APSE 4A All State Team

PantherNation2015

IMHO, the AP's All-State Teams are representative of good players, but not necessarily the best players in the state. As I recall, these teams represent the result of a nomination process and vote by only those representing the newspapers, radio stations and TV stations in the state that subscribe to the AP. Not all of the state's media outlets, especially those in small towns, do subscribe to the AP. And, of those that do, many of them have no one on their staff who is familiar with anyone outside the athletic district in which the school in their town participates.

This same AP your referring too has had WOS ranked #1 ALL year long. That's in all of 4A. Now how could you rank a team #1 by a mile over every other team (desrevingly so) every week then turn around and just forget about them come all state time? Just doesn't make much sense huh?

Good question dean. I know The QB, Jack Dallas has an offer to Lamar (football and baseball). They had one go to Alabama, I think last year. Don't keep up with it like I use to. Last time I saw a WOS game was last year on TV for the SC. But I wonder, out of all the kids listed (1st team, 2nd team, honorable mention) how many of them will get D1 offers? Cest la vie.

But again, congratulations to all the young men selected.

And if he was say 6'2'' he could go anywhere in America. Probably both or either sport.

• Like 3

The AP is based of the regular season stats and the WOS coaches would have had to nominated their players. The fact that not 1 of their players made it simply means the Coaches didn't send in their nominees

Also could mean that at each position there were those on other teams with better stats. It does seem interesting that they didn't even make honorable mention.