the other Div 2, who are both playing for the state championship this week, does lessen the blow a bit.

I certainly don't know what they feed those kids in SW,,, but we need to find out. Without a doubt, the biggest, strongest team we played all season. It goes without saying that we just didn't match up very well with them. They were the better team friday night, and my hats are off to them. Congrats, Mustangs you played one heck of a good game. By the way, my M&M's let me down, they must have been an old package, but they will "not" be back next year. LOL

And to the Buckeyes, This was another year that I think you guys went further than many people thought you would. The thing that made you guys stand out to me, was how you never, ever quit in a game. Now you didn't have to come from behind often, but when you did, you showed your talent, your heart and determination, and belief in yourself, and staff. Your mental toughness, and determined play helped our coaches, squeeze every ounce of ability they could possibly get from you. Thanks for another great season, and I can't wait to see how things transpire next year. I am just so totally thankful, for the kind of team we have from the coaches, right down to the kids who get to play a handful of snaps in each game. Thankful for our band, drill team, cheer leaders, just the whole package, and the Army of Buckeyes.

As for next season, I'm expecting us to be an even better team than this year. We have some really good talent coming up from the JV, and possibly 9th grade teams. Plus another year of experience under Poppy's belt, and I feel very optimistic. Congrats again on another good season. Your Army will be with you guys doin' our thing. By the way, my M&M's let me down last week. May have been an old package, anyway, they won't be back next year. LOL

• Like 1

By the way the other old buckeye is older than me. Now with that being said i am not stupid enough to say for sure that we will win it all next year but we have a undefeated JV coming up and wouldn't be suprised at all to see us even better than this year who knows we are talking about young students. I just hope yall make it back and we can try this dance again. Leave the Gladewater lady alone she is a nice lady even if she is from Gladewater. I am rooting for you to beat WOS because I haven't liked them since last year when I saw the cocky QB doing the money sign boy that bit him in the behind. They thought they had it. Enjoy your win the boys deserved it hope to see you same place same time next year.

Old buck, Not sure why the money sign bothers you. I went to 2-3 Gilmer games this year and saw Gilmers entire team (even some fans) doing the money sign on EVERY 3rd down.

Hey, I'll let oldbuckeye#62 answer that for himself eagle34, but would bet he was talking about the context of the WOS kids money sign. When the Buckeyes do it, it's just to keep everyone on the team aware of the fact it's 3rd down coming up..... an important down to say the least, thus "money down". Gotta convert on 3rd down. Encouragement to play hard. I'm thinking OB#62 refers to their QB doing the money sign, like after he scored touchdowns, looking into the camera like "He's" money, as if it was about him.

Nobody knows what his motive was/is. But he's one heck of a quality QB. Jackson has impressed me ever since we played them when he was a Sophomore. They will be tough to beat with him being their field general.

By the way,, others have made mention about OB#62 and me being the same guy. I can assure you we are not. I have a big imagination, and it's big enough that if I tried to do two different names, I would not pick two that were so similar. Heck, I don't have time to post on my own Smoaky account, much less another one.

​The Gladewater lady attacked me first and has been persistent at it since. Why don't you talk to her?