2017 NCAA BASEBALL

JustAFan11

Texas is the 2 seed in the Long Beach regional. Will play ucla in game one. The regional is linked with the 8th ranked national seed Stanford.

Texas swept ucla in Austin earlier this year. Also lost 2 of 3 to Stanford earlier.

Sam Houston and Southeastern Louisiana are representing the SLC well. Both won there openers (Arizona and Rice respectively). Both also lost to the regional host (Sam - Texas Tech; SELA - LSU) yesterday.

Interested to see what happens today. Would be really cool to see one of the two advance...

SELA gave LSU's ace quite a scare for 3 innings...

I don't think SELA advances, but they will make LSU work for it (Lions will beat Rice today). Taking two straight at the Box, during the tourney, is a tall order for any tean...

Other schools worth noting. I believe Texas only needs 1 win to advance, OU eliminated by Xavier, DBU won and will play the loser of TCU and VIrginia (currently in a weather delay I think), Texas Tech and Sam Houston St are tied up early, and finally Houston and Iowa are in a weather delay

A&M only has to win one of two and they will host a super regional since UNC got beat out by 4 seed Davidson. Crazy times.... A&M might actually make it to the college World Series with their worst team in the last 5 years lol

Texas fell to LBSU this morning 4-3.

Winner take all game is tonight at 9 CT. Texas is in a much better position with their pitching but need the bats to wake up a little more.

Despite the loss, Texas still looked really solid. As far as A&M goes, I do not see them making it out of the Supers lol... I just don't see how unless the bats catch fire like the beginning of the season.

I thought the umpire gave the Long Beach picher a very wide strike zone last night. I don't know if it was because he only hrew 83-86 and Johnson threw in the high 90s and he just could see his pitches better or what. Reminded me of Hernedez's no hitter in hitter when he was in Miami before he became a Yankee.