SUPER BOWL LI: Atlanta vs New England

Super Bowl LI  

20 members have voted

1. 1. Who wins?

• Atlanta Falcons
    • New England Patriots

Sure seemed a lot like election night. At some point in the 3rd quarter, reports were that ATL had a 99.3% chance to win the game. Only for NE to chip away. Crazy game. ATL really blew it on one drive, with the sack where they had no business throwing the ball and then the holding penalty moving them back out of FG range. But big time players make the plays and Brady did that. Edelman did that. What a catch!

I read that many of the Falcons were partying Saturday night. I guess they didn't learn from the Bengals that did the same before Super Bowl XXIII, while it may not have been as bad as Stanley Wilson that's something you don't do.

31 records were tied or broken last night. I've never heard of that many in a Super Bowl : http://sports.yahoo.com/news/all-31-records-broken-or-matched-in-super-bowl-li-170923499.html

There had been 105 playoff games where a team trailed by at least 18 points entering the 3Q of a playoff game. Teams had been 0-105.

Someone must have forgotten this game : https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/The_Comeback_(American_football) . I watched that game, and couldn't believe it. I thought the Oilers had it. I read an article this morning that said last nights game was the greatest comeback in playoff history (not just the Super Bowl), and you bet your bippy that I corrected them on it.

Do you know where This quote comes from?

"Well the first man comes along that can read Latin is welcome to rob us, far as I'm concerned. I'd like a chance to shoot at a educated man once in my life...."

I never read Lonesome Dove, but I did like reading Louis L'Amour books. I think I've read almost all of his books.

• Like 1