The Smoakhouse Forums

Dream matchups you'd like to see your high school football team play?

• Replies 127
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

And they would have gotten destroyed by 6 or 7 TDs. Nobody on that defense was stopping McGee or Ivory, and Kilgore offense wasnt moving the ball on Cortez Beall and those boys.

No.  And I have TREMENDOUS respect for Carthage. 

I wish we could have seen end of the season 2008 Carthage versus Longview, DeSoto, Southlake Carroll, etc   Dwight Smith behind that offensive line, and Si Blackshire and his receiving corp. Then ad

Posted Images

18 hours ago, kingwolf said:

Your 6 or 7 D1 means nothing...they would not have stopped Longview...maybe played with them for a while but no chance of winning...nice try tho...gives you something to fantasize about at least

I know Longview didnt want to play Kilgore that year, and I'll leave first hand information off of smoaky.

• Haha 1
On 12/22/2016 at 5:31 AM, HearEmaGrowlin said:

I wish we could have seen end of the season 2008 Carthage versus Longview, DeSoto, Southlake Carroll, etc

Dwight Smith behind that offensive line, and Si Blackshire and his receiving corp. Then add that nasty '08 Dawg defense. That team was so loaded on both sides of the ball, and again we had Dwight Smith running the football. You watch high school football today and there are no players like him.

As far as this season goes I would've liked Carthage to have played WOS the week after DI and DII title games.

Carthage v WOS

Carthage v El Campo (to get that monkey off our back)

Carthage v Argyle (playoff rivalry; always a great game)

Carthage v Sweetwater

Carthage v Aledo

Carthage v Highland Park

Carthage against Highland Park would be one for the ages! 

• Like 1
On 12/22/2016 at 7:39 PM, Hlion said:

Some schools should play for geography purposes like Chapel hill vs Arp

Carlisle vs Troup Overton vs West Rusk, Spring Hill vs Pine Tree. Some should play for competitive Gilmer vs Kilgore , Marshall vs Carthage, Henderson vs Gilmer , Marshall vs Nac .

I would love to see Spring Hill take on Pine Tree! 

• 2 weeks later...
On 12/21/2016 at 10:35 PM, JETT said:

these 5 games would all be good, I'd take

Carthage to pull the upset

Lake travis

Highland park

Mineola

Bremond

Carthage to pull the upset? It would be an upset if WOS beat Carthage. 

we here feel like the Carthage wo-s game would be a super matchup  between two of the best  teams in the state in 2020 the bulldogs will just reload in 2019 they were a beast sure you will agree  with that sent 23 different players on the field that afternoon playin La Vega.this game would pit two  very large teams togather  by looking into there  chat room at wo-s there licking there wounds that the Silsbee team put on them lol the talk there in orange is all about 10th grader with is 29 td 1,659 yards and   the transfer who had to sit out a year from  calf  there saying is 6ft 3 235  a RB and LB let hope they can get this one going 

On 12/22/2016 at 9:31 PM, Hlion said:

West Orange stark vs Lake Travis

West Orange vs Alabama

that would be a good game bama turned them down last year Thompson who is no longer there told the tide all about his x team hum ALABAMA is getting ready have a walk on from  west orange    JUST KIDDING 

On 12/12/2019 at 11:02 PM, MrBuddyGarrity said:

Port Arthur Memorial vs anybody, we want all the smoke. 😤

WO-S AND PORT ARTHUR MEMORIAL  WOULD BE A NICE ONE TO WATCH  BOTH T EAMS ARE BIG AND FAST THIS YEAR SO THE POSTERS ARE SAY IN S.E. TEXAS

ed-hochuli_pg_600.jpg

• Confused 1
15 hours ago, DawgNation2015 said:

I’d like to see Carthage vs Texas High

Texas usually has a hard time finding non district teams and Carthage is having trouble due to lack of interest from other teams. I would like too see that one as well.

• Like 1
  • Stinks 1