2017 2A softball Thread.

bigj

10-4 Carthage vs Grapeland. Not bad for the first 2 scrimmages against two really good teams. Will hopefully get our full squad out there Saturday for the three games. I think he's looking for a third team this Saturday because Brook hill can't play because of basketball. So if your high school is interested you'll get Teague, Huntington, and Grapeland. All three will be playoff teams and have good pitching.

Grapeland played 7 innings vs Huntington. Lost 3-1. One to many mistakes and couldn't get the clutch hit with runners in scoring position. 2nd 7 inning game lost 8-3. We were up 3-1 the whole game and gave up the lead in the last inning. Couple mistake kept the inning going. Loaded the bases three different innings, and couldn't come up with the big hit. Overall we played very well for a scrimmage. We will not see a pitcher like the one Huntington or Carthage had in the 2A level. Maybe at the state tournament, but not our region.

Westwood 3-0 over Grapeland. Grapeland 5 Normangee 0. Trinity 2 Grapeland 1. Played without the basketball girls and more. A lot of kids got a lot of experience today. Cadie threw a 1 hitter vs Westwood, Normangee, and a 2 hitter vs Trinity. Awesome performance by the freshman today. We left 10+ on the base each game. Just waiting for those bats to heat up.

I'm only dealt with one coach that did not honor there agreement in the last ten years and yes she committed a very young age. On national signing day. She received the paper work and it was supposed to be 53% but turn out to be 20%. Just put it like this it was a bad deal. But that player has played one year of juco and now is on her 2nd year. She has offers from South Alabama, Northwestern st, and a few others.

The lowest I'm ever dealt with was 20% and I'm dealt with a lot. But it's also the kids you have that your helping get recruited.

I'm promise you this at the elite level we talk to the college coaches, and they tell us to have the parent, and player call them all the time. Had them as young as 7th grade calling coaches and getting commitment with a number, and 5 years later they held there end of the deal up. I started working with Trinity Cannon at the age of 11. Shes the top 2020 recruit in the nation, and she started calling them in 7th grade. She committed in 8th to Texas A&M and has 80% offer. Morgan McCullough will be the starting SS for Kentucky this year committed as a freshman, and they offered her 75% and they held there end of deal, same with my Washington commit that committed in 8th grade the list goes on. There's all kinds of loop holes and they find them. People complain about them recruiting young and say it's to young. But in all my years not one girl has quit the game, and it didn't effect them in any way.

. Trinity Cannon is not the top 2020 recruit in the nation, the #1 2020 plays on my daughter's travel team, and Trinity Cannon is on that team as well. With that said, Trinity is a great player.

I know both players very well. My opinion she's the best power hitter and best recruit in the nation.. flo softball also just one person, and there opinion is Jayda Coleman. Coach against her. Many people and coaches believe Trinity is the top 2020. Either one can be considered the best. Ondeck, flo softball, and scout. All have different top 2020.

Jada is the most versatile player in that class, she can play any position with the exception of pitcher, and I wouldn't bet against her doing that. If I had to pick it would be Jada, also the best power hitter in that class is Hayden Brown (LSU), also on our team. I'm just glad they are playing with us, should give our pitchers plenty of run support.

I first seen Trinity at a first year 12u tournament when my daughter first started playing at the elite level, and I remember thinking wow are they all like this lol. This should be a fun season this spring at first year 16u, and with the edition of Trinity, we should make a run for a PGF title. Fingers crossed

• 3 weeks later...

What was the scores vs Timpson, and Alto? trueblue82

Someone told me to watch out for Woden they got a move in that plays for Impact gold Jackson. I think she pitches. Has anyone seen them play?

What was the scores vs Timpson, and Alto? trueblue82

Someone told me to watch out for Woden they got a move in that plays for Impact gold Jackson. I think she pitches. Has anyone seen them play?

I don't have any recent scores. I haven't had the chance to catch a game yet. I would think Woden would be in the same district with you guys, but who knows? They are in our baseball district.

I thought I heard the Lexi hit her 12th homer in that game, is that true?

Very likely. My understanding is that the Wells pitcher struggled to throw strikes, but when she did, they looked like grapefruits. Lexi and Hana can both hit it a country mile.