District 16 4A basketball... How does it shape up?

Roughrider78

Congratulations to the PG Hawks they definitely had the Better team tonight.

they have a real nice gym and a fancy scoreboard that will keep up with 5 or 6 players fouls

But the score keepers were not able to put even the current person fouling number on the board.

Which one fits the situation.

1. Not smart enough

2. Just didn't care about doing a good job.

3. was not paid enough to add another number to board.

4. by not adding the numbers they might keep a player in the game that would have fouled out.

this is the impression it gives especially not putting the current person who just fouled in lights.

Looks like if you wanted to play at home so bad you would have made sure the scoreboard was working

and would have someone on the clock/scoreboard that was smart enough to run it.

The clock continued to run once or more times while a player was shooting from the line.

Again congratulations to the Hawks on the win you had the better team Friday night.

Funny from the PG v Tatum game.

In the first half, both teams reached double bonus. but no notice of who made the fouls, one cannot always see the ref hand signal to the scorekeeper.

In the second half, hardly any fouls were called. one team, I think only had 3 fouls.

A 9-year-old girl asked the official (she was sitting on front row 4 feet above the court, he was right next to the wall) who hadn't blown his whistle.

Did you get your Ref license at a water park, you are letting everything slide

Just had not heard that one before and coming from a 9-year-old girl.

they have a real nice gym and a fancy scoreboard that will keep up with 5 or 6 players fouls

But the score keepers were not able to put even the current person fouling number on the board.

1. Not smart enough

4. by not adding the numbers they might keep a player in the game that would have fouled out.

this is the impression it gives especially not putting the current person who just fouled in lights.

Looks like if you wanted to play at home so bad you would have made sure the scoreboard was working

The clock continued to run once or more times while a player was shooting from the line.

Again congratulations to the Hawks on the win you had the better team Friday night.

YMMV, but in every gym I've seen a game in during this season, many have the "player fouls board" but I haven't seen it being utilized once.

As for the clock running when it shouldn't be, I saw that happening too many times to count

1. Not smart enough

Evidently they looked at how you updated scores and standings on SDC and thought " What does it matter" ?

The bottom line is who are you to talk about anything when it comes to sports!

YMMV, but in every gym I've seen a game in during this season, many have the "player fouls board" but I haven't seen it being utilized once.

As for the clock running when it shouldn't be, I saw that happening too many times to count

It's a lot of extra work to keep a full functional scoreboard updated. Most scoreboard operators aren't capable of all the inputted that has to be done. Paris does, and it really helps keep fans involved with the game.

Lol you know that was a proud Daddy moment right there. Personally I would have loved it.

Not my daughter, but the dad was proud.

He said the funny thing was she had been doing a lot of pushing off herself the night before in a little dribblers game.

Congrats Riders on a awesome season. Y'all played your hearts out and you left it all on the court. Riders fans are very proud of y'all and there's nothing to hold your heads down about. GO RIDERS!!

• Like 1

Ask anyone from Paris who watched our game and they will tell you Center was robbed. I had numerous people from Paris tell me at the Paris - Argyle game that we should have been the ones there playing. One was a retired referee from Paris and he said it was very bad referees. So, you just don't. You weren't there so you didn't see it.

I just find out last night. Tatum Boys Basketball finish 15-20 this year first losing season in over 10 years. 15-20 this wasn't directions that i was hoping for. I bet the next couple years it will get worst unless Brett Carr and his staff do something about this and get their boys back in a winning shape before it gets worst or Brett Carr needs to retire again he just not the winning type like he use to years ago. By the way i bet the JV, Freshman, 8th Grade, and 7th Grade team got worst this year. Because not a single won't make those boys win. Except they don't have a 3pt shooter or no one is over 6'5.