4A Division 1 State Championship Game: Carthage vs Abilene Wylie @ AT&T

CarthDawg77

State Final  

94 members have voted

1. 1. Who wins????

I see plenty of mistakes Abilene Wylie is making, mistakes that we can turn into scoreboard points if we concentrate and play the way football is supposed to be played. We certainly cannot be fumbling 5 times a game and throwing INTs and playing catch up ball. I have to say that the player who fumbled showed excellent character and fortitude when he redeemed his mistakes by scoring in the last moments. I have so much respect for him and his coaches said exactly the right thing to him when they told him to keep his head up.

I see plenty of mistakes Abilene Wylie is making, mistakes that we can turn into scoreboard points if we concentrate and play the way football is supposed to be played. We certainly cannot be fumbling 5 times a game and throwing INTs and playing catch up ball. I have to say that the player who fumbled showed excellent character and fortitude when he redeemed his mistakes by scoring in the last moments. I have so much respect for him and his coaches said exactly the right thing to him when they told him to keep his head up.

Wylie QB smaller than CS QB, but very quick & mobile... Throws well also; Defense similar to CS as well. Surratt said he feels good about our chances if we control the ball well & limit turnovers.... You know... Basic stuff you'd hear at each Chalk Talk meeting... I left there feeling pretty good about our chances.

Surratt is right not to show his cards just for the sake of a media show. The less our opponents know about us , the better.

Surratt is right not to show his cards just for the sake of a media show. The less our opponents know about us , the better.

He's no fool.

​Has everyone recovered from their heart attacks after that close win Saturday ? I am back to 100% What about all you other Dawgs?? We really, really gotta stop doing this, but ain't it fun though?? heheheh

We have had close games in all but 1 playoff game this year, it keeps things interesting to say the least. I expect another close one Friday, just hoping for the Dawgs to come out on top in one more game. Go Dawgs!!
  • Like 1

We have had close games in all but 1 playoff game this year, it keeps things interesting to say the least. I expect another close one Friday, just hoping for the Dawgs to come out on top in one more game. Go Dawgs!!

​I like you CDAWG68, I really do, but if you don't answer my question, I'm gonna have to form tackle you. I asked about the heart attacks? What about the heart attacks? hehehehe GOOOOOOOOO DAWGS!!!!!

​I like you CDAWG68, I really do, but if you don't answer my question, I'm gonna have to form tackle you. I asked about the heart attacks? What about the heart attacks? hehehehe GOOOOOOOOO DAWGS!!!!!

You will never get an answer with a form tackle comment, bring it. 😎 Go Dawgs!!!

I was kidding. You know I would never hurt a fellow pup haha woooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooofffffffffffffffffffffffffff!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I was a Bullpup in Jr High many years ago, come on man! Lol I am giving you a hard time, carry on with your barking. Who let them Dawgs out? We shall see which Bulldog has the bigger bark and bite on Friday. Go Dawgs!!! Ready for the Dawg Pound!!!

FWIW, Kennedale was defeated by Abilene Wylie by 5 points less than it was defeated by Whitehouse.

Abilene Wylie 21, Kennedale 13

Whitehouse 34, Kennedale 21

Of course, those games were played 2-1/2 months apart.

2 points less. Wylie 21-13 and Whitehouse was 31-21. Kennedale I'm sure has gotten better since that game. But still if Carthage doesn't turn it over I'm picking them. Wylie won't turn it over probably.

We'll see Roman! Saw both teams this weekend and they were more equal than I thought they'd be! AW will take a sack or throw it out of bounds than throw it in traffic. RBs probably won't fumble either, they really are the most disciplined team in the state. That said I'm still picking Carthage in a close one!