Quit Changing Baseball

Stoney

The length of the game is fine now, I don't think it is the problem. They certainly are not going to cut the warm-up time between innings, because that is when they are running commercials...... and ALWAYS follow the money. Any time-cutting will be during play. There is simply a limit to how many people are going to watch on TV. I have the Rangers' game on every night I am home, sometimes I am not even in the room for a while, but that is why DVRs were invented with the rewind feature. I'm sure I don't represent the average viewer.

Did I mention we had planned to spend 2 weeks at spring training this year and some unforeseen #$##^&*%#!!!!!!! circumstances have prevented it? I'm not upset about it, really..

https://www.nytimes.com/2017/02/22/sports/baseball/intentional-walks-without-pitches.html?_r=0

They changed baseball... An intentional walk without the pitcher throwing a single pitch will be activated starting this season. I'm actually not complaining about this one...

They have got on this kick about time and pace of game. How much time and how many times a game does a 4 pitch intentional walk take? In the span of a game or a season it's nothing. Why not bring back the bullpen cars then? A player running running from the bullpen has to take up as much time as a intentional walk. Sometimes you don't have to change just for changes sake.

https://www.nytimes.com/2017/02/22/sports/baseball/intentional-walks-without-pitches.html?_r=0

They changed baseball... An intentional walk without the pitcher throwing a single pitch will be activated starting this season. I'm actually not complaining about this one...

They shortened the game :p

They have got on this kick about time and pace of game. How much time and how many times a game does a 4 pitch intentional walk take? In the span of a game or a season it's nothing. Why not bring back the bullpen cars then? A player running running from the bullpen has to take up as much time as a intentional walk. Sometimes you don't have to change just for changes sake.

I timed it, it should shave off about 1 minute for each Intentional walk.

I guess they didn't see the end of the SFA / Texas A&M game the other night. Next improvement makes 3 balls a walk and 2 strikes an out. Oh and you only get 2 outs per inning because 3 out takes too long.

Seriously, the only way left to shorten it would be the between inning warm ups... and force teams to move their bullpen closer to the infield :lol:

Seriously, the only way left to shorten it would be the between inning warm ups... and force teams to move their bullpen closer to the infield :lol:

The intentional walk thing I'm okay with because how many intentional walks are you making in a game? It maybe shaves off a minute at the most. At the same time though I think if they really want to shorten the game, they need to find something that will ultimately shave off 15-20 minutes total. Like the between inning warmups like you said. Other than that, just let baseball be baseball. I love it the way it is :P

it's hard to believe the people that don't watch baseball don't do so because it takes too long. you either love watching baseball or you don't.

MLB wants it mainstreamed for TV audiences, but the game isn't built for it.

Like I said I enjoy baseball, but there is nothing you can do to make me enjoy a Yankees Mariners game unless it's the playoffs or determining whether or not the Rangers are getting in the postseason

Bring back the bullpen cars.

No more relievers running from the back 40 into the game.

No more than one pitching change a inning.

Any batter that gets two strikes is automatically called out. Not throwing that third strike should help.

Softball rules. Any home run hit you don't have to run the bases.

No instant replay challenges to New York.

If it's a 10 run lead at the top of the 8th, the game is called.

Rain delays must be played out on PS4 MLB The Show 17 until rain stops.

3 straight foul balls equals a walk.

Bring back the bullpen cars.

No more relievers running from the back 40 into the game.

No more than one pitching change a inning.

Any batter that gets two strikes is automatically called out. Not throwing that third strike should help.

Softball rules. Any home run hit you don't have to run the bases.

No instant replay challenges to New York.

If it's a 10 run lead at the top of the 8th, the game is called.

Rain delays must be played out on PS4 MLB The Show 17 until rain stops.

3 straight foul balls equals a walk.

You forgot limiting 2 home runs a game per team. After that each home run is an out.

• Like 1