4A-DII state final WOS VS SWEETWATER

wos96

State Final  

54 members have voted

1. 1. Who wins???

• West Orange-Stark
    • Sweetwater

If a team beats me, I don't want them winning. If I can't enjoy it, I don't want the team to beat me to be able to enjoy it. I think that's why they're mad.

But it really didn't matter who won between SW and Gilmer. WOS would've beaten either one.

SW beat Gilmer by double digits and is losing to WOS by 3 touchdowns. This title was WOS title from the get-go.

It's more about some of the WO-S fan's arrogance since the start of the season. No class, especially when while posting on this thread one goes over to an old thread just to try and put Gilmer in their place. That's no class!

• Like 1

This guy on FOX SW talking about WOS greatest defense in Texas HS history. He might have been greening diapers in '83 :)

:lol: ....Not even close to that '83 defense. They were definitely impressive, though. I was kind of expecting more, but you can't argue about the chain gang being VERY good. They did pitch a shutout against a very good Sweetwater offense. Sweetwater's defense was pretty dang good, too.

All that really matters, though, is that West Orange-Stark won their second straight 4A-D2 state championship.

• Like 2

Gotta give it to SW, they came to play and have a lot of heart. I would like to know how many points the WOS defense has scored this year. I would bet is it more than they gave up. Congrats on the WOS defense not being scored upon throughout the state championship game!!! Those boys hit hard and appear to be the most athletic defense in all of 4A. I would pay to see them play the Division I 4A champ.

• Like 1

Did Gilmer have a bunch of turnovers in the game against Sweetwater because I am here in person and I just don't see how they made it this far. IMO

Yes, I think Poppy had 4 interceptions, with one them being a pick-6. Sweetwater was a much better team defensively than Gilmer, though, and deserved to be there. Why would you say you don't see how they made it there? West Orange-Stark was just very good, especially on defense. Give credit where credit is due.

I take it you didn't see that '83 Daingerfield team. I disagree, but we'll never know for sure.

I saw both. To me, '83 Daingerfield will always be the penultimate HS defense. Maybe it's the nostalgia of being a kid, but that team was incredible. But this WOS defense is the best I've seen in the 33 years since. And I also believe it would be next to impossible for any team to only yield 8 points in a season with the prolific offenses in this state today. But that is one game I would love to see.

And I will say that I firmly believe that WOS is the best "football team" in the state this year. Does that mean they would beat every team in the state? Of course not. But I equate it to Mayweather in boxing. He would not likely beat the top heavyweights in a bout. But he's the best boxer in the world nonetheless. That's how I feel about this WOS football team.

• Like 1

And with all of the great teams, Jack Dallas will forever be a legend in Orange, Texas. Three straight trips to the title game, back to back championships, 27 or 28 wins in a row (can't remember), and pitched a shutout at state in the semis in baseball as a sophomore. Top that off with him being the favorite to be Valedictorian. I told an East Texas buddy this earlier today and he thought I was lying...

Congratulations to WOS. Like most of y'all, I hadn't seen them play. To hold a team that scored as much this year as Sweetwater to 0 offensive points tells you how good the WOS D is. Jmo but had WOS not fumbled at the one yard line, the game would have been more lopsided. Mute point, but that defense is something else.

And kudos to Sweetwater. They played a tougher game than most expected. Most other years, they win the SC with that team. I for one, throughly enjoyed watching it.

• Like 1

We had a coach not too long ago that played on that '83 Daingerfield team. He proved it, because we saw his picture in the team photo. But I bet I have also met at least 75-80 players that said they played on that team. That was a good size football team back in the day.

Huh? What quote?

Wow MBG, I've heard you called a lot of things (most not suitable for this forum), but never a celebrity lol. Find out why your famous and let us know.

Huh? What quote?

Wow MBG, I've heard you called a lot of things (most not suitable for this forum), but never a celebrity lol. Find out why your famous and let us know.

• Like 1