4A Division 1 State Championship Game: Carthage vs Abilene Wylie @ AT&T

CarthDawg77

State Final  

94 members have voted

1. 1. Who wins????

Them old hearts in the stands couldn't take it, med staff would be up in the audience all evening Givin cpr.. Hahahaha..

​Exactly leadbrute, most of us Dawgs are still recovering from our heart attacks from the previous games. The buses will be picking us up from the Panola County Memorial Hospital Trauma Center Thursday.

If our defense plays with the same intensity as the last 2 games and we can minimize or eliminate turnovers, Carthage should be just fine. Our defense has played on a whole different level the last couple of games, it's unreal the difference that we have witnessed. Our offense will need to establish a balanced attack,our offensive line will be tested just as much as the Stafford and China Spring games. Our receivers have to step up their game, too many dropped balls that should have been caught last week. One game at a time! Go Dawgs!!!!

If our defense plays with the same intensity as the last 2 games and we can minimize or eliminate turnovers, Carthage should be just fine. Our defense has played on a whole different level the last couple of games, it's unreal the difference that we have witnessed. Our offense will need to establish a balanced attack,our offensive line will be tested just as much as the Stafford and China Spring games. Our receivers have to step up their game, too many dropped balls that should have been caught last week. One game at a time! Go Dawgs!!!!

Good and precise assessment CDAWG68, our receivers must redeem themselves in the upcoming game. they need to work on their catching in practice this week.

Wylie 28

Carthage 22

Wylie most probably played their best game of the season against Argyle. They got their last score off a 30+ run to the one with less than a minute left. Argyle stacked the LOS and Pepper got thru a seam. Argyle gambled. On the next play they scored from the one on qb sneak. Argyle's D line was outweighed severely all night. Game was much tighter than the final score.

Kennedale had a much bigger D line than Argyle this season. In fact, Kennedale had a really great team in the playoffs......they beat a very good Van team decidedly. Wylie did not play a good game against Kennedale......don't expect the same kind of result this week. In fact, Wylie had a few "bad outings" offensively this season, but won with the defense. Then the very next game their offense would come alive. I think Carthage has the better offense and Wylie has the better defense. This game should be very interesting to watch. I'd say the team that commits the most mistakes will lose. And that will be Carthage.

• Like 1

Wylie 28

Carthage 22

Wylie most probably played their best game of the season against Argyle. They got their last score off a 30+ run to the one with less than a minute left. Argyle stacked the LOS and Pepper got thru a seam. Argyle gambled. On the next play they scored from the one on qb sneak. Argyle's D line was outweighed severely all night. Game was much tighter than the final score.

Kennedale had a much bigger D line than Argyle this season. In fact, Kennedale had a really great team in the playoffs......they beat a very good Van team decidedly. Wylie did not play a good game against Kennedale......don't expect the same kind of result this week. In fact, Wylie had a few "bad outings" offensively this season, but won with the defense. Then the very next game their offense would come alive. I think Carthage has the better offense and Wylie has the better defense. This game should be very interesting to watch. I'd say the team that commits the most mistakes will lose. And that will be Carthage.

Nope. Wylie has its weaknesses. we will exploit them

Wylie 28

Carthage 22

Tell ScotlandTheBrave I said Hello & I hope you & he come watch this game! If so, PM me & we can put faces with names!
  • Like 1

Tell ScotlandTheBrave I said Hello & I hope you & he come watch this game! If so, PM me & we can put faces with na

Wish I could make it this year to watch all the games like I have in the past, but business will get in my way this year. Haven't heard from Scottie this year.....I hope he's doing OK. Maybe he'll come out of the mothballs for the SC games.

I'll be taking off Friday to watch the games on TV.......I live in San Antonio now. That's a fer piece ofa drive from a Thursday working til dark.

Wish I could make it this year to watch all the games like I have in the past, but business will get in my way this year. Haven't heard from Scottie this year.....I hope he's doing OK. Maybe he'll come out of the mothballs for the SC games.

I'll be taking off Friday to watch the games on TV.......I live in San Antonio now. That's a fer piece ofa drive from a Thursday working til dark.

Maybe another time, another place then!😋