Your Top Teenager Albums

Stoney

I'm a Country Music fan to the bone; My Favorites were Merle Haggard, George Jones, Willie Nelson, Charlie Pride, Vern Gosdin, Conway Twitty, Floyd Cramer? Yep, ! Don Williams, Jerry Lee Lewis, Boots Randolf ( the Saxophone guy) Ray Price, Mickey Gilley, Gene Watson, Gary Stewart, Ronnie Milsap, Ray Charles , Tammy Wynette, Loretta Lynn, Patsy Cline, Crystal Gayle, Barbara Mandrell, Juice Newton & Miss Emmy Lou Harris... I never cared for the Head Banging Acid Rock crowd with a few exceptions I enjoyed under the influence of "herbal enhancements..."

• Like 2

I'm a Country Music fan to the bone; My Favorites were Merle Haggard, George Jones, Willie Nelson, Charlie Pride, Vern Gosdin, Conway Twitty, Floyd Cramer? Yep, ! Don Williams, Jerry Lee Lewis, Boots Randolf ( the Saxophone guy) Ray Price, Mickey Gilley, Gene Watson, Gary Stewart, Ronnie Milsap, Ray Charles , Tammy Wynette, Loretta Lynn, Patsy Cline, Crystal Gayle, Barbara Mandrell, Juice Newton & Miss Emmy Lou Harris... I never cared for the Head Banging Acid Rock crowd with a few exceptions I enjoyed under the influence of "herbal enhancements..."

I don't mind classic country, but it wasn't something I'd go cruising down 80 back in the day. I did have some softer rock ballads on a mix tape back in the day for when me and my girl we getting randy to set the mood, but no Barry White. Usually it was the 80's power ballads by of the day, some Lionel, Chicago, Bryan Adams "Heaven" (I will never play that song again), and a couple of Wham/George Michael Tunes.

I don't mind classic country, but it wasn't something I'd go cruising down 80 back in the day. I did have some softer rock ballads on a mix tape back in the day for when me and my girl we getting randy to set the mood, but no Barry White. Usually it was the 80's power ballads by of the day, some Lionel, Chicago, Bryan Adams "Heaven" (I will never play that song again), and a couple of Wham/George Michael Tunes.

I was wondering what happened to my mix tape!!

I believe the popular radio station at the time was KTUX and they took dedications. I wrote a special note to my girlfriend at the time and they read it on air. It was the weekend before I left for college. The song was "Heaven".

I was wondering what happened to my mix tape!!

I believe the popular radio station at the time was KTUX and they took dedications. I wrote a special note to my girlfriend at the time and they read it on air. It was the weekend before I left for college. The song was "Heaven".

Back in the day I listened to KZEW and KEGL in the morning when it would come in because of the poor reception, in the afternoon it was 96X (Kilgore, Longview, and later Shrevport) and KTAL 98.1. I hated KTUX 99, because it was limp music, especially when they had Porky Pig sing "True Colors". I know they were making fun of the song, but I didn't want to hear her music. I walk out of any room that has that Bryan Adams song playing. It does cut like a knife to this day. This song helped me get over that stuff:

Back in the day I listened to KZEW and KEGL in the morning when it would come in because of the poor reception, in the afternoon it was 96X (Kilgore, Longview, and later Shrevport) and KTAL 98.1. I hated KTUX 99, because it was limp music, especially when they had Porky Pig sing "True Colors". I know they were making fun of the song, but I didn't want to hear her music. I walk out of any room that has that Bryan Adams song playing. It does cut like a knife to this day. This song helped me get over that stuff:

Nice, I see what you did there. I am a hopeless romantic and nostalgic and am all for love so I enjoyed most of the music on KTUX at the time.

• 1 year later...

Dio - Holy Diver

Ratt - Out of the Cellar

Dokken - Tooth and Nail

Van Halen - Diver Down

Kiss - Lick It Up

Motley Crue - Shout at The Devil

Bon Jovi - Bon Jovi

.38 Special - Special Forces

AC/DC - For Those About To Rock

Scorpions - World Wide Live

Also receiving votes...Quiet Riot, Twisted Sister, all other AC/DC, Judas Priest.