Sabine

lynyrdskynyrd

Still in hopes they hire a young coach that not from around here..

A "FRESH FACE"

Not some old coach that just trying to run a athletic program before they retire.

I heard there was over 150 applicants that applied..

Sharp is the guy. Dude is here to make things right and do it for a long time. Was great at Bullard and will do great here. Good luck to Sharp and Sabine ISD.

This hire makes no sense to me, what part of his resume makes Sabine think he is a good hire? Schools typically like to hire within because they don't want to mess up the direction the program is going, but that can't be the case here. Sabine hasn't been good in a long time.

This hire makes no sense to me, what part of his resume makes Sabine think he is a good hire? Schools typically like to hire within because they don't want to mess up the direction the program is going, but that can't be the case here. Sabine hasn't been good in a long time.

Oh but they made playoffs the last few years..

Just to go into the first round for the #1 seed to have a warm up game.

Crazy how you can go into playoffs with a 2-8 record.

Sabine made the playoffs/post-season in EVERY sport last year (boys and girls both) and they are on pace to do the same this school year. The Football team has made the playoffs for 3 consecutive seasons after a 29 year drought. I know the athletes, and administrators are pleased with the 'direction the program is going'. Don't try to fix something that's not broken. Coach Sharp know his stuff, he is a man of integrity, and the kids love him. Excellent, decision by Sabine.

Sabine made the playoffs/post-season in EVERY sport last year (boys and girls both) and they are on pace to do the same this school year. The Football team has made the playoffs for 3 consecutive seasons after a 29 year drought. I know the athletes, and administrators are pleased with the 'direction the program is going'. Don't try to fix something that's not broken. Coach Sharp know his stuff, he is a man of integrity, and the kids love him. Excellent, decision by Sabine.[/quote

4 teams make the play-offs. I am sure there was some fourth place finishes in the past 29 years. We just did not brag about it back then

• Like 2

Naw, it's talent. Talent is the problem, along with the culture and lack of work ethic in Sabine.

220 wins to over 400 loses over the history of the school. http://www.smoaky.com/statsrecords/View.php?ArticleID=311

I know the record, I've known most of the coaches. I've seen neighboring schools take our kids and be successful with them in their programs. I've been around here for a long time, we have won consistently at the jr high, and JV level, heck we have dominated the track game as of late... you can't say that doesn't involve athletic talent. A culture change will most definitely improve our poor work ethic. I hope Coach Sharp has some of our assistants searching for employment opportunities elsewhere. Immediate needs: O-line coach(that actually teaches blocking technique in stead of STOP-DROP-n-Roll), and a new OC, hopefully someone instill a fundamentally sound system that does not involve us averaging more fumbles than first downs.

Sabine made the playoffs/post-season in EVERY sport last year (boys and girls both) and they are on pace to do the same this school year. The Football team has made the playoffs for 3 consecutive seasons after a 29 year drought. I know the athletes, and administrators are pleased with the 'direction the program is going'. Don't try to fix something that's not broken. Coach Sharp know his stuff, he is a man of integrity, and the kids love him. Excellent, decision by Sabine.

Ole lightning bolt drinks the participation ribbon flavored kool aid.

Blah

It tell you how you can wish a high school coach to be fired..

It's my tax dollars paying for his payroll check.

It's my kids that put in countless hours of work to be better just to see the team being out coached!!

That's how!!

• Like 2

It tell you how you can wish a high school coach to be fired..

It's my tax dollars paying for his payroll check.

It's my kids that put in countless hours of work to be better just to see the team being out coached!!

That's how!!

Getting out coached in every sport.

Culture change.

The culture change will happen after all of the teachers and coaches kids have graduated. They won't hire a coach that would come in and jeopardize playing time for those kids. Some are talented, but many are not.

The culture change will happen after all of the teachers and coaches kids have graduated. They won't hire a coach that would come in and jeopardize playing time for those kids. Some are talented, but many are not.

Yup, you hit the nail right on the head..

I've seen it happen too many times on the grid iron and on the diamond.

If you are employed by the school, throw money around, or be a kiss butt towards the coaches you can be apart of the inside club.

• Like 1

Coach5076

You argue this isn't NCAA or NFL, and I agree. High school coaches have better contracts when it comes to job security, and some high profile positions could rival them monetarily. All the while high school coaches are dealing with younger more moldable athletes, and they tend to stay in place a little longer in one place than the other two levels. That being said those coaches, especially coaches who celebrate mediocrity with t-shirts & clever program catch phrases, are afforded the opportunity to indoctrinate many kids with the wrong philosophy, work ethic, and leadership style. Think of all the kids that have left this program and went on to be VERY successful. One just got a ring in Carthage. Our kids deserve better. How many kids stayed and didn't get the coaches the deserved. I will say this Sharp is one of the very few out here that would make it in a real staff. Up your game boys. If you don't know how, ask. If you don't want to, leave. We want more. We deserve more. My hope for Coach Sharp's tenure here: We are gonna stop talking about it, and we are gonna be about it. Top to bottom. No free rides, no more I'm just here to get a fat retirement. Kids get ready to work, parents shut up and let the coachs push your kids outside of their comfort zones. Quit screaming at the officials like idiots. Learn to accept responsibility in your losses(parents, coaches, & kids), and then we can learn to WIN. Good luck to Coach Sharp and his Cardinals. If this offends you I hope you go coach at one of the schools we will be playing in the future.

• Like 1

I deleted my post, because I realized your tax dollars give you an opinion under a hidden nam. Fortunately you don't get to make those decisions.

You sir are wrong..

We do vote for the school board.

I vote for a trustee that has the same or similar views as me and my family has.

As for Coach Sharp, Yes I do question the hire. I hope to be proving wrong..Just hope this board took a good look at all the applicants and Coach Sharp was the best fit for this program to have more success in the future.