Hell Has Frozen Over

Stoney

Bud Selig has been elected to the Hall of Fame. Encouraged the Steroid Era to get fans back after the 1994 Strike. A tainted single season home run record. A tainted career home run record. The joke that was the 2002 MLB All Star game. But Pete Rose and Shoeless Joe Jackson can't get in.

https://www.google.com/amp/www.cbssports.com/mlb/news/bud-selig-john-schuerholz-voted-into-hall-of-fame-by-todays-game-era-committee/amp/?client=safari

• Like 1

Make it a 3 way vote. Every living Hall of Famer votes. That's a third. Current players vote. That's a third. BBWA vote. That's the final third. If the greatest of the greats and your peers and the younger guys don't consider you a HOFer that should go into account more than the BBWA.

Bud Selig was the worst commissioner ever. His worst decision in my opinion was moving his team to the National League and the Astros to the American League.

Yet another reason Skeletor doesn't belong in the Hall.

Honestly they may be more competitive in the AL.

Seriously....you need to look past the last 5 or so years. You hit me as someone who hasn't followed baseball very long. Houston was a consistent winner from 1998-2008 despite being matched up in a division with the St Louis Cardinals machine.

And I will never fully get over being moved to the AL. The "natural rivalry" story doesn't make any sense to me whatsoever. Why are the Yankees-Mets, Cubs-White Sox, Dodgers-Angels, etc etc etc not in the same division by that logic ?? What could have been better than the possibility of a Texas-Houston World Series? Given the possibility of the next 2-3 years with these teams it would have been a possibility

If it was me, Houston would be back in the NL Central where they belong. Milwaukee moves back to the AL Central. Who moves to the AL West then? Kansas City. They are the least Great Lakes located team in the Central. What about the rivalry? Astros and Rangers isn't and never will be a rivalry. Baseball fans in Texas grew up on truths- Nolan Ryan was the greatest pitcher ever and you could be a fan of both Texas teams. You can't force hate when you spent summers dreaming up how the Killer B's would fit with Pudge and JuanGone.

Seriously....you need to look past the last 5 or so years. You hit me as someone who hasn't followed baseball very long. Houston was a consistent winner from 1998-2008 despite being matched up in a division with the St Louis Cardinals machine.

And I will never fully get over being moved to the AL. The "natural rivalry" story doesn't make any sense to me whatsoever. Why are the Yankees-Mets, Cubs-White Sox, Dodgers-Angels, etc etc etc not in the same division by that logic ?? What could have been better than the possibility of a Texas-Houston World Series? Given the possibility of the next 2-3 years with these teams it would have been a possibility

That's exactly why I don't mind Inter-league play, because it's not just the World Series anymore. It's one of the things I like about the NFL. The one thing I don't like about the Astros being in the West is the late games. Even with a home game, sometimes the games are scheduled at 8 o'clock. That's one of the reasons I love day games.