Longhorns 2017 Thread

JustAFan11

IF IF IF Orlando sticks around for a while, Texas has a chance to be best in the country type good on defense in the very near future. I didn’t know what to expect from this unit with several of the players out. Needless to say, it was an impressive performance. With the talent coming in and the talent coming back, defensively Texas will be good enough to be in the conversation for a big 12 title and playoff spot. 

9 minutes ago, Lion70 said:

Yeah he obviously is seen him twice no question he the starter

I just don't understand the reason why the UT staff keeps swapping the QBs out. IMO, you pick a starter, and stick with him. The way I put it, if you play 2 QBs, you don't have 1, and I think that Ehlinger is a more than capable player. 

6 minutes ago, H3llR4z0r said:

I just don't understand the reason why the UT staff keeps swapping the QBs out. IMO, you pick a starter, and stick with him. The way I put it, if you play 2 QBs, you don't have 1, and I think that Ehlinger is a more than capable player. 

I think they are trying to keep Buchele around next season. Ehlingers style of play will cause him to miss time because of injury. So they need a capable backup and a true freshman is not idea. 

8 minutes ago, Lion70 said:

Also you can wreck his confidence, improvement, and if it comes to that his draft stock. Chris Sims / major applewhite time is something you want to avoid at all costs. Much worse than transfering out like A&M.

The Chris Sims / Major Applewhite dilemma was a joke. Everyone knew Applewhite was better that Sims, and I'm just glad he got a chance to show it before his college career ended. 

7 minutes ago, JustAFan11 said:

I think they are trying to keep Buchele around next season. Ehlingers style of play will cause him to miss time because of injury. So they need a capable backup and a true freshman is not idea. 

I suppose that makes sense. I just think that it's cost us some games this year. But, if that's what it takes to get the ball rolling after his first season, it's worth it. We've got some interesting recruits coming in, that's for sure.

1 hour ago, H3llR4z0r said:

I suppose that makes sense. I just think that it's cost us some games this year. But, if that's what it takes to get the ball rolling after his first season, it's worth it. We've got some interesting recruits coming in, that's for sure.

I sure hope Ehlinger takes a big step forward this spring and takes the job. I saw a couple flashes last night that showed he grew up some over the season. He still has a ways to go but I, like you, think he gives Texas the best chance to win. 

• Like 1

23 minutes ago, JustAFan11 said:

I sure hope Ehlinger takes a big step forward this spring and takes the job. I saw a couple flashes last night that showed he grew up some over the season. He still has a ways to go but I, like you, think he gives Texas the best chance to win. 

Did you watch the spring game? You can tell he's drastically improved since then. He looked horrible in the spring game. I would have never thought he would play like he did later on. He's had some bumps, but he is a true freshman. People keep comparing him to Colt McCoy being a freshman, but there's no comparison in the cast. Colt was a redshirt freshman, and he also started on a team that won the national championship the year prior. Ehlinger doesn't have near the supporting cast McCoy had. 

• Like 1