3A-D1 State Final Mineola(13-2) vs Yoakum(11-4)

gamewatcher63

State Final  

57 members have voted

1. 1. Who's State Champ

Glad ya'll stunk it up with all that talent and speed. Yeah, we got lucky. Good luck at this coming weekend's basketball tourney.

yeah I'm not sure why people put the statement "we just didn't play very good" in there. You didn't play very good because the other team did things to not make you play very good. It kind of discredits yoakums win. Just say good game and move on.
  • Like 2

My grandson is a huge Mineola football fan. Twice Mineola won in Royse City this year and twice they let my grandson deliver the trophy to Coach Drennon on the field after the game. Talking about making a dream come true for an 11 year old boy. Something he will remember for a long time to come. Coach Drennon is a class act and a great coach.

My grandson is a huge Mineola football fan. Twice Mineola won in Royse City this year and twice they let my grandson deliver the trophy to Coach Drennon on the field after the game. Talking about making a dream come true for an 11 year old boy. Something he will remember for a long time to come. Coach Drennon is a class act and a great coach.

Coach Drennon and staff have done a great job. The Jackets have one more test coming Thursday, the Bulldogs will be hungry. Can't wait, I will be at the Stadium to watch some of the early games. LET'S GO JACKETS!!!!!

Mineola is going to be to much for Yoakum. Malakoff's offense was out of sync from themselves and it felt/look like they weren't comfortable as usual and turnovers kill them. The fumble in the 3rd qtr was the game changer (imo). You can't win a game with 3-4 turnovers. #47 for Yoakum is a beast. He is the key to the whole offense, the Moore brothers wasn't a factor in the game (imo). Stop him and the trap and it will be a long game for Yoakum.

Mineola is going to be to much for Yoakum. Malakoff's offense was out of sync from themselves and it felt/look like they weren't comfortable as usual and turnovers kill them. The fumble in the 3rd qtr was the game changer (imo). You can't win a game with 3-4 turnovers. #47 for Yoakum is a beast. He is the key to the whole offense, the Moore brothers wasn't a factor in the game (imo). Stop him and the trap and it will be a long game for Yoakum.

They were out of synch due to 2 shut down corners and safety on the Bulldogs defense. Im not from Yoakum but all week was hearing how them receivers where gonna be too much for Yoakum and looks like the Bulldogs shut down that passing game of Malakoffs. Now Mineola is gonna be too much for Yoakum. We shall see.

They were out of synch due to 2 shut down corners and safety on the Bulldogs defense. Im not from Yoakum but all week was hearing how them receivers where gonna be too much for Yoakum and looks like the Bulldogs shut down that passing game of Malakoffs. Now Mineola is gonna be too much for Yoakum. We shall see.

Funny that you say they are shut down corners when they get scored on.

Yeah get tired of hearing we beat ourselves or we had bad play calling. When in fact the other team beat you and made your play calling look bad. I told yall all week that the Moore Bros where the real deal and that Mr Bo Robinson would out coach them.

No one was out coached

Coaches put players in position to make plays

Two plays go our way it's 31-14 in 3rd

Coaches can't catch throw and don't fumble

Yoakum is well coached as were the Tigers the plays on the field decided it

not saying yalls coach can't coach just not on Bo's level (over a 100 wins)

Ethan Owen's leadership and experience has been so vital on this extremely young Bulldog team. His love of the Lord is so inspiring. Great example what the true life priorities are above football.

Ethan's blog: https://ethanowens40.wordpress.com/2016/12/10/finishing-strong/

Sounds like this young man has his priorities right and played a dang good game last Friday night.