Dream matchups you'd like to see your high school football team play?

itmoney100

12 hours ago, Champ1000 said:

Carthage vs Arygle would be better than them playing Chapel Hill. 

If I were to pick Carthage schedule

Carthage vs Kilgore

Carthage @ Arygle 

Carthage vs Henderson

Carthage @ Marshall 

Carthage vs Vega 

Awesomeness

@DawgNation2015 @CarthDawg77 

Any chance? 

Carthage is supposed to be playing Pleasant Grove the next 2 years in non-district  if they are not in the same region

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, cotton84 said:

Carthage is supposed to be playing Pleasant Grove the next 2 years in non-district  if they are not in the same region

7-4A
Gilmer
Pittsburg
Pleasant Grove
Liberty-Eylau
North Lamar

8-4A
Bullard
Rusk
Carthage
Center
Spring Hill

Projected sounds about right by Yoe 09 fan 

Posted 13 hours ago

On 12/21/2016 at 8:55 PM, CarthDawg77 said:
On 12/21/2016 at 8:52 PM, itmoney100 said:

In a dream match up I'd like to see Carthage play. Longveiw, John Tyler, Aledo, Stephenville, Lufkin and Evangel Christian Academy (Shreveport La)

Soooo... Will this be a Tag Team event between Carthage & those other teams? 😜

PG -CARTHAGE

2 hours ago, HJR7 said:

Means absolutely nothing.  Kilgore had about 6 or 7 D1 Athletes on their Defensive alone. 

Your 6 or 7 D1 means nothing...they would not have stopped Longview...maybe played with them for a while but no chance of winning...nice try tho...gives you something to fantasize about at least

• LOL! 1

34 minutes ago, Goodellsmostwanted said:

3 of those guys on the oline for Kilgore all started in the 09 National championship for UT RB went to Utah 1 Wr to Sam Houston another to Baylor...

You can't convince Longview guys that. I agree with him Longview wins but its not 63-0.

3 hours ago, Champ1000 said:

You can't convince Longview guys that. I agree with him Longview wins but its not 63-0.

Never said we would win 63-0...He said 2005 but thinking he really meant 2004...either way we had common opponents both years and Longview wins either year...but in the end, it’s just an opinion 

18 hours ago, kingwolf said:

Your 6 or 7 D1 means nothing...they would not have stopped Longview...maybe played with them for a while but no chance of winning...nice try tho...gives you something to fantasize about at least

I know Longview didnt want to play Kilgore that year, and I'll leave first hand information off of smoaky.

• LOL! 1

On 12/22/2016 at 5:31 AM, HearEmaGrowlin said:

I wish we could have seen end of the season 2008 Carthage versus Longview, DeSoto, Southlake Carroll, etc

Dwight Smith behind that offensive line, and Si Blackshire and his receiving corp. Then add that nasty '08 Dawg defense. That team was so loaded on both sides of the ball, and again we had Dwight Smith running the football. You watch high school football today and there are no players like him.

As far as this season goes I would've liked Carthage to have played WOS the week after DI and DII title games.

Carthage v WOS

Carthage v El Campo (to get that monkey off our back)

Carthage v Argyle (playoff rivalry; always a great game)

Carthage v Sweetwater

Carthage v Aledo

Carthage v Highland Park

Carthage against Highland Park would be one for the ages! 

• Like 1