Longhorns 2017 Thread

JustAFan11

10 hours ago, 514 said:

We are a offensive line away from being a very good team. God knows we finally know how to tackle. Could hardly watch some games last year. Some fans are just hard to please and can't see progress, and at some point I can understand.

I hope Texas can land a JUCO ( or 2 ) that can come in and be serviceable at Tackle for a couple of years to let younger guys develop and redshirt.  I'd even look into grad transfers as well.  Like was stated earlier Texas is 1 play away from beating USC and OK-STATE and had the lead in the 4th against OU and all of this with a patchwork OL and freshman QB.  I hope Texas can get to the point soon of having an OL filled of all upperclassmen who have been in the program for at least 3 years like OU.

15 hours ago, MavGrad99 said:

If that kid from Tennessee doesn’t win the Ray Guy award then people have issues

Disagree. Michael Dickson has been the best punter in college football this season. He leads the nation in avg. He's 3rd best in punts downed inside the 20 (only trails the leader by 3). Because of his hang time, opponents have only been able to return 16 of his punts. And I don't believe they keep a statistic tracking the number of punts of 60 yards or more, but I'd be willing to be he's near the top, if not at the top, of that list as well. 

15 minutes ago, Lobo97 said:

Disagree. Michael Dickson has been the best punter in college football this season. He leads the nation in avg. He's 3rd best in punts downed inside the 20 (only trails the leader by 3). Because of his hang time, opponents have only been able to return 16 of his punts. And I don't believe they keep a statistic tracking the number of punts of 60 yards or more, but I'd be willing to be he's near the top, if not at the top, of that list as well. 

His stats are wayyyy better than the other two finalists. He should win that easy.

46 minutes ago, Lobo97 said:

I was just trying to throw some hate his way mistaking him for the kicker that transferred from LSU :lol:

• LOL! 1

Dickson should be a no brainer. He has delivered exactly what Texas needed on almost every punt this year. He has repeatedly bailed out the offense when they stalled deep in their own territory. And pinned the opponent inside the 10 when the offense was stopped after crossing mid-field.