Time to Boycott Pizza Hut

RETIREDFAN1

What was the old pizza place across from Longview Mall? Mazzios or Mr. Gatti's? Those old Johnny's pizza commercials on KSLA used to look good.

They have a Johnny's in longview now. I have a Johnny's in Shreveport that is the only one I eat at.

Can't remember the name of the place but it's been on tv a few times. Place in Colorado called Beejou's or something similar. They featured a deep dish pizza that was extremely hardy. Kinda perfect crunch on outer part of the crust but it was so thick that it was soft, especially at the bottom. Also there's a layer of cheese a half inch thick above the crust that gets caramelized into the crispy part of the crust at the top. One slice was really all you need but you'll eat another slice just to get to that crust again. So the second time you eat the crust it's cooled down a bit and it's less soft this time around and a little more chewy. Like bagelish almost. That place wasn't too bad. But it was packed.

What was the old pizza place across from Longview Mall? Mazzios or Mr. Gatti's? Those old Johnny's pizza commercials on KSLA used to look good.

Mr. Gatti's. I still remember the Pizza shop in the Mall across from Alladin's Castle "Pietro's Pizza". That was the best pizza by the slice back in the day.

wild may still make those in Waskom with a black market secret ingredient, special kind of herb sprinkled on top. lol

We weren't that high falutin. We'd get some spaghetti sauce, mozzarella, packaged pepperoni and English muffins and make homemade mini pizzas.

We weren't that high falutin. We'd get some spaghetti sauce, mozzarella, packaged pepperoni and English muffins and make homemade mini pizzas.

My Momma would use biscuit dough for pizza's with Ragu as the pizza sauce, and for pancakes with Karo syrup. I didn't complain. That was back in the 70's. We didn't even eat frozen pizza (Totino's) until the early 80's. I didn't think they were very good pizza's, and one of the reasons I became a delivery driver for Pizza Inn (including the money) in 1987.