🤢 OBAMACARE

OldSchool

1 hour ago, Wild74 said:

You can't get anything without going to a doctor and that is understandable because some medicines like steroids is bad for you over a long period of time but they sure work in the short term. Insurance, hospital and government just as well be one and the same they all work within a system and I pay more because of it

If you don't have a prescription for the drugs you buy, don't get caught coming across with them. 

1 hour ago, CENTEXFAN said:

Yes, that is why tons of people vacation there.

What does people visiting have to do with the mismanagement of their local governments?  That has nothing to do with the average people who live there and are suffering from liberal mismanagement of these cities ... You will have to do better than that ....

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Wild74 said:

I know how cheap the medicine is, my wife while on a cruise bought a bunch of antibiotic over the counter without a prescription and some steroids 

Did she try and slip some wacky week back in the country for you? ... lol ....

• Like 1

24 minutes ago, DannyZuco said:

Didn't Pelosi give the best answer for why these people keep getting elected. Because the electorate is so stupid a glass of water with a "D" by it would win in those areas. I think Pelosi was right. 

Plus, Centexfan, can you name one government program that actually works, runs in the black, that doesn't make you wait, fill out too much paper work? Please just one that pays for itself, without costing the taxpayers, the actual workers of this country? Come on man, we are waiting. 

Try looking up healthcare in Germany,  Sweden,  Norway,  France, Japan,  UK,  etc...  They spend less and get more care. Not everything should be about profit.  

• Stinks 2

15 minutes ago, CENTEXFAN said:

Maybe we should copy it.  Maybe the government should represent the people instead of corporations including pharmaceutical companies.

Not what I mean. I mean our costs are high because we subsidize other countries.

39 minutes ago, CENTEXFAN said:

Maybe we should copy it.  Maybe the government should represent the people instead of corporations including pharmaceutical companies.

Here you go CENTEXFAN thinking of you while I read this article

Drug Company to Pay Just $15.4 Million Over Doctor Bribery Scandal . . .
Gizmodo ^ | June 5, 2019 | Matt Novak 

Posted on 6/6/2019, 3:10:11 PM by Governor Dinwiddie

Mallinckrodt Pharmaceuticals announced today that the company expects to pay $15.4 million in a settlement with the U.S. Justice Department after allegations that Questcor Pharmaceuticals, which Mallinckrodt acquired in 2014, had bribed doctors and their staff to prescribe an incredibly expensive drug.

Two whistleblowers came forward in April to accuse Questcor of trying to boost profits for Acthar, a medication primarily for infants with seizures. Questcor raised the price of the medication by almost 100,000 percent (not a typo) from just $40 in 2000 to $38,892 today, despite the fact that Acthar has been on the market since 1952. Mallinckrodt currently rakes in about $1 billion per year from Acthar, according to CNN.

(Excerpt) Read more at gizmodo.com ...

9 hours ago, Wild74 said:

Medicare for all is a joke to start with, right now Medicare is losing money and that is with people who are working paying into the fund. If everyone was on it and that includes young people the cost would be well over a $1000 per month per person with a deductible around $3000 to $5000 with a out of pocket max of $10,000 to $15000, Bernie is just blowing smoke up peoples rumps  

If that happened then those that are retired that need it would be screaming until it was repealed.  Who needs healthcare the most ?  The young and elderly.  It would destroy them.  

• 1 month later...
8 minutes ago, TheNameIsDalton said:

Why?

Obamacare gave people with pre-existing conditions healthcare without penalty.  The replacement has to the exact same thing for people with pre-existing conditions.   Republicans replacement plan in 2018 didn't , and on comes the Democratic party in 2020.

Just now, GunnyHighway said:

There are people out there to ignorant to contemplate it.

Fact is Obama Care is more popular that Trump or either political party.

Ironic isn't it. the thing that was to bring the whole us economy to a halt is not more popular than ever ten years later. 

It was how bad the Republicans plan was that made Obamacare more popular than ever.  It would kicked off an enormous amount of people with pre-existing conditions.   That would have resulted in many deaths.  It is the reason why Republicans won't talk about healthcare until AFTER 2020 elections. 

3 minutes ago, GunnyHighway said:

Ironic isn't it. the thing that was to bring the whole us economy to a halt is not more popular than ever ten years later. 

Uh no it’s not 

13 minutes ago, GunnyHighway said:

They spent $650 million on a website that had problems from the start. I'm a software engineer who has made a career working on the web side. They could have given me the $650 million and probably gotten a better result.

We were promised lower premiums, too. Didn't happen.

7 minutes ago, GunnyHighway said:

Its more popular than Trump.

Multiple polls show it

https://www.nbcnews.com/think/opinion/trump-wants-kill-obamacare-because-it-s-more-popular-he-ncna988816https://www.vox.com/policy-and-politics/2017/1/20/14335268/obamacare-more-popular-than-trump-poll

now you would not know that listening to Rush Limbaugh and Alex Jones but its true.

Even Fox News has a poll about it being more popular

No it isn’t.  

You realize Trumps approval rating with republicans is higher than Obama’s ever was with Dems.  

You are not smart.  

Just now, GunnyHighway said:

So let me get this straight. polls are fake unless they show what you want about trump.

you just touted numbers among republicans. so those polls are real? but the polls showing obamacare more popular than trump are fake? LOL

Well, they sure as hell dropped the ball on Hillary’s 15 point lead now didn’t they Gunny?

So to keep this simple.  I don’t care what poll you pull out your rear to convince us that the worst healthcare act in history is “more popular” than the guy who is going to win 2020 in a landslide.  

I suppose because there's nothing in the constitution giving the federal government the authority to play the role of doctor and cradle to grave nanny,  which makes this a very complicated and thorny issue.  Numerous senators have stated that should zerocare be struck down since it's no longer a tax (individual mandate was stripped away) that there will be a bipartisan effort to pass legislation to protect the 2 most popular pieces of zerocare (pre-existing conditions and allowing "kids" to stay on parents insurance until 26.).   I've little doubt that this would easily pass both chambers and would be signed by the President.