4A-DII state final WOS VS SWEETWATER

wos96

State Final  

54 members have voted

1. 1. Who wins???

• West Orange-Stark
    • Sweetwater

Best DEFENSE IN OUR SCHOOL HISTORY

I have been a fan of WOS since the state championship last year. WOS defense were like a tornado consuming Sweetwater's offense. On the other hand the offense looked anemic. Jack Dallas could never hookup with his receivers. WR screen passes were thrown at their feet. Deep routes were overthrown. The fumble on the opening drive was mishandled between the center and QB which resulted in Jack placing ball on the hip of #9 and a 99 yard fumble return was the result. When Jack threw the interception in the end zone, which he was trying to throw it away. I felt bad for him. I bet he has never had a game like that. Then Jack was named MVP for offense? It should have been awarded to RB #27.

Jack is the valedictorian for his class is a huge honor and I wish him well at the next level in academics and playing either football or baseball.

Their 6 points was on a 99 yard fumble return. They were completely shut down. Unlike your team, who could have very easily lost. Your defense was responsible for a couple of turnovers, but some were just gifts. No reason to hate on WOS. They are as good as advertised, even with the terrible performance by their QB.

Their 6 points was on a 99 yard fumble return. They were completely shut down. Unlike your team, who could have very easily lost. Your defense was responsible for a couple of turnovers, but some were just gifts. No reason to hate on WOS. They are as good as advertised, even with the terrible performance by their QB.

Could be that horrible performance by the QB might have a little to do with a very good SW defense. I don't think anyone is hating on WOS. Just telling it like it is that the game wasn't decided until the 4th. As far as WOS being as good as advertised, that would be impossible. The advertisement for WOS on here all year was that they were the greatest team in the history of football. They weren't.

• Like 1

Could be that horrible performance by the QB might have a little to do with a very good SW defense. I don't think anyone is hating on WOS. Just telling it like it is that the game wasn't decided until the 4th. As far as WOS being as good as advertised, that would be impossible. The advertisement for WOS on here all year was that they were the greatest team in the history of football. They weren't.

Funny

As Doomer likes to say, "True story".

Be that as it may, Congratulations WOS! Not as purdy a win as many were expecting, but even if it was only by 1 point, a State Championship is a mighty fine accomplishment.

• Like 1

Preach the truth. +1

• Like 1

No hatin coming from me just offering a non biased opinion.

WOS defense was great.Imo it was the second best defense I've seen in several years.Navasota 2012 defense would be 1st to me

I agree.Navasota's 2012 team then could go deep in the playoffs if they were playing a class up.I would like to see Wos and carthage tangle for all the

marbles.It would be very interesting the way carthage plays second half play.

Nut, Did you watch the game? The WOS Defense was every good as advertised. They shutout the Sweetwater offense. When is the last time you saw a defense that good?

Nut, Did you watch the game? The WOS Defense was every good as advertised. They shutout the Sweetwater offense. When is the last time you saw a defense that good?

Yes, I did watch the game and yes, I have seen better defenses. In my lifetime I've seen a lot of shutouts and not all of them were done by great teams, so that isn't a prerequisite for having a great defense. I never said they weren't good. I said they didn't live up to the hype that we have heard on here all year.

Any team that makes it to the state championship game is a really good team, A lot of good teams have never made it. I should know, I follow one of those teams, so when you make it and win it, you are a really good team. I am not taking that away from them, but after hearing about them all year and seeing the points they put up, even though I question the strength of their schedule, I was expecting more than what I saw. Congrats to them. I know it must be an awesome experience and a great accomplishment. Now they can strive for a 3 peat.

• Like 1

Yes, I did watch the game and yes, I have seen better defenses. In my lifetime I've seen a lot of shutouts and not all of them were done by great teams, so that isn't a prerequisite for having a great defense. I never said they weren't good. I said they didn't live up to the hype that we have heard on here all year.

Any team that makes it to the state championship game is a really good team, A lot of good teams have never made it. I should know, I follow one of those teams, so when you make it and win it, you are a really good team. I am not taking that away from them, but after hearing about them all year and seeing the points they put up, even though I question the strength of their schedule, I was expecting more than what I saw. Congrats to them. I know it must be an awesome experience and a great accomplishment. Now they can strive for a 3 peat.

haha. Well, guess what? WOS won! Yes, the offense was demoralized from the fumble recovery and TD. but they came back in the 2nd half and the defense never let up. The goal was to win, and they did. You just a hater. haha.