Hendo Stadium Renovation

EnjoyLife

• 6 months later...

I know that this is about Lion Stadium, but if you have not been in J'ville as of late you want know the Mater Bowl.  All that is left is the rock wall around it and the rock wall of the old dressing rooms and press box.  All seating on both side are gone.  The field has been took out.  I really don't see them playing to many games there this year if any.

4 minutes ago, Brickmaker said:

I know that this is about Lion Stadium, but if you have not been in J'ville as of late you want know the Mater Bowl.  All that is left is the rock wall around it and the rock wall of the old dressing rooms and press box.  All seating on both side are gone.  The field has been took out.  I really don't see them playing to many games there this year if any.

None actually, J'ville will play all home games at Tyler(Trinity Mother Francis) Rose Stadium.

On ‎7‎/‎31‎/‎2017 at 5:33 PM, Mavchamp said:

Language is important.

If I new the difference between to, too, and two....... I wood probably use it sew people wood not think eye was uneducated. It affects how others sea you're intelligence.

#countthemistakes

That would 7 mistakes, sir!

2 minutes ago, Lion70 said:

The struggle is real

Haha..., definitely true for some.  As long as it is legible I won't be the grammar and spelling police.  You are definitely not the only one that struggles with the proper use of words and/or spelling.  The English language is complicated, or so I am told.  I just pointed out the words that were used wrong.  I didn't even touch on the grammatical error.  I didn't want to confuse anyone.:woot:

• 4 weeks later...
  • 5 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

Good on Henderson....it's long needed and deserved.

Question though.... the new home side appears it will seat fewer than the old home side use to.  I know it's going to be be a LOT nicer....but it looks like less seats.

Hard to tell with the visitor's side in the photos.  But back in the day (2004/2005) Henderson had THE smallest visitor's side I ever recall for a district game.  That's saying something when you recall old PT stadium, old Hallsville Stadium, the Tomato Bowl, and Whitehouse.

Gotcha.  

TBH....I haven't been back to the stadium since Henderson was in our district back in 2004 and 2005.

Poor Lions were struggling back then with Marshall, Kilgore, and Jacksonville all being so good those seasons.

2 hours ago, Mavchamp said:

Good on Henderson....it's long needed and deserved.

Question though.... the new home side appears it will seat fewer than the old home side use to.  I know it's going to be be a LOT nicer....but it looks like less seats.

Hard to tell with the visitor's side in the photos.  But back in the day (2004/2005) Henderson had THE smallest visitor's side I ever recall for a district game.  That's saying something when you recall old PT stadium, old Hallsville Stadium, the Tomato Bowl, and Whitehouse.

The visitor side is 1,000 times better than before.  The stands don’t have many rows, but they run from like the 20 yard line to the 20 yard line.  They also put a nice standing room area on the visitor’s side as well as nice bathrooms and concession stand.  Additional parking was also added.  I watch two games there in 2017 and found it much more comfortable than before.  Hoping the new home press box is taller than before to hide the sun!

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...
On ‎7‎/‎2‎/‎2018 at 9:37 PM, DawgNation2015 said:

The visitor side is 1,000 times better than before.  The stands don’t have many rows, but they run from like the 20 yard line to the 20 yard line.  They also put a nice standing room area on the visitor’s side as well as nice bathrooms and concession stand.  Additional parking was also added.  I watch two games there in 2017 and found it much more comfortable than before.  Hoping the new home press box is taller than before to hide the sun!

Actually both sides run from goal line to goal line. Much more seating for the visitors.

• Thanks 1