🤢 OBAMACARE

OldSchool

• 1 month later...

http://www.onenewsnow.com/Politics/Default.aspx?id=657860

FactCheck.org says the National Right to Life Committee is correct concerning abortion provisions in ObamaCare.

According to FactCheck.org, President Barack Obama was right to a "limited extent" when he stated that his healthcare reform plan does not allow for "government-funded abortion." Although FactCheck.org states that under H.R. 3200 federal money is not used to fund abortion, under the public insurance option there is a provision for abortion coverage -- as well as provisions for government-subsidized public and private insurance plans that cover what are described as "reproductive services."

Douglas Johnson, legislative director for the Washington, DC-based National Right to Life, says the president purposely neglected to tell the whole story.

"Well, President Obama really brazenly misrepresented the abortion-related components of this bill that his congressional allies have crafted and that his staff had a role in," Johnson contends.

"As the bill was amended by the House Energy and Commerce Committee on July 30, it includes something called the Capps amendment which was put in by the pro-abortion side. And it explicitly authorizes the government plan to cover all elective abortions -- explicitly."

The Capps amendment has proposed by Congresswoman Lois Capps (D-California) as a supposed "compromise" on the abortion issue as it relates to healthcare reform. Johnson doubts Capps was trying to limit abortion funding, telling LifeNews.com that the California Democrat has never cast a pro-life vote in her 11+ years in Congress.

Johnson believes Obama, in trying to squelch discussion on abortion coverage, tried to hide behind a technical distinction between tax funds and government-collected premiums -- both of which, the pro-life activist notes, are collected and spent by government agencies.

• 5 weeks later...

Obamacare: Buy insurance or go to jail!

Flout the mandate penalty? Face the IRS

Americans who fail to pay the penalty for not buying insurance would face legal action from the Internal Revenue Service, according to the Joint Committee on Taxation.

The remarks Thursday from the committee's chief of staff, Thomas Barthold, seems to further weaken President Barack Obama's contention last week that the individual mandate penalty, which could go as high as $1,900, is not a tax increase.

Under questioning from Sen. John Ensign (R-Nev.), Barthold said the IRS would "take you to court and undertake normal collection proceedings."

Ensign pursued the line of questioning because he said a lot of Americans don't believe the Constitution allows the government to mandate the purchase of insurance.

"We could be subjecting those very people who conscientiously, because they believe in the U.S. Constitution, we could be subjecting them to fines or the interpretation of a judge, all the way up to imprisonment," Ensign said. "That seems to me to be a problem."

Ensign's argument , however, wasn't persuasive to the committee -- which rejected an amendment from Sen. Jim Bunning (R-Ky.) to eliminate the individual mandate.

Sen. Olympia Snowe (R-Maine) was the only Republican to vote with Democrats to preserve the mandate.

September 25, 2009

Ensign receives handwritten confirmation

This doesn't happen often enough.

Sen. John Ensign (R-Nev.) received a handwritten note Thursday from Joint Committee on Taxation Chief of Staff Tom Barthold confirming the penalty for failing to pay the up to $1,900 fee for not buying health insurance.

Violators could be charged with a misdemeanor and could face up to a year in jail or a $25,000 penalty, Barthold wrote on JCT letterhead. He signed it "Sincerely, Thomas A. Barthold."

The note was a follow-up to Ensign's questioning at the markup.

http://www.politico.com/livepulse/0909/Ens...n_.html?showall

Dont have car insurance in Texas. Get stopped by law enforcement. Get arrested. Whats the difference?

You've really outdone yourself this time. 4 Consecutive sentence fragments. No to mention that you are, as always, completely off base. I won't even bother to tell you why. You're not bright enough to understand the difference, even if it's explained to you.

Dont have car insurance in Texas. Get stopped by law enforcement. Get arrested. Whats the difference?

You're impressed by this. Do you realize how much of a burden this is going to place on many people ? This will not affect the Rich, Upper Middle Class, or Middle Class. The health care program is going to hurt those that are working lower paying jobs.

Do you realize that we'll be filling up jails with the lower working class, because they can't put food on the table because of the cost of socialized healthcare ? I suppose if you want the government to take care of you, prison is the place.

They cant put food on the table now...

Maybe that's why BHO is getting all the prisons ready for those that can't afford his healthcare, and not right wing extremeist. BHO's healthcare plan is not going to be free for the lower class or the middle class, there will be a cost to both them and their employers. If they have to pay for mandated healthcare, I suppose they'll starve to death. You see money doesn't grow on trees, and the value of money isn't made by printing more of it. Perhaps you should have paid attention in your Economics class, instead of clowning around.

I donate to food banks, but the government wants to take that privilege away from me. They think that they can run charities better than organizations can. It takes hard work and making your own breaks. Nobody but you can do that. The only person that you can depend upon is you. God only opens doors if you're willing to work hard for them. We can thank Adam for that. If you want to eat, you have to do so by the sweat of your brow. You can't depend on anyone, but yourself to make it in this world.

If you think the government is going to take care of you, and give you your slice of the pie for not doing anything. You are wrong. The government as ruled by Democrats is going to take as many tax dollars that they can out of your pocket to run their machine. Do you think BHO is going to take you to Martha's Vineyard next summer ? Do you think he's going to give you a clunker to drive around town ?

The Democrats aren't going to give you anything but promises. Medicare and Medicaid are almost broke, and they are only surviving on float. Float has basically stopped in the private sector, because of the electronic age. I don't think you'll understand any of this. You seem to think that the government can create a Utopia out of thin air. Economics doesn't work that way.

Car insurance protects the OTHER DRIVER AND THEIR PROPERTY aka Liability- mandatory in the State of Texas

Car insurance prtoects the lender aka Collision- mandatory if you get a loan on the automobile.

You figure out the difference Bubba.

They're already talking about it being unconstitutional... guess it would come under the heading of the 10th and 14th Amendments....

You can betcha with all the broohahah that's going on... somebody's going to hire a constitutional lawyer and this is going to get hairy... which is a good thing!!!!!!!!!!!

I'm just kind of wondering what our "governors" are doing at this point and their thinking....which again, we come to the point of why it's so important of WHO IS OR IS NOT our next Governor of the State of Texas.

Guest Sideliner

Choice # 1. Health care for all Americans.

Choice # 2. Big profits for insurance companies.

You decide.

Choice # 1. Health care for all Americans.

Choice # 2. Big profits for insurance companies.

You decide.

Choice No. 1 - questions to same.

1) Which Americans?

2) Why should we do it?

3) What's the cost?

4) Who's going to pay for it?

5) Healthcare is a choice, not a prerequisite, so why are they making it mandatory?

6) What will it do to businesses who provide healthcare?

Choice No. 2 - comments on same

1) They are a capitalist business.

2) If you run a business, you need to be able to make money

3) If you have big profits - well, good for you. It's called capitalism.

4) Should they not be greedy - sure.

5) If they are greedy, and people sign up for their coverage, well then ya know

6) I'd rather have healthcare with a HUGE company that makes HUGE profits, and has billions upon billions of money set aside to pay for claims.

Or I suggest choice No. 3:

1) Tort reform - not mess about, but really do something.

2) Allow insurance companies to go across state lines.

3) And fix the dad-blasted waste and abuse we have now in Medicare and Medicaid, make the system run better.

Do that, let's sit and wait for 3-4 years, and then we'll see.

Guest Sideliner

Tort reform = Bigger profits for insurance companies.

Has the recent tort reform in Texas caused insurance rates to decline? NO!

Tort reform = Bigger profits for insurance companies.

Has the recent tort reform in Texas caused insurance rates to decline? NO!

Maybe, maybe not. However, let's not go all willy nilly and create a bigger fiasco, with more taxpayer waste, and less credible healthcare for all. Let's fix the system we have first, and then go from there.

And if you institute across state line, ALL insurance companies will have to compete, which drives the price down... that's a given.

And, Sideliner, nothing personal, but if you don't have healthcare, it's not up to me to pay for your's, nor is it up to you to pay for mine.

Looks like the draft to come out of committee will be a tax bill on medical benefits. Your boss gives you health insurance? Its fixing to be taxed. I guess this way, you say what the heck, drop it and get on the govt run one or go to jail. Real clear.

They're already talking about it being unconstitutional... guess it would come under the heading of the 10th and 14th Amendments....

You can betcha with all the broohahah that's going on... somebody's going to hire a constitutional lawyer and this is going to get hairy... which is a good thing!!!!!!!!!!!

I'm just kind of wondering what our "governors" are doing at this point and their thinking....which again, we come to the point of why it's so important of WHO IS OR IS NOT our next Governor of the State of Texas.

I wouldn't count on any help from the Supreme Court. They just recently ignored every law on the books concerning bankruptcy law and ruled in favor of Obama's government take overs and bailouts of the auto industry. Sadly, they will probably do the same thing with health care reform and ignore the constitution and the law!

• 3 years later...
  • Mr. P changed the title to 🤢 OBAMACARE