Trading Cards seen in movies/on TV

cheaptrick77

• 4 weeks later...

I can't find a screenshot... in the movie "A League Of Their Own," there's a scene where one of the woman ballplayers brings a card to the Tom Hanks character hoping to get it signed, but he rips it up in a drunken stupor. Since I was a very avid card collector at the time, I could tell the card she used was a modern one. Either a Fleer or Upper Deck card of the early '90s.

ย 

Yeah, maybe it's nitpicky, but the least they coulda done was come up with a decent ol' timey looking replica. :P

A League Of Their Own

THANK YOU !!! I forgot about that- somehow :( ... I'll dig up a capture when I get home from work in the morning ;)

ย 

Another one I am seeking is a 1972 episode of The Partridge Family where Danny is holding a Sandy Koufax card...

Also the '80s movie "Mask" about the deformed kid who's a genius or something. On his wall he had the complete something-year starting lineup of the Dodgers on a poster of a baseball diamond, or something. Er, I might be mixing up some movies here.

ย 

I only remember it because I tried to do something like that with the Braves.

• Like 1

• 4 weeks later...
  • 3 months later...

I knew there had to be a Leave It To Beaver episode with Baseball Cards & I found one ... from the 1961 episode, "Wally's Weekend Job":

ย 

LEAVE IT TO BEAVER 1961.jpg

Have you ever considered seeing a licensed psychiatrist for your obsessive /compulsive card addiction???๐Ÿ˜œ I mean, it's practically like Pavlov's dogs with you, Cheapster!....๐Ÿ˜œ