The Smoakhouse Forums

Dream matchups you'd like to see your high school football team play?

Dawgs weren't as talent rich this season as some past teams, but it's not like Surratt & Co didn't have some studs on the field.

Agree. But Pack made the statement that we weren't as loaded with talent as the other state champions. Me and Dawgnation just agreed with him. You gotta remember how loaded those teams were before. Just think about the recent state championship team before this one in 2013. Our players were just better than everybody else's. That team destroyed some good teams in the playoffs. In 6 games in the playoffs they out scored opponents 255-85. Including blow outs over Mexia, Navasota, Silsbee, and La Grange on the way to a championship. Only close games were WOS and Kilgore, and they were both still 2 score wins. That was a very mature team full of 3 year starters. This season just looked different than the norm in Carthage. I understand people saying that. That team in 2013 had 4 D1 players on offense alone. That's just unheard of at the 4a level. So I just see where people are coming from saying that about this years team. This was young team. But they had plenty of studs and played with more determination and grit than any team to come thru here. I think that is why so many people loved this years Carthage team. Hell they were underdogs in almost every playoff game. That is just usually not the case.
  • Replies 127
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

And they would have gotten destroyed by 6 or 7 TDs. Nobody on that defense was stopping McGee or Ivory, and Kilgore offense wasnt moving the ball on Cortez Beall and those boys.

No.  And I have TREMENDOUS respect for Carthage. 

I wish we could have seen end of the season 2008 Carthage versus Longview, DeSoto, Southlake Carroll, etc   Dwight Smith behind that offensive line, and Si Blackshire and his receiving corp. Then ad

Posted Images

While Carthage still has all of this talent, I don't understand why Marshall and Carthage won't work something out...

I totally agree we usually play Nacogdoches every year we should take them off the schedule and replace them with Marshall

I wish we could have seen end of the season 2008 Carthage versus Longview, DeSoto, Southlake Carroll, etc

Dwight Smith behind that offensive line, and Si Blackshire and his receiving corp. Then add that nasty '08 Dawg defense. That team was so loaded on both sides of the ball, and again we had Dwight Smith running the football. You watch high school football today and there are no players like him.

I went back and watched some old footage of Dwight Smith Man let me tell you the young man was phenomenal! He was 215lbs to 220lbs blazing speed Breakaway speed quick first step quick to the line of scrimmage could run you over could make you miss also, could catch the ball out of the backfield. The young should be playing on Sundays! He's not only the best running back to come through Carthage in my opinion he's one of the best to do it in high school period.

• Like 1

I went back and watched some old footage of Dwight Smith Man let me tell you the young man was phenomenal! He was 215lbs to 220lbs blazing speed Breakaway speed quick first step quick to the line of scrimmage could run you over could make you miss also, could catch the ball out of the backfield. The young should be playing on Sundays! He's not only the best running back to come through Carthage in my opinion he's one of the best to do it in high school period.

Dwight Smith is No Doubt the best RB to ever come through CHS... Truly Amazing kid!
  • Like 1

That Dwight Smith was something else. Hey, we've found a new thread topic.

Rank the best Carthage Bulldog running backs of all time.

I'll have to think about the list before posting on the topic though.

• Like 2

Some schools should play for geography purposes like Chapel hill vs Arp

Carlisle vs Troup Overton vs West Rusk, Spring Hill vs Pine Tree. Some should play for competitive Gilmer vs Kilgore , Marshall vs Carthage, Henderson vs Gilmer , Marshall vs Nac .

• Like 1

Some schools should play for geography purposes like Chapel hill vs Arp

Carlisle vs Troup Overton vs West Rusk, Spring Hill vs Pine Tree. Some should play for competitive Gilmer vs Kilgore , Marshall vs Carthage, Henderson vs Gilmer , Marshall vs Nac .

Yeah...Henderson and Gilmer need to play. Sooner or later we gonna get a win over those guys lol

• Like 1

John Tyler vs Odessa permian in Dallas

As Yoe is into playing 4A teams in pre-district, couple of us in Cameron would like to see a Hwy 77 home-&-away w/ Cuero.

• 2 years later...

Any changes . I enjoyed Carthage vs Pleasant Grove but that might a State Championship next year. Not often do you get a playoff atmosphere in predistrict . I would like too see. Marshall vs Carthage was cool.

Gilmer vs Kilgore 

Henderson vs Gilmer 

Henderson vs Carthage ( going D2)

Kilgore vs Carthage ( same reason)

Spring Hill vs Tatum 

Longview vs Katy or a stronger 6a team. 

Texas High vs Pleasant Grove just stop Texas. 

Neat for geography purposes 

Jacksonville vs Rusk 

Jacksonville vs Bullard. 

West Rusk vs Carlise

Lindale vs Whitehouse ( Lindale going to 4a)

Pine Tree vs Spring Hill 

Arp vs Chapel Hill

Gladewater and freaken Gilmer 

Sulphur springs vs Mount Pleasant ( you know you belong together)

Joaquin vs Logansport Louisiana

• Like 1