District 16 4A basketball... How does it shape up?

Roughrider78

January 13 Boys Games
Center 50 Henderson 25
Tatum 76 Rusk 57
Boys District Standings as 1/13/17
Tatum 1-0
Center 1-0
Henderson 0-1
Rusk 0-1
Carthage 0-0
January 13 Girls Games

Tatum 73 Rusk 36

Henderson 43 Center 41

Tatum 2&0

Rusk 1&1

Henderson 1&0

Carthage 0&1

Center 0&2

Carthage played no boys basketball until the fb season ended.The girls are 1-1 they beat Center and were beaten by Tatum

Yea I was almost certain of that. All our players, even most of what would make up the sub-varsity teams, were on the football team during the playoff run. Might have had a freshman team, but there were 3-4 freshman that probably played BB on the sidelines during the football playoffs as well.

Yea I was almost certain of that. All our players, even most of what would make up the sub-varsity teams, were on the football team during the playoff run. Might have had a freshman team, but there were 3-4 freshman that probably played BB on the sidelines during the football playoffs as well.

Plus all of the bb coaches coach fb as well

Plus all of the bb coaches coach fb as well

Yep that what is says in that article I posted from the Panola Watchman. Lol. That is funny to me. Even the basketball coaches, are football coaches. I am pretty sure all the baseball coaches coach football now too. I don't think Goldman coached football when he was here coaching baseball, but Scott Lee always did. I can never remember the head basketball coach coaching football before now.

That shows you had bad the program is. If you don't have enough in just basketball offseason including all grades the program is down.

Maybe the kids want to get the full hs experience and play/participate in all the activities they can. I didn't realize that doing so and not specializing in one sport was a problem or an idication that a program was down.

Maybe the kids want to get the full hs experience and play/participate in all the activities they can. I didn't realize that doing so and not specializing in one sport was a problem or an idication that a program was down.

I agree. Plus we have never been some basketball power even before when we had kids and coaches who only played or coached basketball. Couple of good seasons here and there, but nothing consistent. I like the fact that 10 of the 12 varsity players are also on the football team, and that all the coaches are also football coaches.

But the Dawgs have started the season 7-1. Let's see what happens in district. Never know.

That shows you had bad the program is. If you don't have enough in just basketball offseason including all grades the program is down.

And how many of the Etx bb teams with an offseason bb program have won championships..Has all of the extra practice helped Henderson become a dominate basketball team?...NOPE..with the early fb playoff exits or not making the playoffs all together the lions should dominate and compete for state every yr but they dont

And how many of the Etx bb teams with an offseason bb program have won championships..Has all of the extra practice helped Henderson become a dominate basketball team?...NOPE..with the early fb playoff exits or not making the playoffs all together the lions should dominate and compete for state every yr but they dont

You are so dead wrong that it's laughable. What does Henderson have to do with any of this? It's no secret their program has been down for years (coaching).

The point is there should be at least 10-12 (if not more) players in BB offseason 9-12 grades that a team can be made of.

When your program starts going down the kids normally choose not to participate. It's not brain science.

You are so dead wrong that it's laughable. What does Henderson have to do with any of this? It's no secret their program has been down for years (coaching).

The point is there should be at least 10-12 (if not more) players in BB offseason 9-12 grades that a team can be made of.

When your program starts going down the kids normally choose not to participate. It's not brain science.

Ok can you read? Did you not see were the article stated that the bb coaches were fb coaches? Who's gonna run the offseason program that we "should" have?..I'm glad you got it figured out...lol..i think we Carthage fans will keep things the way they are..Winning and ticking off a couple of other fan bases...and unless you are from Tenaha..Tatum(somtimes) or White Oak offseason bb hasn't made much of a difference

Ok can you read? Did you not see were the article stated that the bb coaches were fb coaches? Who's gonna run the offseason program that we "should" have?..I'm glad you got it figured out...lol..i think we Carthage fans will keep things the way they are..Winning and ticking off a couple of other fan bases...and unless you are from Tenaha..Tatum(somtimes) or White Oak offseason bb hasn't made much of a difference

Okay I will go real slow. BB offseason is a class period during school hours. When they can start practicing after school the BB coach is released from his football duties unless he doesn't have enough to even practice. When he doesn't have enough to practice the program is down period. It's no secret Carthage and Henderson programs have been down for some time now. Why would a kid want to play for a team that normally doesn't make the playoffs when he can go play AAU?

All of this can be said about baseball as well.

Okay I will go real slow. BB offseason is a class period during school hours. When they can start practicing after school the BB coach is released from his football duties unless he doesn't have enough to even practice. When he doesn't have enough to practice the program is down period. It's no secret Carthage and Henderson programs have been down for some time now. Why would a kid want to play for a team that normally doesn't make the playoffs when he can go play AAU?

All of this can be said about baseball as well.

The problem with that is the bb coaches here teach real classes...science...gov't..history etc and some are on different campuses