Sooners 2017 Thread

Mr. P

Perrine going pro. Musberger love fested on Mixon last night. Cowturd loves him some whatever that QB's name in Norman is. "He's the future."

1.) BOOOOOO!!! But no, seriously... as much as I hoped he would stay, I really don't know what he could possibly do to improve his draft stock. Kid's a humble, hard worker with tremendous upside. Any NFL team would be lucky to have him.

2.) Ugh. I know I wasn't the only Sooner telling Mushburger to shut the #### up. A single mention is more than enough. The story is played out. Let it go.

3.) Baker Mayfield has the inside track for the Heisman next year. It's a shame our porous defense makes a shot at the playoffs all but impossible.

Oklahoma should be a playoff team next year. Mayfield plus the whole O-Line return.

Not a chance. OU will lose to UT, and both OSUs. Might even drop a game to one of the Kansas schools. Then mid-season Mayfield successfully petitions the NCAA for another year, immediately transfers to Tech and beats us at home. Sooners lose to Aggies 77-0 in the Independence Bowl. Bob resigns in shame. Mike is promoted to head coach. Hires John Blake as offensive coordinator. Boren comes out of the closet. Unites States annexes Puerto Rico. Trump wins third term.

Murray should've played baseball.

You and Valhalla, maybe Mathias, are right. He'll never be the starting QB for OU. WR would probably be his best fit on the gridiron. Still he should have took the guaranteed MLB draft money.

Think so? Haven't seen much film on him. Kinda hoping we get some hotshot recruit to step in and start wow-ing on the scout team.

Maybe Kingsbury will run another QB off....working out pretty good so far.

Why Lincoln Riley is the likely successor to Bob Stoops

Riley is a rarity in this profession. Fast-rising but slow-moving. He's made only two moves since leaving Muleshoe High School for his freshman year at Tech in 2002. Riley went to East Carolina in 2010, then to OU in 2015. He's not a job-hopper.
“We're very, very invested here,” Riley said. “We're not the kind of people that are just going to up and move all the time. There were some opportunities at other times in my career that I didn't do things that people told me I was crazy for. That's not us.
“If I ever gotta be the guy that's moving around every other year, I'm going to go do something else. It's not worth it to me. We're at a place we love and we definitely don't take that for granted.”

I think this is a big one. He has everything you see in a 5* guy.

I've heard some buzz about Jordan Phillips flipping to LSU.

I'll also be comforted once our WRs in this class are inked. I don't trust Rambo or Lambs verbal.

I hope Phillips sticks. OU needs every elite LB recruit that they can get.

• Mr. P locked this topic