Happy Hall Of Fame Day Everybody

Stoney

Seeing some of the BBWA ballots......it's ridiculous how these guys have this much power. Canadian BBWA Bob Gilles voted for Vlad Guerrero and Larry Walker. That's it. I say they go to a 1/3, 1/3, 1/3 vote. Hall of Famers vote counts 1/3. Current players vote counts 1/3. BBWA vote counts 1/3. These guys don't deserve 100% control.

So the BBWA logs more votes for a 2nd tier outfielder who would be hard pressed to be mentioned in the Top 10 at his position over his career than arguably one of the 3 best catchers of all time. Just change the name to the Hall of Nice Guys and Pretty Good Players

It's not unprecedented - Babe Ruth & Wille Mays were not unanimous selections (NO ONE has been)

That is ridiculous. I can think of numerous players who should have been unanimous selections. Babe should be at the top of the list with his accomplishments. It's also probably one of the reasons that no one ever will be by the snobs of baseball. The way I see it either you're a Hall of Famer or your not, and there shouldn't be a waiting time after the retirement waiting time. I still don't see how Lee Smith will never be a HOF'er. 7 time All Star, 3X Rolaids Relief Man award, and 4X relief leader. He was also the leader in saves having been surpassed by Trevor Hoffman and Mariano Rivera. I suppose the MLB voters treat relievers like punters and kickers are treated in the NFL, but that's wrong in my opinion. They have an important job to do, and when you're one of the best at your position you should be honored for having done so. If "Goose" Gossage got in being number 23 on the list, then the third best reliever should be in. That's a sham(e) to me.