Dream matchups you'd like to see your high school football team play?

itmoney100

I am good since we finally got to play Tatum. I do however would like to play a few more 5a teams. I would settle seeing the D1 champ face the D2.

Carthage vs West Orange

Lake Travis vs Desota

Highland Park vs Aledo

Mineola vs Gunter

Refugio vs Brenmond

Carthage beat WOS in 2013 we are 1-0 against them. Would have liked to played them this season. Only if we had one more week off playoff football.

• Like 1

I am good since we finally got to play Tatum. I do however would like to play a few more 5a teams. I would settle seeing the D1 champ face the D2.

Carthage vs West Orange

Lake Travis vs Desota

Highland Park vs Aledo

Mineola vs Gunter

Refugio vs Brenmond

these 5 games would all be good, I'd take

Carthage to pull the upset

Lake travis

Highland park

Mineola

Bremond

I wish we could have seen end of the season 2008 Carthage versus Longview, DeSoto, Southlake Carroll, etc

Dwight Smith behind that offensive line, and Si Blackshire and his receiving corp. Then add that nasty '08 Dawg defense. That team was so loaded on both sides of the ball, and again we had Dwight Smith running the football. You watch high school football today and there are no players like him.

As far as this season goes I would've liked Carthage to have played WOS the week after DI and DII title games.

Carthage v WOS

Carthage v El Campo (to get that monkey off our back)

Carthage v Argyle (playoff rivalry; always a great game)

Carthage v Sweetwater

Carthage v Aledo

Carthage v Highland Park

• Like 3
  • Stinks 1

As far as East Texas, a renewal of the Carthage/ Marshall rivalry would be cool. A few teams I'd like to see my Rams match up with: Rivercrest (I think would have been a really good game this year), Harmony (they would have probably whipped us this year, but I've always wanted to play them for some reason) and Sabine (don't ask me why). I really like matching up against teams we've never played.

Carthage vs. Aledo

Highland Park vs. West Orange Stark

Mineola vs Gunter

Lake Travis vs Denton Ryan

Abilene Wylie vs Gunter

Mineola vs Brock

Brock vs Arp

Carthage vs Highland Park

Gunter vs Brock

Arp vs Brock would be a fun game. Especially if it was over the next few years while Arp is loaded. We are on a big up swing in talent right now.
  • Like 1

Carthage vs. Aledo

Highland Park vs. West Orange Stark

Mineola vs Gunter

Lake Travis vs Denton Ryan

Abilene Wylie vs Gunter

Mineola vs Brock

Brock vs Arp

Carthage vs Highland Park

Gunter vs Brock

No disrespect to Carthage but Aledo would have dismantled them this year. They were a very mature team and as disciplined as Carthage. When it is 2 power programs like these 2, I would think the school with more horses in the race would get a huge edge.

• Thanks 1

While Carthage still has all of this talent, I don't understand why Marshall and Carthage won't work something out...

Not trying to take shots at Carthage, but I didn't see a lot of talent from this team, at least not as much as past teams that won it all. I think it was mostly coaching, a disciplined defense and a very good running back that got them to state. Maybe I'm wrong, but I still didn't see a team loaded with talent.

Not trying to take shots at Carthage, but I didn't see a lot of talent from this team, at least not as much as past teams that won it all. I think it was mostly coaching, a discipline defense and a very good running back that got them to state. Maybe I'm wrong, but I still didn't see a team loaded with talent.

No offense taken. I believe most of the Carthage faithful would agree that the 2016 team is not as deep talent wise as our previous SC teams. Coach Surratt even said so many times in interviews. But I would say this team showed early that they could play at a high level in the big win over Gilmer. Us fans knew they had the potential but they just didn't always execute like teams had in the past. They took on the identity of playing to the level of their competition at times during the regular season. Once we hit the playoffs they started to believe in themselves and the rest is history!

• Like 1

Not trying to take shots at Carthage, but I didn't see a lot of talent from this team, at least not as much as past teams that won it all. I think it was mostly coaching, a discipline defense and a very good running back that got them to state. Maybe I'm wrong, but I still didn't see a team loaded with talent.

You are right. But wait until next year! Give theses boys another year to grow and mature. The player I am most excited about is Mekhi Colbert. I think he had 8 interceptions. Had 3 defensive TD. Took the ball away from one of the top ranked recievers in the nation and took it to the house. Returned a punt for a TD. Scored on offense. He can do it all. Ingram and Gates will get all the hype, and rightfully so. But Mekhi Colbert is a bad man.

Dawgs weren't as talent rich this season as some past teams, but it's not like Surratt & Co didn't have some studs on the field.

Agree. But Pack made the statement that we weren't as loaded with talent as the other state champions. Me and Dawgnation just agreed with him. You gotta remember how loaded those teams were before. Just think about the recent state championship team before this one in 2013. Our players were just better than everybody else's. That team destroyed some good teams in the playoffs. In 6 games in the playoffs they out scored opponents 255-85. Including blow outs over Mexia, Navasota, Silsbee, and La Grange on the way to a championship. Only close games were WOS and Kilgore, and they were both still 2 score wins. That was a very mature team full of 3 year starters. This season just looked different than the norm in Carthage. I understand people saying that. That team in 2013 had 4 D1 players on offense alone. That's just unheard of at the 4a level. So I just see where people are coming from saying that about this years team. This was young team. But they had plenty of studs and played with more determination and grit than any team to come thru here. I think that is why so many people loved this years Carthage team. Hell they were underdogs in almost every playoff game. That is just usually not the case.