4A-DII state final WOS VS SWEETWATER

wos96

State Final  

54 members have voted

1. 1. Who wins???

• West Orange-Stark
    • Sweetwater

Well pretty interesting to see certain people on here with the severe case of butthurt!! wont mention any names. what I find funny is people say WOS didn't live up to the hype of their defense as advertised early in the season! 16 and 0 and only allowed like 60 something points all year! LOL you people are something else. And yes I saw no-one competing with WOS in 4A DII. Sure the game was fairly close at halftime but if you know WOS style of football you should have known the 2nd half would be ALL WOS as it showed. Now who's ready for their CROW ( golfingnut, lion 70, doomer, blackflag and the list goes on, just hope theirs enough crow to go around!

Yes, I did watch the game and yes, I have seen better defenses. In my lifetime I've seen a lot of shutouts and not all of them were done by great teams, so that isn't a prerequisite for having a great defense. I never said they weren't good. I said they didn't live up to the hype that we have heard on here all year.

Any team that makes it to the state championship game is a really good team, A lot of good teams have never made it. I should know, I follow one of those teams, so when you make it and win it, you are a really good team. I am not taking that away from them, but after hearing about them all year and seeing the points they put up, even though I question the strength of their schedule, I was expecting more than what I saw. Congrats to them. I know it must be an awesome experience and a great accomplishment. Now they can strive for a 3 peat.

They shut out a offense that averaged 40 point on the year, also in the playoffs and put up 48 on the almighty Gilmer. Once again your post make me ill.

haha. Well, guess what? WOS won! Yes, the offense was demoralized from the fumble recovery and TD. but they came back in the 2nd half and the defense never let up. The goal was to win, and they did. You just a hater. haha.

Well, if giving credit where credit is due is hating, ok, but I don't agree. If what ya'll want is for everyone to say WO-S is the greatest football team of all time, that isn't going to happen because it isn't true. Not hate, just facts!

Well pretty interesting to see certain people on here with the severe case of butthurt!! wont mention any names. what I find funny is people say WOS didn't live up to the hype of their defense as advertised early in the season! 16 and 0 and only allowed like 60 something points all year! LOL you people are something else. And yes I saw no-one competing with WOS in 4A DII. Sure the game was fairly close at halftime but if you know WOS style of football you should have known the 2nd half would be ALL WOS as it showed. Now who's ready for their CROW ( golfingnut, lion 70, doomer, blackflag and the list goes on, just hope theirs enough crow to go around!

I thought you said you left until next year. Can't trust those setx posters.

I have been a fan of WOS since the state championship last year. WOS defense were like a tornado consuming Sweetwater's offense. On the other hand the offense looked anemic. Jack Dallas could never hookup with his receivers. WR screen passes were thrown at their feet. Deep routes were overthrown. The fumble on the opening drive was mishandled between the center and QB which resulted in Jack placing ball on the hip of #9 and a 99 yard fumble return was the result. When Jack threw the interception in the end zone, which he was trying to throw it away. I felt bad for him. I bet he has never had a game like that. Then Jack was named MVP for offense? It should have been awarded to RB #27.

Jack is the valedictorian for his class is a huge honor and I wish him well at the next level in academics and playing either football or baseball.

In the interview after the game Dallas said it was probably the worse game he'd ever played. It happens. Even Tom Brady is off sometimes. But contrary to other opinions, the WOS D is one of the best ever fielded. Sure, others have had less points, but in today's wide open, high powered offenses, to only allow about 60 points scored in 16 games is pretty remarkable.

And the fact that they didn't allow the Sweetwater Offense to score, despite them having a high scoring offense, validates how good those young men are.

• Like 1

The only kind of second half WOS style of football I have seen in person had them getting outscored 28 - 0 and losing a state championship.

In the interview after the game Dallas said it was probably the worse game he'd ever played. It happens. Even Tom Brady is off sometimes. But contrary to other opinions, the WOS D is one of the best ever fielded. Sure, others have had less points, but in today's wide open, high powered offenses, to only allow about 60 points scored in 16 games is pretty remarkable.

And the fact that they didn't allow the Sweetwater Offense to score, despite them having a high scoring offense, validates how good those young men are.

When did the Wing-T or the Slot-T become a "wide open, high powered offense" when compared to the spread offense that is favored today? WOS can only play who is put in front of them and 10 of the 16 teams were Wing-T, Slot-T, or some variation. Not their fault, they beat the hell out of who ever was put in front of them, but don't make it sound like they were going up against a wide open spread team every game like most teams face now.

• Like 1

When did the Wing-T or the Slot-T become a "wide open, high powered offense" when compared to the spread offense that is favored today? WOS can only play who is put in front of them and 10 of the 16 teams were Wing-T, Slot-T, or some variation. Not their fault, they beat the hell out of who ever was put in front of them, but don't make it sound like they were going up against a wide open spread team every game like most teams face now.

Whoa hoss. You need to read my post again. I never said they played all spreads. I merely implied that as a whole, offenses score more now than they use to. I can't back that up with facts, just appears so to me. And I'm not sure they played 10 teams that run the Slot T. I know they scrimmaged at least one that does (5A who was Dist Champs). And I see at least 5 they played that run it. The others I'm not sure of. But I do know they pretty well shutdown everyone they faced - Slot T, Wing T, or Spread. Actually, the only team to score 3 touchdowns on them was Kennedale, and I think they run the Slot T.

Whoa hoss. You need to read my post again. I never said they played all spreads. I merely implied that as a whole, offenses score more now than they use to. I can't back that up with facts, just appears so to me. And I'm not sure they played 10 teams that run the Slot T. I know they scrimmaged at least one that does (5A who was Dist Champs). And I see at least 5 they played that run it. The others I'm not sure of. But I do know they pretty well shutdown everyone they faced - Slot T, Wing T, or Spread. Actually, the only team to score 3 touchdowns on them was Kennedale, and I think they run the Slot T.

Cool, I get your point. Didn't matter who they played, that defense was just too good.

I base my claim of 10 Wing-T / Slot-T, etc..... off of what the WOS faithful have said including Coach Thompson.

Check out this link after their win against Navarro. The whole interview is great, but at about the 2:20 mark Coach Thompson states that they have played these kind of teams 10 times.

You could really tell that WOS wanted Gilmer, but it wasn't meant to be.

• Like 2

I hear old Coach T is old school. He sure talks like it lol. His team's are well disciplined. Heck, I didn't know until this weekend that he graduated from Orange Stark, prior to the merger. I do know, every high school down here in the Swamp would love to have him (not gonna happen).

Thanks for the video metal.

Crow? I didn't say anything remotely worthy of eating crow. I'm here, though. I've always said that WO-S was the team to beat this year. Judging by what you, and a few other WO-S fans said, if anybody deserves to eat crow it would be you..., seeing as you thought y'all were going to "show up" whoever made it there in a really bad way. I was expecting much more out of y'all than what was shown. The defense was impressive, but the way y'all talked, it should've been a real 5 to 6 TD blowout. It wasn't that at all.

Admit it..., Sweetwater was better than you thought they were, huh... Just be proud that y'all are the 4A-D2 state champions and be done with it already.

• Like 2