Dream matchups you'd like to see your high school football team play?

itmoney100

On 12/22/2016 at 7:39 PM, Hlion said:

Some schools should play for geography purposes like Chapel hill vs Arp

Carlisle vs Troup Overton vs West Rusk, Spring Hill vs Pine Tree. Some should play for competitive Gilmer vs Kilgore , Marshall vs Carthage, Henderson vs Gilmer , Marshall vs Nac .

I would love to see Spring Hill take on Pine Tree! 

• 2 weeks later...

we here feel like the Carthage wo-s game would be a super matchup  between two of the best  teams in the state in 2020 the bulldogs will just reload in 2019 they were a beast sure you will agree  with that sent 23 different players on the field that afternoon playin La Vega.this game would pit two  very large teams togather  by looking into there  chat room at wo-s there licking there wounds that the Silsbee team put on them lol the talk there in orange is all about 10th grader with is 29 td 1,659 yards and   the transfer who had to sit out a year from  calf  there saying is 6ft 3 235  a RB and LB let hope they can get this one going 

On 12/22/2016 at 9:31 PM, Hlion said:

West Orange stark vs Lake Travis

West Orange vs Alabama

that would be a good game bama turned them down last year Thompson who is no longer there told the tide all about his x team hum ALABAMA is getting ready have a walk on from  west orange    JUST KIDDING 

On 12/22/2016 at 7:39 PM, Hlion said:

Some schools should play for geography purposes like Chapel hill vs Arp

Carlisle vs Troup Overton vs West Rusk, Spring Hill vs Pine Tree. Some should play for competitive Gilmer vs Kilgore , Marshall vs Carthage, Henderson vs Gilmer , Marshall vs Nac .

You got your wish from 2016 with Marshall playing Carthage and Nac.   We’ve had both on the schedule the last 2 seasons.  

I hope The Marshall/Carthage series continues.  It’s a great matchup with a fantastic crowd for both.  

Before 2018.... Marshall Vs Nac was was a tough sale because there was always a chance of them meeting in the first round of the playoffs (like we did in 2014).  Now we are district mates. Only way I see us becoming a non-district game is if Marshall was aligned into region II and Nac was in Region III.  Then there is a question of competitiveness.  

I’d also love to see a series with Lufkin come to pass. Just to mix things up. Haven’t faced them since 2004 I believe. I have tremendous respect for the LP program.  I’d like to see us be competitive against them. 

If Texas High doesn’t end up in our district... and they were to go region II and we remained in region III.... I’d love to see that become a non-district game too.  Mucho respect for THS.

I have mixed feelings about Kilgore.  They were our most fierce rivals from 2002-2013. Great fans.  But.... I really want to stick to 5A competition for non-district. Carthage is a rare animal.  Only makes sense to play them.  Kilgore, whom I have tremendous respect for, really doesn’t do much for us.  We’re 2 divisions above them.  I’m torn about it. Ticket sales makes it a no brainer. But.... I dunno. 

So my ideal non-District schedule would be something like: 

Carthage, Lufkin, Texas High.  Then head into district.  

JMHO

9 minutes ago, Mavchamp said:

You got your wish from 2016 with Marshall playing Carthage and Nac.   We’ve had both on the schedule the last 2 seasons.  

I hope The Marshall/Carthage series continues.  It’s a great matchup with a fantastic crowd for both.  

Before 2018.... Marshall Vs Nac was was a tough sale because there was always a chance of them meeting in the first round of the playoffs (like we did in 2014).  Now we are district mates. Only way I see us becoming a non-district game is if Marshall was aligned into region II and Nac was in Region III.  Then there is a question of competitiveness.  

I’d also love to see a series with Lufkin come to pass. Just to mix things up. Haven’t faced them since 2004 I believe. I have tremendous respect for the LP program.  I’d like to see us be competitive against them. 

If Texas High doesn’t end up in our district... and they were to go region II and we remained in region III.... I’d love to see that become a non-district game too.  Mucho respect for THS.

I have mixed feelings about Kilgore.  They were our most fierce rivals from 2002-2013. Great fans.  But.... I really want to stick to 5A competition for non-district. Carthage is a rare animal.  Only makes sense to play them.  Kilgore, whom I have tremendous respect for, really doesn’t do much for us.  We’re 2 divisions above them.  I’m torn about it. Ticket sales makes it a no brainer. But.... I dunno. 

So my ideal non-District schedule would be something like: 

Carthage, Lufkin, Texas High.  Then head into district.  

JMHO

Marshall 5A Div 2

Kilgore 4A Div 1