Fox News Showing Doc About Lincoln's Assassination: Was Boothe Right Or Wrong ?

romansoldier1

​The author of the link is correct. Also CarthDawg, Not sure if you realized this or not but most tribes in old Africa had slaves BEFORE slavery was practiced in America. Also the Muslim tribes especially were known to go to far-off areas and capture peoples of different tribes and bring them back thousands of miles over the desert back to their own villages, where they made them slaves until their natural deaths. I don't know if you read the book ROOTS, but it talks about this quite a bit. Needless to say, I was shocked when I first read this many years ago. The Mandinkas in particular had a very beautiful culture ( except the slavery ) The slavecatchers should have left them alone. Also, most people don't realize that slavery STILL EXISTS. People are being kidnapped at a frightening rate and taken to unknown locations, never to be seen again. Here we are debating about civil war and slavery in the 1800s, when modern slavery is everywhere. If you want to combat slavery, there is plenty of opportunity right in front of us. I encourage you to go and fight it, if you have the skills and knowledge to do so. Frankly, football is not nearly as important as that cause.

Romansoldier,

Yes, believe it or Not, I Do know that slavery existed Long before white people sailed to Africa & filled their ships with human cargo Bought From the slavecatchers you mention; Being a football fan has Shown me that this is the case, because not many white men could run down & capture a black man, especially one running for his Life. So that particular portion of "Roots" is ficticious, in my opinion. As I clearly stated, ALL slavery is Wrong, no matter When, no matter Why, no matter BY Whom, For Whom...One man holding another in Bondage & doing so in order to force the one in bondage to become his Slave & work to make the Slave owner Rich will ALWAYS be WRONG.

Regarding the Mandinkas you speak of having such a beautiful culture ( except for the slavery) is not unlike saying that West Virginia is a nice place (except for the Incest), And Yes, the slavecatchers SHOULD have left EVERYONE alone & HIRED people to pick cotton... But Greed got in the way, as it so often does.

Also, yes, I DO KNOW that slavery still exists even today in other countries, & for the same OLD REASON; GREED, & Sorry, but I will not be doing anything about it, because I'll be watching football.

Romansoldier,

Yes, believe it or Not, I Do know that slavery existed Long before white people sailed to Africa & filled their ships with human cargo Bought From the slavecatchers you mention; Being a football fan has Shown me that this is the case, because not many white men could run down & capture a black man, especially one running for his Life. So that particular portion of "Roots" is ficticious, in my opinion. As I clearly stated, ALL slavery is Wrong, no matter When, no matter Why, no matter BY Whom, For Whom...One man holding another in Bondage & doing so in order to force the one in bondage to become his Slave & work to make the Slave owner Rich will ALWAYS be WRONG.

Regarding the Mandinkas you speak of having such a beautiful culture ( except for the slavery) is not unlike saying that West Virginia is a nice place (except for the Incest), And Yes, the slavecatchers SHOULD have left EVERYONE alone & HIRED people to pick cotton... But Greed got in the way, as it so often does.

Also, yes, I DO KNOW that slavery still exists even today in other countries, & for the same OLD REASON; GREED, & Sorry, but I will not be doing anything about it, because I'll be watching football.

You wanna know what the saddest part about the slave catching done in old Africa was ? It was the fact that the kings of those tribes are usually the ones that caught the tribespeople and sold them to the whites in return for gold or money. Several of the kings ended up betraying the tribal warriors who wanted to band all the tribes together to fight the slavers.