Is that Crickets I hear in East texas

chukslegacy

The only context needed is you pointing out 'WOS had to move down in class before they became a serious contender.' It doesn't matter in the least at what classification a team becomes a contender. They are doing it at the level they currently are assigned, so nothing should be dimenished (which is how your post comes across) about when and/or at what classification they did it. Right?

WOS has been a legitimate contender in every classification that they have ever been assigned.

Well the only one I have been talking about ALL season long! I don't switch teams when mine gets beat out! We will find out that Carthage will be following suit just like gilmer after tonight. Like I said at the start of the season, who can give WOS competition? It aint the buckeyes!!

What was that about Carthage?

Just won 5th State Championship since 2008.

WOS is no Carthage year in and year out

had to look deep to find that one snowbird! my hats off to carthage and Surratt- true champions!!

You gave it to us East Texas guys all year long so I had to go back and find that one. Lol

With that said, WOS had as dominating of a year as a team can have. Congrats! Very impressive.

• Like 1

You gave it to us East Texas guys all year long so I had to go back and find that one. Lol

With that said, WOS had as dominating of a year as a team can have. Congrats! Very impressive.

I would like to go back to 2014 and see what was said to the East Texas posters, when Gilmer beat WOS by 10. I sat on the Gilmer side supporting the East Texas team in 2014. I sat on WOS side in 2015 and this year, I had them picked to win. The WOS fans are very supportive of their team, the chants are pretty good that I heard.

• 2 weeks later...

Crickets in Nederland. HC vacancy now.

You think they'll go outside the area to pick? He better be good, or he won't last long. Neumann set a pretty high bar, and with PAM in the Dist, and the QB at PNG two more years, that long DC run ain't gonna happen.

• Like 1

You think they'll go outside the area to pick? He better be good, or he won't last long. Neumann set a pretty high bar, and with PAM in the Dist, and the QB at PNG two more years, that long DC run ain't gonna happen.

If they were smart they would gauge Kevin Barbay's interest.

• Like 1

West Orange-Stark Mustangs History https://drive.google.com/open?id=0B2vg6rvTimfoandZaDZjeFgzaGM

5A 29 Wins 15 Losses 1980-1985 (1985 Region-QuarterFinals)

4A 210 Wins 52 Losses 1986-2003 (1986 & 1987 State Champions; 1988 State Championship Loss to Paris; 2000 State Championship Loss to Ennis)

4AII 50 Wins 12 Losses 2013-2016 (2014 State Championship Loss to Gilmer; 2015 & 2016 State Champions)

3A 95 Wins 13 Losses 2004-2013 (2012 Loss to Navasota)

School Totals

1977 - 2016

384 Wins 92 Losses 3 Ties 8 State Tital Game Appearances w/ 4 Titles ( +.800 Winning Percentage )

Far be it for me to encourage anymore WOS pride.

You don't have to be impressed. WOS has earned their respect. Been doing it for 40 years.

• Like 1