U.S. Steel CEO Says 10,000 Jobs To Be Brought Back…

Wild74

BREAKING: U.S. Steel CEO Says 10,000 Jobs To Be Brought Back…
USAPoliticsNow ^ | Dec 8 2016 | USAPolitics Admin

U.S. Steel CEO Mario Longhi admitted that manufacturing challenges exist exclusively in the United States thanks to oppressive regulation set forth by President Obama.

Longhi is willing to bring as many as 10,000 jobs back to the United States because of the prosperity predicted with the advent of the incoming Trump administration. Jobs were lost to lay offs and downsizing during the Obama administration, and many employees found work overseas.

(Excerpt) Read more at usapoliticsnow.com ...

Hey Wild74, you'll have to excuse Harrier's lack of knowledge about the steel industry. In spite of all his fancy links, everyone in East Texas knows that Lone Star Steel has been dead since 1983, when they had thousands of layoffs within a years time. At the time the layoffs started, LSS had 4,700 plus employees. LSS has been putting along on fumes ever since, and they lay off steelworkers 2 weeks, then call them back, then lay them off again and repeat.

I'm not sure what Lone Star use to make I know they went down about the same time the oil boom in the 80's tanked out, so I assume they made different size drilling pipe and other size pipe. I know back in the 80's my old company Noram bought some 42" pipe from France and had it shipped to Lone Star to wrap. Lone Star couldn't make 42" at the time.

IF (big word in these times) we see a resurrection of the American steel industry, we will see a rise in the price of natural gas, which is used to fire steel mills. That will be big for the economy in East Texas. I'm not holding my breath.

I know that CenterPoint has a connection with the steel plant by the red river. They are not taking much gas right now because we are supplying the gas to Centerpoint and I haven't seen much of a increase, not the amount that was asked for anyhow upon connection.

IF (big word in these times) we see a resurrection of the American steel industry, we will see a rise in the price of natural gas, which is used to fire steel mills. That will be big for the economy in East Texas. I'm not holding my breath.

One reason I can see a comeback with Trump is how he won't be as harsh with the EPA on emissions. I know that was part of the problem of many of the furnaces and mills being shut down in Birmingham, Alabama after the EPA was created. I doubt Birmingham will ever become the Pittsburgh of the South again even with Trump's lax oversight.

Despite the authority's misconception, anyone that has happened to cross the 259 bridge south of LSS (U.S. Steel Tubular Products , Inc.) the past 30 years might think they are viewing the red sea...about as nasty in appearance as copper mining areas in Montana. How the EPA has interacted with LSS, ask the authority. I believe 4to3 has mentioned in the past the waste flowing on down to LOP. I'm sure it's another liberal hoax, another form of government in Texas Parks and Wildlife placing mercury warnings now ongoing for quite a number of years advising limited human consumption of large mouth bass on LOP and practically every other ET reservoir.

Psst...I'm not saying contamination of large mouth bass in LOP is entirely the results of operations at LSS for many years.

​Errr...Harrier, I don't know if anyone has told you yet that when you posted about US Steel Corp. maybe you didn't know it, but the LSS plant at Daingerfield IS US Steel now.

Despite the authority's misconception, anyone that has happened to cross the 259 bridge south of LSS (U.S. Steel Tubular Products , Inc.) the past 30 years might think they are viewing the red sea...about as nasty in appearance as copper mining areas in Montana. How the EPA has interacted with LSS, ask the authority. I believe 4to3 has mentioned in the past the waste flowing on down to LOP. I'm sure it's another liberal hoax, another form of government in Texas Parks and Wildlife placing mercury warnings now ongoing for quite a number of years advising limited human consumption of large mouth bass on LOP and practically every other ET reservoir.

Psst...I'm not saying contamination of large mouth bass in LOP is entirely the result of operations at LSS for many years.

​Harrier, I am pretty certain that Obama has been in control of the EPA for the last eight years since he has been president since that time so why are you even talking about Trump and the EPA ? He hasn't been inaugurated yet. Any lax oversight of LSS/US Steel mill at Daingerfield-Lone Star you should discuss with King Obamarama.

Uh, exactly what I meant , "It ain't ignorance causes so much trouble; it's folks knowing so much that ain't so."

I was fishing LOP and traveling 259 probably while you were still being weened. :rofl:

Dude, you must be blind to what I posted in parentheses couple posts back. Whatever it is you are smoking...

​Harrier, your posts were about US Steel, they have several plants around America, you didn't post about the plant in D'field. The article about US Steel talks about the US Steel plants in the North and Midwest, NOT the one at D'field. And you talk about Trump and he hasn't even taken office yet. And by the way, I don't smoke dude.

Fellow, try to keep up. DaveTV1 , get it, DaveTV1...he mentioned Trump. :wacko:

I know jetsetters are associated with cocaine parties and such. Maybe lay off the lines for a couple hours? You seem to be having great difficulty and not the first time confusing Dave's posts with others. Geez...someone get the hook, pull this clown off the stage!

​Like I said Harrier trump isn't in office yet. Why do you even blame him for things ? Go talk to Obama.

​Like I said Harrier trump isn't in office yet. Why do you even blame him for things ? Go talk to Obama.

Harrier loves to call out the two party dupes, but if you read his post, you'd think he's a Democrat. I'd say about 90% of his caustic comments are directed at Republicans. Hence his repeated premature attacks on Trump, despite the fact he hasn't been sworn in yet.

Harrier loves to call out the two party dupes, but if you read his post, you'd think he's a Democrat. I'd say about 90% of his caustic comments are directed at Republicans. Hence his repeated premature attacks on Trump, despite the fact he hasn't been sworn in yet.

I agree REB, if he respects America, America chose Trump, not Harrier's pick. It's ashame that some people get mad and jealous because my posts are getting between 35 and 60 replies each, while theirs are getting an average of 3 replies and there's one they put up which has no replies. Just pay them no attention and the dude will stop pestering.

Again as you avoided correcting yourself slick, someone else mentioned Trump and EPA.

​Harrier, you cleverly are attempting to backslide and distort the origin of your posts. You were talking about US Steel and then you blamed Trump for being lax on oversight of pollution when he's not even in office yet. Why don't you talk to Obama, he has been in charge of EPA for 8 years, so if there's been any lax oversight, its on Obama. You sound more and more Dem all the time. I'm starting to wonder.

Dude why do you lie? Why don't you try to comprehend who mentioned Trump and EPA in this thread. As a matter of fact it is only you that is mentioning blame on Trump. :wacko:

On the ridiculous pm you sent about the number of replies to threads you start, LMAO, most of them are yours. Try to comprehend that as well. :)

I'm trying to figure out are you some kind of spoon fed crybaby? Why the PMs? If you have something to address with me slick do it here.

​The original post was about one thing, but YOU extended on that and went off on a tangent. And no, the people who reply to me are other members. Trump is not in office yet so if you wanna ask where's the wall, go ask Obama.

I did not vote Trump. I did not vote Clinton. I wrote in my vote for Ted Cruz. I consider myself conservative and don't have a America hating bone in my body. Trump has 4 years to earn my vote. So far it's off to a crony filled rocky start.

I agree REB, if he respects America, America chose Trump, not Harrier's pick. It's ashame that some people get mad and jealous because my posts are getting between 35 and 60 replies each, while theirs are getting an average of 3 replies and there's one they put up which has no replies. Just pay them no attention and the dude will stop pestering.

The fact that you are actually doing the math on how many replies each poster gets is somewhat disturbing to me...😳

Evidently you don't read my comments about Washington D.C. on the Colorado River. Who do you think makes up that fiasco? Hint: republicans and democrats.

You two feelers realize there are three mods that have stated they DID NOT vote for Trump. I can handle either of you or both at the same time...just curious why you don't accuse the three mods of having no respect for America, the hating America lunacy? How come? There are two other mods, one I'm certain DID NOT vote Trump and the other a very good chance he DID NOT. Funny how hypocrisy works. Before I forget there is one frequent poster in this forum that DID NOT vote Trump. Have you guys accused him of hating America? Absurd.

I'm just making my judgement on all of your posts that I've read. The vast majority downgrade Republicans. You rarely single out Democrats for your attacks. For the most part, the three Mods you said didn't vote for Trump, are quick to jump on the Dems, as well as the Republicans. And personally, I'm not thrilled with many (most?) Republicans either. There are to many Republicans who'll side with the Dems, McCain being a prime example. And I've never accused you of having no respect for America.

Imo, you're just a person fed up with both parties, and I can respect that. But your continuing slamming of Republiicans while allowing theDemocrats pretty much a free ride, does give one reason to question your motives.

I did not vote Trump. I did not vote Clinton. I wrote in my vote for Ted Cruz. I consider myself conservative and don't have a America hating bone in my body. Trump has 4 years to earn my vote. So far it's off to a crony filled rocky start.

I almost did the same, but had to go with Hoefling. Cruz would have made the better President.

• Like 1

The only thing the New Testament has to say about taxes of any kind is to pay them..........

Matthew 22:15-22English Standard Version (ESV)

15 Then the Pharisees went and plotted how to entangle him in his words. 16 And they sent their disciples to him, along with the Herodians, saying, “Teacher, we know that you are true and teach the way of God truthfully, and you do not care about anyone's opinion, for you are not swayed by appearances. 17 Tell us, then, what you think. Is it lawful to pay taxes to Caesar, or not?” 18 But Jesus, aware of their malice, said, “Why put me to the test, you hypocrites? 19 Show me the coin for the tax.” And they brought him a denarius. 20 And Jesus said to them, “Whose likeness and inscription is this?” 21 They said, “Caesar's.” Then he said to them, “Therefore render to Caesar the things that are Caesar's, and to God the things that are God's.” 22 When they heard it, they marveled. And they left him and went away.

Romans 13:1-7English Standard Version (ESV)

13 Let every person be subject to the governing authorities. For there is no authority except from God, and those that exist have been instituted by God. 2 Therefore whoever resists the authorities resists what God has appointed, and those who resist will incur judgment. 3 For rulers are not a terror to good conduct, but to bad. Would you have no fear of the one who is in authority? Then do what is good, and you will receive his approval, 4 for he is God's servant for your good. But if you do wrong, be afraid, for he does not bear the sword in vain. For he is the servant of God, an avenger who carries out God's wrath on the wrongdoer. 5 Therefore one must be in subjection, not only to avoid God's wrath but also for the sake of conscience. 6 For because of this you also pay taxes, for the authorities are ministers of God, attending to this very thing. 7 Pay to all what is owed to them: taxes to whom taxes are owed, revenue to whom revenue is owed, respect to whom respect is owed, honor to whom honor is owed.

I'd be interested in seeing book, chapter, and verse that say what you have claims about property taxes.........

Is anyone offended the discussion has drifted from the original topic? I know it can be irritating to some perhaps yet happens all the time. I'm not so critical about discussions drifting....happens a lot.

The property tax enslaves a man and reduces him to a serf, and this is an assault on a man’s freedom.

I'm going to stick to the idea freedom is given man by God not the state nor Caesar. Eh? I don't see any verse in the New Testament that goes against the grain of God given freedom.

You can avoid property taxes by renting, easy way out....:)

Let's back up a bit , who owns the land? I.E. , Caesar, the statsits? I don't think so. Here is one versse out of the New Testament...

I Corinthians 10:26 Quotes Ps. 24:1 and says "The earth is the Lords and the fullness thereof."

Give unto Caesar what is Caesars. Caesar don't own the land.

The land belongs to God, not the State. A property tax is the State declaring that it owns the land, and worse than that, it is the state attempting to usurp the place of God by saying it owns the land.

A property tax is the state declaring that it owns the land. You doubt this. Just try not paying your property tax and youll see who owns the land.

http://www.mercyseat.net/bible_propertytax.html

Satan quotes Scripture out of context to prove his erroneous views, too......:p

colmes, show me a verse in the New Testament that directly references payment of property taxes. It seems to me you have flipped again compared to conversation on the subject a number of years ago.

Romans 13:6