🤢 OBAMACARE

OldSchool

LOL! Here's a prime example of government/union run anything:

Massachusetts... poor little probation office for a specific court, the probation officers have to share counter responsibility 4 hours a week... poor things... they filed a grievance. They just don't have enough time to get anything done. They only have about 20 probationers they have to keep up with each .... let's all say it together... AWWWWW!

My own contract - poor little government person really doesn't like to use the e-mail, she'd rather call and let me know when a reporter is supposed to show up, giving me only the time and date, no info. This past Monday, she got her bubble busted big time, when I pulled out the contract, sent an e-mail to her, and my contracting officer reminding her of what the contract states, and that if I didn't receive X information 48 hours before said hearing date, there would be no reporter there. I also advised Ms. Said Poor Little Thing That Doesn't Like to Use the Computer, that if she doesn't have my delivery order number to give me, (because apparently DoA has a new system that you have to input orders into the computer) so that said hearing matches with said DO from Dept. of Army, 48 hours ahead of time, once again, there will be no reporter appearing at said hearing/deposition.

Within 30 minutes, I got a call from the contracting officer (thank GAWD this guy is a true conservative), and is laughing his hindend off... he said, you know, I've been wanting to do that for years...I told him not to get me started on inept government personnel... I'd had enough of 'em!

Now, can you even imagine if we let these freaking imbicils take over healthcare...I'm freaking moving to Costa Rica or Texas better hurry up and secede!

By INVESTOR'S BUSINESS DAILY | Posted Wednesday, July 15, 2009 4:20 PM PT

Congress: It didn't take long to run into an "uh-oh" moment when reading the House's "health care for all Americans" bill. Right there on Page 16 is a provision making individual private medical insurance illegal.

IBD Exclusive Series: Government-Run Healthcare: A Prescription For Failure

When we first saw the paragraph Tuesday, just after the 1,018-page document was released, we thought we surely must be misreading it. So we sought help from the House Ways and Means Committee.

It turns out we were right: The provision would indeed outlaw individual private coverage. Under the Orwellian header of "Protecting The Choice To Keep Current Coverage," the "Limitation On New Enrollment" section of the bill clearly states:

"Except as provided in this paragraph, the individual health insurance issuer offering such coverage does not enroll any individual in such coverage if the first effective date of coverage is on or after the first day" of the year the legislation becomes law.

So we can all keep our coverage, just as promised — with, of course, exceptions: Those who currently have private individual coverage won't be able to change it. Nor will those who leave a company to work for themselves be free to buy individual plans from private carriers.

From the beginning, opponents of the public option plan have warned that if the government gets into the business of offering subsidized health insurance coverage, the private insurance market will wither. Drawn by a public option that will be 30% to 40% cheaper than their current premiums because taxpayers will be funding it, employers will gladly scrap their private plans and go with Washington's coverage.

The nonpartisan Lewin Group estimated in April that 120 million or more Americans could lose their group coverage at work and end up in such a program. That would leave private carriers with 50 million or fewer customers. This could cause the market to, as Lewin Vice President John Sheils put it, "fizzle out altogether."

What wasn't known until now is that the bill itself will kill the market for private individual coverage by not letting any new policies be written after the public option becomes law.

The legislation is also likely to finish off health savings accounts, a goal that Democrats have had for years. They want to crush that alternative because nothing gives individuals more control over their medical care, and the government less, than HSAs.

With HSAs out of the way, a key obstacle to the left's expansion of the welfare state will be removed.

The public option won't be an option for many, but rather a mandate for buying government care. A free people should be outraged at this advance of soft tyranny.

Washington does not have the constitutional or moral authority to outlaw private markets in which parties voluntarily participate. It shouldn't be killing business opportunities, or limiting choices, or legislating major changes in Americans' lives.

It took just 16 pages of reading to find this naked attempt by the political powers to increase their reach. It's scary to think how many more breaches of liberty we'll come across in the final 1,002.

LINK

What this really means is that insurance companies like Blue Cross Blue Shield, AETNA and United Healthcare can't sell any new policies or take on any new business groups after Obamacare takes effect.

In other words, they are only allowed to service their current customers. Obama and the Democrats know these private companies would basically "dry up" and go out of business.

This is what Obama means when he says you can keep your current health insurance .... until they go out of business! Talk about a misleading and dishonest characterization. This little tidbit of information should cause a firestorm across America that should kill their "public option" single payer plans!

This is the reason they are trying to pass this so fast before anybody has a chance to really look at this legislation. It makes me wonder WHAT ELSE are they hiding in the bill?

America surely won't stand for this communism!!!

Congress should be required to enroll in Obamacare
By Michelle Malkin • July 15, 2009 03:18 PM

If socialized medicine is good enough to force on American taxpayers, it’s good enough for Congress. I like this House resolution from Rep. John Fleming requiring lawmakers in Washington to enroll in any government-run health plan it decides to foist on the rest of us.

Read and sign the petition supporting House Resolution 615 here: http://www.fleming.house.gov/

Over the past few weeks, members of Congress and the American people have come to know the details of the Administration’s proposed health care plan. Call it whatever you like, this proposal is nothing more than government-run health care. As a physician, I am amazed at the number of bureaucrats in this House who are quick to claim a government-run health care plan is the reform this country needs. In response to this, I have offered a resolution that will offer members of Congress an opportunity to put their money where their mouth is, and urge their colleagues who vote for legislation creating a government-run health care plan to lead by example and enroll themselves in the same public plan.

Under the current draft of the Democrat healthcare legislation, members of Congress are curiously exempt from the government-run health care option, keeping their existing health plans and services on Capitol Hill. If Members of Congress believe so strongly that government-run health care is the best solution for hard working American families, I think it only fitting that Americans see them lead the way. Public servants should always be accountable and responsible for what they are advocating, and I challenge the American people to demand this from their representatives.

If you agree with me, sign our online petition below and together we will work to ensure that any plan that is good enough is for American families is good enough for every member of Congress.

On 7/16/2009 at 7:21 PM, jayde said:

Congress should be required to enroll in Obamacare
By Michelle Malkin • July 15, 2009 03:18 PM

If socialized medicine is good enough to force on American taxpayers, it’s good enough for Congress. I like this House resolution from Rep. John Fleming requiring lawmakers in Washington to enroll in any government-run health plan it decides to foist on the rest of us.

Read and sign the petition supporting House Resolution 615 here: http://www.fleming.house.gov/

Over the past few weeks, members of Congress and the American people have come to know the details of the Administration’s proposed health care plan. Call it whatever you like, this proposal is nothing more than government-run health care. As a physician, I am amazed at the number of bureaucrats in this House who are quick to claim a government-run health care plan is the reform this country needs. In response to this, I have offered a resolution that will offer members of Congress an opportunity to put their money where their mouth is, and urge their colleagues who vote for legislation creating a government-run health care plan to lead by example and enroll themselves in the same public plan.

Under the current draft of the Democrat healthcare legislation, members of Congress are curiously exempt from the government-run health care option, keeping their existing health plans and services on Capitol Hill. If Members of Congress believe so strongly that government-run health care is the best solution for hard working American families, I think it only fitting that Americans see them lead the way. Public servants should always be accountable and responsible for what they are advocating, and I challenge the American people to demand this from their representatives.

If you agree with me, sign our online petition below and together we will work to ensure that any plan that is good enough is for American families is good enough for every member of Congress.

I fully support this bill, which will never make it out of committee......

I think it should be required that all Senators and Congressmen test this out by having their healthcare run by V.A. Hospitals. They should see firsthand how our Vets are being treated. They should have to wait for care like the rest them.

I think it should be required that all Senators and Congressmen test this out by having their healthcare run by V.A. Hospitals. They should see firsthand how our Vets are being treated. They should have to wait for care like the rest them.

From some of the stories i've heard from friends of mine about the V.A. -- Congress would change their minds in a heartbeat.

coltsboy said:
So that means entrepenuers are pretty much screwed when it comes to insurance? Is that an accurate assessment?

Hummmm, not quite...being an entrepreneur, there's way around things...

My sister works with one set of the heart team doctors in Tyler...they're PO'd, needless to say, and they're fixing to be changing their charges/pay, etc. but only if this abomination occurs...

My other sister works with Children's Hospital in Houston and another hospital in Lufkin and one in Nacogdoches... they're also fixing to turn the tide, but not until after the fact.

Our local physician is also fed up... and they're going to change things as well....

If there's a will, there's a way. The State of Texas needs to come up QUICKLY with some way to bypass this medical mess, along with cap and trade...one way to keep the libs out of our state!!!!

I suggest everybody start tucking some money back for your medical expenses... it's coming, one way or another...and BEFORE you have any procedure, WHATSOEVER, no matter if it's a simple doctor visit, surgery, whatever... you GET WITH THE DOCTOR and you say, HEY, HOW MUCH WILL YOU CHARGE ME... and make deals!!!!!!!! Very doable, and they'll do it; if they won't, find somebody else who will!!!!!

I suggest everybody start tucking some money back for your medical expenses... it's coming, one way or another...and BEFORE you have any procedure, WHATSOEVER, no matter if it's a simple doctor visit, surgery, whatever... you GET WITH THE DOCTOR and you say, HEY, HOW MUCH WILL YOU CHARGE ME... and make deals!!!!!!!! Very doable, and they'll do it; if they won't, find somebody else who will!!!!!

Thats bad that we are gonna have to start haggling Doctors the same way you do the guy at the Flea Market.

• Mr. P changed the title to 🤢 OBAMACARE