3A-D1 State Final Mineola(13-2) vs Yoakum(11-4)

gamewatcher63

State Final  

57 members have voted

1. 1. Who's State Champ

Watched the Yoakum/Malakoff game last night while listening to the Jacket game. Yoakum is very big and physical and boasts twin brothers that are big time recruits in the class of '18. Their defense was able to slow the tigers potent offense down last night with multiple turnovers in the second half. They have a big rb that just wore down Malakoff as the game went on and i believe they will look to do that against Mineola as well. If the jackets can slow down that run game, then i believe they have a real good shot. The two brothers were not utilized all that much last night but i would guess they will try to get them more involved next week. They are also great players on defense too in the secondary. Should be a great game

Yoakum will be able to bring it. Defeating two undefeated teams in the Quarters and State Semis is a huge accomplishment. They have beaten previously unbeaten Halletsville and Malakoff in the last two weeks. However, how many teams have won the State Semifinals by a score of 50-8?

Mineola has beaten some really good football teams in the playoffs and even though they did beat Wall 50-8, remember that Wall beat Brock and Brock was predicted to win it all.

This State Championship could be one of the best to go watch in my opinion.

Watched the Yoakum/Malakoff game last night while listening to the Jacket game. Yoakum is very big and physical and boasts twin brothers that are big time recruits in the class of '18. Their defense was able to slow the tigers potent offense down last night with multiple turnovers in the second half. They have a big rb that just wore down Malakoff as the game went on and i believe they will look to do that against Mineola as well. If the jackets can slow down that run game, then i believe they have a real good shot. The two brothers were not utilized all that much last night but i would guess they will try to get them more involved next week. They are also great players on defense too in the secondary. Should be a great game

Mineola's defense has been almost perfect the last three weeks. Also the Jacket's offense is cranking out yardage and points against some of the state's best. Your opinion, will both sides of Mineola's team continue as well as they have been doing. This sounds like a game that will have to go either big scoring or low scoring. A very interesting game, as it should be when playing for the State Championship. Yoakum has knocked off the very best, but Mineola just hammered the team that beat the preseason favorite to win it all. Since you obviously have seen them both, you are the go to expert on this thread.....

Mineola's defense has been almost perfect the last three weeks. Also the Jacket's offense is cranking out yardage and points against some of the state's best. Your opinion, will both sides of Mineola's team continue as well as they have been doing. This sounds like a game that will have to go either big scoring or low scoring. A very interesting game, as it should be when playing for the State Championship. Yoakum has knocked off the very best, but Mineola just hammered the team that beat the preseason favorite to win it all. Since you obviously have seen them both, you are the go to expert on this thread.....

If the jackets play the way they have been playing on both sides of the ball the last couple of weeks, then in my opinion they will win the game. One thing to keep note of: the stud twin brothers play cornerback and last night they were able to wreak havoc on Malakoffs passing attack with excellent coverage on the tigers outstanding receivers. Mineola is primarily a run team so the question is, can the jackets offense neutralize those two guys ability on defense with a run heavy attack? Going into last years game against Brock, i thought there was no way they could slow down Crawford and Perkins because well virtually noone had well they proved me wrong. Right now those two guys are running at a very high level so unless Yoakum is able to replicate what Brock did last year then i see the jackets having success running the ball. Two great teams though, will be a great matchup

No disrespect to Yoakum intended but going with Mineola. Hats off to them for beating my Tigers by the way.... they did what was needed to win and caught us when we just didn't play our best. I think it will be closer than most think. Mineola 34 Yoakum 28