2017 2A softball Thread.

bigj

Ok, so it's Grapeland vs. Alto, Joaquin vs. Latexo, and Cushing/ Douglas vs. Lovelady/ Neches. I wonder where we'll play Latexo? What can we expect from them?

Mid 50 pitcher can hit 60 on the gun. But stays around 55. No defense behind her.. Maybe two sticks in the line up. The two games I seen they did not hit the ball.

Mid 50 pitcher can hit 60 on the gun. But stays around 55. No defense behind her.. Maybe two sticks in the line up. The two games I seen they did not hit the ball.

I'm picking Joaquin, Grapeland, Lovelady, and Cushing to advance, if Cushing plays Neches.

Pretty accurate scouting report right there from what I saw also. If you stay off her riseball, you take away her best pitch by far. She is their best hitter also. Not many sticks in their line up. Defense isnt very strong. No offense to our friends and players in Latexo, but y'all shouldnt have any trouble with them at all.

Region 4 and that's hands down the best region. The game was 1-1 until the 6th. I think a passed ball scored the run to win. Grapeland wanted a game at there place in a tough environment. I like that idea!

Region 4 and that's hands down the best region. The game was 1-1 until the 6th. I think a passed ball scored the run to win. Grapeland wanted a game at there place in a tough environment. I like that idea!

Good games make for mentally tough teams.

Lovelady vs Cushing. 1 game tonight 4/27 at 6:00 pm at Nacogdoches High School. TrueBlue, what should I expect from Cushing?

I honestly don't know. I haven't seen them this year. Their girls are usually fundamentally strong. They will play good defense, and they won't swing at bad pitches. Coach McMichael is a good coach.

Maud 10 Detroit 3.

Colmesneil 12 Brookland 1

Rivercrest 15 Bowie 1

West Sabine 10 Groveton 0 kinda shock on that one also.

Big Sandy 14 Shelbyville 7. Kinda shock on that score to. I thought Shelbyville was better.

Cayuga 8 Price Carlisle 5.

Maud 10 Detroit 3.

Colmesneil 12 Brookland 1

Rivercrest 15 Bowie 1

West Sabine 10 Groveton 0 kinda shock on that one also.

Big Sandy 14 Shelbyville 7. Kinda shock on that score to. I thought Shelbyville was better.

Cayuga 8 Price Carlisle 5.

I know WS/ Groveton is a series.

Joaquin vs. Latexo, bi-district, best of 3 series.

Game 1 6:00 p.m. Friday. Game 2 2:00 p.m. Saturday, Game 3 30 minutes later, if needed. All games at Nacogdoghes High School.

Joaquin wins Game 1 7-0. Game 2 has been moved up to 12:00 noon, due to threat of bad weather later in the day.