Dream matchups you'd like to see your high school football team play?

itmoney100

I wish we could have seen end of the season 2008 Carthage versus Longview, DeSoto, Southlake Carroll, etc

Dwight Smith behind that offensive line, and Si Blackshire and his receiving corp. Then add that nasty '08 Dawg defense. That team was so loaded on both sides of the ball, and again we had Dwight Smith running the football. You watch high school football today and there are no players like him.

I went back and watched some old footage of Dwight Smith Man let me tell you the young man was phenomenal! He was 215lbs to 220lbs blazing speed Breakaway speed quick first step quick to the line of scrimmage could run you over could make you miss also, could catch the ball out of the backfield. The young should be playing on Sundays! He's not only the best running back to come through Carthage in my opinion he's one of the best to do it in high school period.

• Like 1

I went back and watched some old footage of Dwight Smith Man let me tell you the young man was phenomenal! He was 215lbs to 220lbs blazing speed Breakaway speed quick first step quick to the line of scrimmage could run you over could make you miss also, could catch the ball out of the backfield. The young should be playing on Sundays! He's not only the best running back to come through Carthage in my opinion he's one of the best to do it in high school period.

Dwight Smith is No Doubt the best RB to ever come through CHS... Truly Amazing kid!
  • Like 1

Some schools should play for geography purposes like Chapel hill vs Arp

Carlisle vs Troup Overton vs West Rusk, Spring Hill vs Pine Tree. Some should play for competitive Gilmer vs Kilgore , Marshall vs Carthage, Henderson vs Gilmer , Marshall vs Nac .

Yeah...Henderson and Gilmer need to play. Sooner or later we gonna get a win over those guys lol

• Like 1

• 2 years later...

Any changes . I enjoyed Carthage vs Pleasant Grove but that might a State Championship next year. Not often do you get a playoff atmosphere in predistrict . I would like too see. Marshall vs Carthage was cool.

Gilmer vs Kilgore 

Henderson vs Gilmer 

Henderson vs Carthage ( going D2)

Kilgore vs Carthage ( same reason)

Spring Hill vs Tatum 

Longview vs Katy or a stronger 6a team. 

Texas High vs Pleasant Grove just stop Texas. 

Neat for geography purposes 

Jacksonville vs Rusk 

Jacksonville vs Bullard. 

West Rusk vs Carlise

Lindale vs Whitehouse ( Lindale going to 4a)

Pine Tree vs Spring Hill 

Arp vs Chapel Hill

Gladewater and freaken Gilmer 

Sulphur springs vs Mount Pleasant ( you know you belong together)

Joaquin vs Logansport Louisiana

• Like 1

1 hour ago, DAWG91 said:

Carthage Bulldogs vs Dallas Cowboys.  Coaching edge heavily favors the Dawgs.

True that. Ol Surratt could move the chains with them beefy-boys. JJ gonna give all the big contracts to the showy positions though and they won't all be there soon though. Part of the D is prolly questionable already cause of the Zeke dealio too.

On 12/22/2016 at 5:31 AM, HearEmaGrowlin said:

I wish we could have seen end of the season 2008 Carthage versus Longview, DeSoto, Southlake Carroll, etc

Dwight Smith behind that offensive line, and Si Blackshire and his receiving corp. Then add that nasty '08 Dawg defense. That team was so loaded on both sides of the ball, and again we had Dwight Smith running the football. You watch high school football today and there are no players like him.

As far as this season goes I would've liked Carthage to have played WOS the week after DI and DII title games.

Carthage v WOS

Carthage v El Campo (to get that monkey off our back)

Carthage v Argyle (playoff rivalry; always a great game)

Carthage v Sweetwater

Carthage v Aledo

Carthage v Highland Park

Carthage must have changed coaches after  2007 season because Newton played them in 2006, Carthage won 20-18 and in 2007 and Carthage won like 43-36 I think. I think you had a Bickham as head coach. Not sure but I think I am right.

9 minutes ago, jimmyw said:

Carthage must have changed coaches after  2007 season because Newton played them in 2006, Carthage won 20-18 and in 2007 and Carthage won like 43-36 I think. I think you had a Bickham as head coach. Not sure but I think I am right.

Surratt came in 2007 they haven't miss a beat since.