Longhorns 2017 Thread

JustAFan11

I'll bite.

The prevailing theme by most pundits at the end of the Mack era was it had turned into a "country club." Whoever was hired was going to have to revamp the culture and mindset. I think Charlie succeeded is this area. I think Charlie succeeded in recruiting.

Where Charlie did not succeed the most was in staffing. I think Charlie made a good hire at OC this past year, but it was too late. Needed that kind of offense from the get go. I think he rode the Bedford train too long as well as a DC.

The man is obviously a good football coach. He got Louisville playing good ball. The defense was WAY better once he took over mid year. But he did not make good decisions around himself at critical positions and it bit him in the rear. His lack of success the first two years built up the pressure this year which resulted in losing 5 games by 1 possession.

All I took from that is he was 16-21 at Texas. I can make excuses about every coach in the game that justify about as much as that just did.

Texas picks up a commit from FW All Saints DE Max Cummins. 6'5" 250 SPARQ 40 was 4.7 and shuttle was 4.1!!

That shuttle is slightly faster than Malik. I believes he's a 2* prospect but has some good film and great agility with his size. Maybe a guy to stash away for a year or two and unleash him for a playoff run.

Texas picks up a commit from FW All Saints DE Max Cummins. 6'5" 250 SPARQ 40 was 4.7 and shuttle was 4.1!!

That shuttle is slightly faster than Malik. I believes he's a 2* prospect but has some good film and great agility with his size. Maybe a guy to stash away for a year or two and unleash him for a playoff run.

Looks like Texas is going to take about 20-21 commits, I was hoping it'd be about 17 or so with only 11 Srs. next year and save the spots for 2018 guys.

Looks like Texas is going to take about 20-21 commits, I was hoping it'd be about 17 or so with only 11 Srs. next year and save the spots for 2018 guys.

I was thinking 20. There will be more transfers I'm sure. We don't have to get to 85 until August so some guys may leave after spring if they don't like where they are on the depth chart.

I was thinking 20. There will be more transfers I'm sure. We don't have to get to 85 until August so some guys may leave after spring if they don't like where they are on the depth chart.

Think 2 more commits gets Texas to 85 so yeah their is going to have to be some attrition, like all programs their is some dead weight on the roster so we will see. Also seems to always be a surprise transfer as well. Wouldn't be surprised to see a few of the current Freshmen players transfer out.

FW All Saints has always had some real players... the league that they play in makes The athletes get lower ratings. And the tuition there is like $20k a yr....

It's the dumbest thing a coach could complain about. Strong pulled 2 top 10 classes and had a total of 7 kids from out of state, not counting the Johnson brothers from Cali since they are legacies.

This coach from SGP has his best recruit in years in Jeffery Okudah and he never really considered an in state school.

Herman has already offered more OOS kids than Strong did in 3 years. Texas will be made up of mostly Texas kids but bringing in some OOS studs is okay as well.

• Like 1

It's the dumbest thing a coach could complain about. Strong pulled 2 top 10 classes and had a total of 7 kids from out of state, not counting the Johnson brothers from Cali since they are legacies.

This coach from SGP has his best recruit in years in Jeffery Okudah and he never really considered an in state school.

Herman has already offered more OOS kids than Strong did in 3 years. Texas will be made up of mostly Texas kids but bringing in some OOS studs is okay as well.

I thought the Travis Haney story had pretty much been debunked. It sounds like only a handful of coaches got their panties in a wad. I also think Wescott Eberts' articles seem to have a somewhat anti Herman vibe, in my opinion anyway.

I thought the Travis Haney story had pretty much been debunked. It sounds like only a handful of coaches got their panties in a wad. I also think Wescott Eberts' articles seem to have a somewhat anti Herman vibe, in my opinion anyway.

Wescott continues to get worse! I used to read BON everyday, now I don't read it at all unless an article is posted elsewhere like this.

Wescott continues to get worse! I used to read BON everyday, now I don't read it at all unless an article is posted elsewhere like this.

I still read most of the articles but the comments are probably most entertaining. I can't believe how many Longhorn fans are out there p-ing and moaning over this recruiting class.

I still read most of the articles but the comments are probably most entertaining. I can't believe how many Longhorn fans are out there p-ing and moaning over this recruiting class.

If Texas keeps T. Graham and lands Chaisson and the Juco ILB then it won't be that bad of a transition class. I just hope they don't to many commits and save some spots for 2018.

If Texas keeps T. Graham and lands Chaisson and the Juco ILB then it won't be that bad of a transition class. I just hope they don't to many commits and save some spots for 2018.

IMO they need to take as many recruits as they can. When the 2016 class graduates there are going to be a lot of open spots.

So, I hope they can keep Graham, land Chaisson & Johnson and sign Stephan Zabie, Javelin Guidry and Bryan Jones.