APSE 3A All-State Team

scottmyers39

No you are misinformed. The AP Sports Editors send out a email to the coaches and the coaches nominate their kids for all state. If you are a coach and know more AP voters, your kids have a lot better chance.. So the coach has EVERYTHING to do with it..

and don't coaches supply the stats?

Same thing with Gunter. 15-0 playing for state title and not an all state player 1. What a joke

Gunter should of had at least three defensive players and two or three on offense in my opinion. Even if they were first, second and honorable mention, that team should have at least six players on those teams.

I personally had votes as an Associated Press Sports Writer and the Texas Sportswriter several years ago. Mind you, this was twenty years ago, at least, and I was provided with a composite list of All-State candidates. Those were supplied by coaching staffs. I had one vote for each position and had one write-in vote for offense and one for defense. A combination of coaches and writers chose the All State teams. What was awesome was the players that made the first team three years in a row and there is a decent list of those players. But there are also lists that include a very select few that were named to the team four years in a row, About half of that list include six man players.